making a t/a fast?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  making a t/a fast?

the ta years that i want only have like 180 hp and there pretty heavy, whats a good way to make them faster?

posted by  nick27

Add more horsepower and reduce the weight.

posted by  theman352001

and how would i add hp? new carb, new exaust system?

posted by  nick27

exhaust (including headers), intake manifold, cam shaft, etc. there is a ton of stuff you can do to make that car faster. do yourself a favor and get a Summit or Jeg's catalog. by the way, what year is the car??????

posted by  glagon1979

Now why didn't I think of that? :doh:

READ his thread. He doesn't OWN a car. He's just WANTING one. Essentially this is another time waster of a thread because he'll probably end up with a five year old Kia.

posted by  vwhobo

no i wont... im 16 and ima gonna buy it soon... its been my fav car since i was really small and i hate jap cars.... y u always gotta flame for? if ur not gonna pitch in and help me then f*ck off and dont bother replying. its a 78

posted by  nick27

Don't be too hard on yourself, I'm pretty sure you would have eventually. :laughing:

posted by  theman352001

Man after my own heart :laughing: How about an LS1 swap? I'm thinking of doing that in the spring when I take mine out of storage.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Storage? Is that the official name for the Hot Wheels display rack at K-Mart?

posted by  vwhobo

:clap:

posted by  newyorker

No, it's in storage right now on his hard drive and in his sig. As soon as he can figure out how the matter-re-materializer works, he'll zap that sucker back into existence. :thumbs:

If he had a picture of an LS1 also, then he could do the swap right away.

posted by  theman352001

No, the garage I put it in for winter storage.

posted by  PontiacFan27

And my neon pulls 12s stock!

posted by  newyorker

Go take a pic of the beast in the garage they may beleive you then!!! :doh:

posted by  windman

Not that we cared in the first place, but he cant seem to prove anything he says. The vaccum theory, why a 3000GT is better than an MR2, Neon, SRT-4, Integra, etc. etc. And now this. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

I'm not going to drive 30 mins to my buddies garage to take a picture to prove anything to you guys. It's not that hard to believe that someone would have a 78 trans am. I bought it for 3000 a few years back when it didnt run. It still doesnt run that well.

posted by  PontiacFan27

why are you even answering to theM? dont waste time typing... were answering to some fag with a neon and some other f*ckheads... by the way...

NEONS FKN SUCK... NO MATTER HO MUCH U MOD IT ITS STILL THE UGLIEST PIECE NEON... THATS RIGHT I SAID NEON NOT SH*T BECAUSE ID RATHER DRIVE A PIECE OF DOG SH*T WITH WHEELS THAN A NEON

SH*T>NEON

posted by  nick27

Well, that explains why you'd want a '78 T/A. And if you really were interested in an answer to your question, you'd at least tell us what engine it has in it. Think hard, this might be a trick. On second thought, I don't want you to put yourself under any undue strain, so just continue along as you were.

So what engine does your imaginary car have?

posted by  vwhobo

6.6 litre 403

posted by  nick27

Not bad. Who made the 403?

posted by  vwhobo

pontiac.... im not a mecahnic here so dont ask me the engineers name or sumting.. i just like this car alot.

posted by  nick27

Wrong answer. Would you like to try again or collect the "I don't know shit about what I claim to be buying award"?

posted by  vwhobo

Three V8s were offered in 78, the 400 and 403, and the Chevy 305.

I beleive the 403 was an Olds. Dont hold me to that though

posted by  PontiacFan27

Olds?
geez atleast google b4 ya shoot off

posted by  windman

Moron. The 305 wasn't offered in the T/A in '78. Get a grip on something besides your weenie.

posted by  vwhobo

Thank you for answering someone elses question. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

The 403 was made from 1977 to 1979 and used across the Buick, Olds, Pontiac and Cadillac vehicle lines. It was also used in other applications like motor homes, boats and some industrial applications. It was sort of meant to replace the previous use of big block engines in the BOP line. Stock specs on a 1977-79 403 are: 185hp@3600 RPM, 320ft/lbs torque @2200 RPM, 4.351 x 3.385 bore/stroke, 8.0:1 compression ratio
:doh:

posted by  windman

ok gm? oldsmobile? how the hell am i supposed to know man... what make is the pipe in your ass? who invented it? what country was it made in? what size is it? color? what about diameter? what nationality was the inventor? what did he eat for lunch the day he invented it?

posted by  nick27

lmao sorry :laughing:

posted by  windman

Then I guess you will be stuck riding shit on wheels forever :)
BTW your "piece neon" makes no sense. My neon will take your imaginary T/A untill you take off some weight, and put some more power into it. Nuff said :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

no cause ill never buy a neon...

posted by  nick27

If it's your favorite car, you should know something about it. You proved what I was getting at. You know nothing about '78 T/A's, it just sounded good for a post. You're a time waster.

BTW, that thing in my ass? Hobo shit, me, USA, 12", turd brown, 3", American, bratwurst. You forgot to ask what it's called. It's called your lunch.

posted by  vwhobo

no i dont have to ask what it is cause i said its the pipe un ur ass.

posted by  nick27

Cause you wouldnt be able to handle a car that weighs anything less than 4000 lbs? :2cents:. See in a neon, all that mass isnt holding you to the road, so you can actually take turns at more than 40 MPH. Im positive that if you take the "T/A" to autocross, I will destroy your lap times.

posted by  newyorker

o and btw.. as for my lunch it was a 14 '' sub

posted by  nick27

ok newyorker dont start with me... what ur sayin a neons better?

its not that i cant handle it its just i dont like jap cars

posted by  nick27

ok and? u can beat me in turn who cares? i like it cause the engine roars and its a beast and looks nice...

posted by  nick27

Moron. Neons are a US brand car (ever hear of Dodge and Plymouth) that are made in Mexico. Japan has nothing to do with them. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

wouldnt more mass = greater downforce= greater traction= greater turning speed? dumbshit... what you meant to say was that the neon is lighter, so if you go into a turn at 40mph, you dont have to swing 4000lbs around, just 2500lbs or w.e the neon wieghs, try and aruge the right point next time buddy

EDIT: i assume were talking about 90 degree turns, in sweeping and increasing diameter turns, more wighet is better, or downforce rather.

posted by  ride3k

Yea but the Neon isnt a Jap car. Care to make yourself more stupid, or you want to quit while youre not THAT far behind?

posted by  newyorker

In your imagination or on the videos at streetfire? :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

Yea ma bad thats the point i was trying to get across.
And I mean all kinds of turns. A car thats 4000LBS wont turn as quickly and easily as one that weighs 2700

posted by  newyorker

its not a jap car but i mean its kinda like a jap car... that ricey look and it just doesnt look domestic its a jap car in disguise.. u know what i mean

posted by  nick27

anyway..... get some 68-70 olds 350 heads and a mild cam and you should have enough ass for a awhile...

posted by  dodger65

well, maybe if you had a "rice wing" on your car, you know, kinda like putting the mpire state building on the back of your car?

but ya, i can go thorugh wider turns faster than you, garunteed, my wgieht (cant seem to spell worth shit) will hold me to the ground longer if its a wider turn with less g's, your lack of poundage will mean that your car will start to "lift" off the pavement, which is worse than when mine sticks to hard.

posted by  ride3k

While you're busy giving lessons on how to argue correctly, see if you can work this into your schedule. Downforce and weight ARE NOT the same thing. Go look it up. Additionally, if you take a car that weighs 50% more, but only have contact patches that are 30% larger, you'll actually have less traction.

Almost forgot. Dumbsh*t.

posted by  vwhobo

ok, wow, use a brain hobo. wieght is a factor in downforce, so if i have more wieght, technically i have more downforce. you ever wonder why they put wings on the lighter cars and no wings on the heavier cars? and im betting, dont know for shure cuz i dont know yorker's wheels, my whells are more than jus a 30% contact patch diff. and 1300 is not 50%, i think you need to brush up on your math.

posted by  ride3k

can neone find me a vid of a 77-78 ta on streetfire or anywhere?

posted by  nick27

Really. Heavy race cars don't use aerdynamic aids to increase downforce? That's news to me and everyone else who races cars. Let me make this very simple because you're obviously not very bright. WEIGHT IS NOT DOWNFORCE. 3500 pound NASCAR stockers use spoilers and air dams to increase downforce. 3000 pound SCCA World Challenge cars use spoilers and wings to increase downforce. 3000 pound Pro Stocks use air dams and wings to increase downforce. Sorry, but you can take your ignorant opinion and stick it technically in your ass.

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/News/732/05-gigliotti.jpghttp://www.dragli st.com/photoimages/mountains02/Wally%20Stroupe,%20one%20of%20the%20pioneers %20of%20Pro%20Mod,%20has%20made%20a%20successful%20transition%20to%20Pro%20 Stock.%20Photo%20by%20Stephen%20Hawes.jpg
As for your bitch about my numbers, you're correct, but splitting hairs. A '78 T/A weighs 3600 pounds. A '98 Neon weighs 2450 pounds. That's 47 percent, dry. Add the weight of fuel, oil and coolant (don't forget, the T/A hold more of eash) and 50% is a good working figure. As for the tires, I was being generous. The stock tire on the T/A is 225/70-15 and on the Neon 195/60-15. That's a 20% difference in contact patch size. The numbers don't do anything to make you look smarter, so maybe the best thing you can do is shut up now. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Ricey look? Do you think before you speak? A car stock cannot look ricey. Rice is what you make it, and no car can be rice. No I dont know what you mean, and whoever agrees with you should be shot in the head right after yourself. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

Dont want to run on your parade, but MY neon has 185/65HR14

posted by  newyorker

http://www.transamtech.com/videotech.shtml
Care to actually admit that you are wrong? Or change the topic and gradually get out of your steaming pile of excuses.

posted by  newyorker

admit that im wrong bout what?

posted by  nick27

Ok Twinky for the last time lets go over this.
You said youd never buy a neon
Then you said its a Jap car
Then when I told you that my car handles better you were like "oo...........well i dont care cause I like the V8 roar"
Let me tell you something Twinky. My car sounds like a 6 cylinder because I took a small piece of the Stock intake off, so STFU. You were constantly implying that your car is the shit but when you got caught headon with a valid argument on my side, you just switch to a different topic instead of trying to prove me wrong. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

now i have to prove that a v8 sounds better than that squirrel powered engine?

posted by  nick27

Squirrel powered? Ok Mr. Muscle

Your car:
Cylinders -
Liters -
Horsepower -
Weight -

And then I will tell you mine.

posted by  newyorker

whats your point?

posted by  nick27

www.google.com
You can find all of the answers to your imaginary car there. Still waiting on that answer.

posted by  newyorker

78 trans am
8 cylinders
6.6 litres
3600 lbs
185 hp
320 tq

posted by  nick27

Actually, it was the first year the 305 was offered. It was rated at 145 horsepower.

posted by  PontiacFan27

hey neon fag whats you point?

posted by  nick27

My car sounds like a 6 cylinder because I took a small piece of the Stock intake off???
Like what off the intake?
I dont want in on this arguement either that just struck me as odd.

posted by  windman

The air box sits behind the engine (gota do somethin about that) and there is a snorkel that goes over the head and sucks air into the box.
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?bg=000000&image=http:// memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2118000-2118999/2118767_4_full.j pg
Its teh big plastic piece on top of the engine.

posted by  newyorker

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=D6F2A6BF-B72A-46BA-BEE2-C62 6A39C330E&kw=8&p=10

check out that vid!!!

posted by  nick27

98 neon DOHC
4 cylinders
2 liters
150 horsepower
133 torque
You weigh 1100 lbs more than me and only have 35 horsepower to make up for it. Dont start with the torque because my FWD car wont kick out the back when I floor it through a turn, and yours will. Clearly I have you beat everywhere but a dragstrip :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

I noticed that newyorker brought handling into this argument. I love how that always happens. Bring up handling because your car cant win in straight line. Its stupid to compare 30 year old cars to modern day cars in handling because technology in suspension and frame/body work has improved greatly. Of course a 30 year old car that ways 3500 pounds with stock everything isnt going to handle better than a 2500 decade old car.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Pontiac....I never said I can get him in a straight line! And drag racing isnt the only motorsport out there believe it or not. I was originally talking about Auto-x

posted by  newyorker

ok youll take of faster and ill fly by you...

posted by  nick27

Because in auto-x there are SO MANY straightaways! :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

but whoos talking bout auto x?

you bring up all these conditions to make you win ok well heres my condition

DRAG

now stfu t/a > neon and thats ll there is too it

posted by  nick27

Thats only if you dont know what the hell you're doing. Ever wonder why the best performance cars in the world are RWD?

The T/A would have the Neon off the line do to having 3x the amount of torque you have and continue to do so because of the higher horsepower.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Im off to the movies. 10 mile city ride should only take me about 10 minutes if i take the curvy backroads because I can actually do 70 through a rather sharp turn. I will follow up on all writing once I get back. Ciao

posted by  newyorker

You say drag because anywhere else you cant get shit. I bet youve never heard of anything other than NHRA and Nascar

posted by  newyorker

They are the best, if you know how to drive them. This kid sounds like he cant even control his dick when he goes to the bathroom, and thats pretty small, so he should have no trouble.

posted by  newyorker

ask your mom shell tell you it aint small...

posted by  nick27

Youre right. She said she doesnt know who you are. Does Nick27 mean
Hi my name is Nick and my dick is 2 inches small and im 7 years old? :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

Only you would know. :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

Yes becuase my name is alex and im 17 :thumbs:
Alex resembles nick SO much does it not? :orglaugh:

posted by  newyorker

dont tell anyone i have my wife convinced this
[________________} is six inches
:laughing:

posted by  windman

no it means my name is nick and i like the number 27

you know your a real piece of shit right?

posted by  nick27

o and btw she should know me... my numbers written on her dresser door...

tell her she owes me cash and i forgot my boxers there too

posted by  nick27

Sure it does.

posted by  newyorker

how bout u go to the mvies with ur boyfriend and stfu now?

posted by  nick27

Actually I meant nick was prolly your little brother... and thats how you knew what his size was.

posted by  Pythias

So does that mean you know your brother's size? :laughing: JKJK

posted by  chris_knows

You shouldnt speak of your mother like that :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

wow what a perv

posted by  newyorker

Hes not the pervert who is ****in his brother :orglaugh:

posted by  PontiacFan27

Just so you all know my brother isnt 7 hes 34, and I dont **** guys. Only hot bitches that love my car and how I drive it :wink2:

posted by  newyorker

lol... so in other words no one?

posted by  nick27

LMFAO!!!

posted by  Pythias

hey man u set ur self up for that one...

posted by  nick27

Youre off by about 12 or 13. Add one for tonight. Dont forget your mom too. That hoe just loves the DOHC

posted by  newyorker

yeah... bring ppls moms and shit into it... little pice of shit...

i would love to see you.... id break ur fkn teeth and well see how well you could drive with a foot up ur ass

posted by  nick27

Where do you live? I love beating the ass out of little posers like you.
P.S. Even if I had a dick in my ass, id still drive better than you :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

YOU like beating the shit outta posers like me? poser that have been boxers for 8 years huh? posers that weigh 200 lbs? and yeah im sure youd drive better than me wit ha cock in your ass... after alll practice does make perfect

posted by  nick27

Youre talking to a 3rd degree Martial Artist thats also 200lbs. Care to share your address so I can come and serve you and your imaginary car?

posted by  newyorker

sure i live in mtl where do u live?

posted by  nick27

and btw... it is impossible to be a 3rd degree martial artist by 17... lol i wanna hear this now..

posted by  nick27

Is it really impossible? Care to prove how? Maybe you dindt consider that I started when I was 8, and I live in philadelphia.

posted by  newyorker

so ur gonna fly down hear? lmao... i dont give a shit when you started i thing that to get your third degree you have to of teached a certain amount o student lol.... and u like to beat posers? posing to be a 200 lb martial artist lol.... id knoiw ur fkn teeth out

posted by  nick27

You do know that Montreal is north of Philly, right? :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

i dont care if its across the street from my house id still ko him

posted by  nick27

Im not gona waste my money. And you dont have to teach anyone to get a 3rd degree black, but that being the case, i even helped my Sensei teach classes. :fu:

posted by  newyorker

i dont care what you did ill still ko you...

1 hit and you guys are down.... karate may have more technique but u guys just arent as tough as us... and on a street ur really fked... i can take shots and not go down cuzz im used to it. you cant.

posted by  nick27

Hey, hey, hey now...I'm a yellow belt...don't believe me, I'll post some pictures of it, but I can take shots pretty damn well...why just a couple of weeks ago, I got my flu shot, and didn't cry at all...Well maybe a little

:laughing: JK...But I am a yellow belt, ladies :hi: :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Can we please take this little bitching fest to PM's. Or can we close down this thread since we know that nothing more will come other than thes two people fighting. I dont care who can kicks whos ass or whos 3rd degree what. Please will you two STFU. God bitch at each other in private. If i didnt know better id say you two were nearing your Fiftieth wedding anniversary and i would give a you a congratulations. Now can we get back to cars and stop talking if it isnt productive.

posted by  skeetin870

lol... i bet you could kick his ass too... wanna be martial artist with a neon... WHO EVEN THINKS ITS COOL...

posted by  nick27

:clap: :clap: Agreed :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

yeah.... know what are some good upgrades for a t/a

posted by  nick27

Wow this thread has ****ing rocketed

posted by  99integra

Really? OK then when I get you in your pressure points and lock your arms behind you and you scream like a piggy, well talk.

posted by  newyorker

OK then Mr. Boxer. Yea my neon is a good car. Better than a car you dont have. :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

Jesus newyorker did you not read what i said STFU nobody cares nobody wants to hear it now shut up and stop you arent adding anything to the conversation.
Nick how much is that Trans-Am gonna cost you. You might want to look at Taurus SHO's if you can drive a stick avoid the autos. 220 BHP and it weighs about 3100 lbs. The only problem is you gotta wanna put in some work on your own. But you can pick one up for about 3k in good shape.

posted by  skeetin870

Don't feed the fire re re, he'll pounce on you again

posted by  99integra

He never did pounce on me and i dont care if he does. Hell im hundreds of miles away and quite frankly he can chase me down in his neon and i can just drive away in my SHO. Besides its just words on a sreen isnt it?

posted by  skeetin870

You're right, how do we know you have an SHO, like you said, they're just words on a screen

posted by  99integra

where can i pick one up? oo thats a taurus... no man... i want a t/a lol

yeah i could get one in mint condition for around 7 grand. but its truly mint.

posted by  nick27

Whatever man im just throwing out the option of a cheaper and IMO better car. 5 passengers and a high 14 low 15 second car its not bad. But you had a post about a mustang too. This is faster ill tell you that blowing of old 5.0's isnt too hard.

My mom just bought a digital camera and ill show off my SHO and all of her faukts as soon as i can but until then ask all the questions you want you have the right to be suspicious of me. But i can direct you to my question in the maintanence section if youd like but until then youll just have to believe me. Besides its not like my claim is that outrageous.

posted by  skeetin870

MAN I BELIEVE YOU.... im just saying... ok so whats a good make for a full exhaust setup? oh and can i remove the mufflers and have headers all the way so or is taht illegal and bad for performance?

posted by  nick27

wait... your saying the t/a is faster?

posted by  nick27

Nick i honestly dont know i have a borla setup on my car and i like it alot but i honestly cant tell you. Oh and i was saying that to 99integra.
No im saying the SHO is faster than both the T/A and the mustang

posted by  skeetin870

oh ok... but how can i get this engine to lets say 400+ hp?

posted by  nick27

Turbo :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

Alright I was just kinda throwin what you said to him at you no biggie :wink2:

Are you talking about the Taurus or the SHO in general?

posted by  99integra

ok but what bout pistons and some internal shit like that?

posted by  nick27

I wouldnt turbo a T/A or any first car. youll just wreck it why dont you wreck something a little cheaper and slower and get it off the road.
and i meant the SHO the taurus as a whole sucked.

posted by  skeetin870

thing is i dont wanan spend money on something cheaper that i dont like... so ill just take it easy for a while till i get used to it. besides a stock t/a isnt too fast is it?

posted by  nick27

im just saying. Anyway no stock it probably isnt, but nonetheless I wouldnt knock anything until you tried it. I like my SHO because its fast an I can haul 4 other people around with me. And people were always shocked i when i challenged them and they lost. Also its cheap to insure, and nobody expects anything out of a taurus. But a T/A Im not so sure that goes un-noticed.
But im not trying to sway you just to get you to look at your options.

posted by  skeetin870

Headers arent made that long. Its illegal to not have mufflers, but true performance would mean running a headerback no-cat system. For a T/A I would personally go with the FLowmaster. I know a guy with that setup on his 96 Camaro, but its just too loud for my liking.

posted by  newyorker

I figured you of all people would know that the SRT-4 has no muffler...Unless I'm mistaken? :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

If you want to get a 78 T/A to 400+ horses that means getting a new exhaust like I said before, new headers, pistons, twin carburators, Maybe a Ram air intake (the ones that stick out of the hood). Also ive heard of something caled pushrods, but I think thats part of the carburator. Im not familiar with muscle cars, so I cant really prove to be too valuable here, but thats all I can suggest. If you want to make a little more power, do some weight reduction. New hood, windows, remove the door panels. Some of these things kinda add to the discomfort of driving because if you have a very loud engine and very thin metal due to weight reduction, the whole car will shake and be about as noisy as a submarine boiler room.

posted by  newyorker

EDIT: http://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/exhaustparts_files/srt4-vrs-muffler-in let.jpg
Isnt that a muffler?

posted by  newyorker

It normally isn't...I just took a driving test practice online a couple of days ago, and one question was:

In Ontario, which of these is legal in a car:

a) A radar
b) No muffler
c) No passenger seat *correct one*
d) ...can't remember :doh:

EDIT: I've read/heard that it has no muffler...and just type in Muffler SRT-4 on google, and here's what comes up:

Google Results (http://www.google.ca/search?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=muffler%20srt-4&btnG=Sear ch&sa=N&tab=iw)

posted by  chris_knows

Then obviouisly choice B wasnt correct, so why say that the SRT-4 from the factory breaks the rules for legal driving conditions? :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

Only in Canada :orglaugh: jk

posted by  newyorker

yeah thx for the suggestions but would the car really shake alot? also would this be a problem like bolts un screwing and stuff like that?

posted by  nick27

If the car is really really bad condition then yes. It wont shake to the point like you have Hydraulics, but it wont be a Lexus either.

posted by  newyorker

well the one im looking at is mint.

posted by  nick27

So you wont have any problems with it. Is it automatic or stick?

posted by  newyorker

i'd like to go back to the point where the 185hp 3600lb T/A is faster then a 150hp 2700lb neon...

now yes, 185 is a higher number then 150, but that's really not what matters. what matters is weight to power ratio.

so lets look at weight/power, where a lower number means a faster car.

3600lbs/185hp = 19.46lbs/hp, so each hp is pushing 19.5lbs.

2700lbs/150hp = 18lbs/hp, so each hp is pushing 18lbs.

now, of course what really counts is "area under the curve" where a flatter power curve wins over one that peaks at around the same horsepower, but if you want to compare peak power to peak power, the neon wins in this case.

then you've also got to take into consideration (if that 185hp is at the crank, which it probably is), that the trans am would loose a good portion of that hp between the crank and the wheels, whereas the neon wont (as much). this throws the flat out speed race to the neon even more.

so what i would imagine happening in a drag is the T/A getting a much better launch, but eventually the neon catching up.

but, i'll say the trans am is a sexier car. :laughing:

posted by  pik_d

Excelent analasys.

posted by  newyorker

ok but doesnt that torque come in to play any where? and yes its manual

posted by  nick27

my dad has a quad flomaster on his camaro, i looove it, cant wait till i learn stick so i can drive his cars...

posted by  ride3k

yea, it'll do better in the launch and low end, but somewhere along the way the neon will start to do better.

now that i go and look it up, at muscle car club dot com, the 185hp trans am is a 16 flat second car. a neon r/t, according to allpar dot com, is a 15.8 second car, and the base neon is a 16.1 second car.

now, who's to say the R/T driver isnt better then the T/A driver, so it could be a close race, though i would give it to the neon, if it was an R/T, looking at all else being equal.

posted by  pik_d

were talking split seconds here.... but i woyuld mod this t/a to atleast 400 horses plus spray

posted by  nick27

well when you say that, all comparisons of stock cars go out the window...

but i think the point is, is that you were wrong in some of your statements, and you seem to be side tracking to avoid admitting you were wrong.

posted by  pik_d

"it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile. winnings winning" - King Rice

posted by  newyorker

lol, that was the cheesiest line ive ever heard... stupid vin diesel , yeah i was wrong.. happy?

posted by  nick27

for now, sure. :thumbs:

posted by  pik_d

After all that I have only one question.... how did Hobo get a puppet? (or would you prefer semi-shadow, as it lacks the knowledge and wittiness the Hobo uses in his flaming).

posted by  car_crazy89

i already tolja a bunch of pages back how to make it quicker... :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  dodger65

wow!!!! push rods are for the carb? huh?
aside from the nonsense, yes, headers, at least a 2 1/2in exhaust, cam, intake manifold, and flat top pistons. as for the twin carb statement, yes you could do that but its just not needed. one holley or edelbrock 750cfm would be plenty. my drag car pushes 425hp and thats all ive got. you could get your heads redone with a 3 angle valve grind, port and polish the intake ports, and get some larger ratio rocker arms. and if you really wantedd to get nuts with it, put a full roller set up in it. :drool:

posted by  glagon1979

as did i, in the 4TH POST!!!

posted by  glagon1979

how much would all that cost though?

posted by  nick27

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MUSCLE CARS!!! Im surprised I could even spell carburators even thought I think I spelled it wrong anyhow :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

are you reffering to me? if so, how am i his puppet; if not, then who are you talking about?

posted by  pik_d

Sorry, could of been more clear, I meant newyorker, as he seems to stick by Hobos side (and now likes to use the word 'Twinkie' a lot).

posted by  car_crazy89

ah, ok. i got confused since your post followed one of mine... :doh:

i dunno... considering vwhobo still seems to get on newyorkers case whenever he see's fit, i dunno what newyorker is thinking.

posted by  pik_d

:banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Can't we all just get a bong?

Seriously, if the kid knows nothing about the car, TEACH HIM. Dont' flame him. Maybe he wants to learn? My dream car is a 67 ChevelleSS w/ a dropped 454 in it.. do I know much else? No. Would I like to learn? Sure!

posted by  Metzger

i spent almost $2000 on mine and its still not the way i want it. plus mine is a chevy 350 not a BOP 403. those tend to be a little more pricey to buy parts for. just start with a carb and intake set up and go from there. :thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

how do you drop a 454???

posted by  glagon1979

Simple, just let go :laughing: :screwy:

posted by  99integra

i knew someone would say that

posted by  glagon1979

oh dont worry about it, the only truth to that is that i have no idea what you're thinking. :mrgreen:

posted by  pik_d

Quite frankly, neither do I at times :doh:

posted by  newyorker

If you're worried about spending alot of money, then car modding isn't for you. A couple of recommendations.

Exhaust should be where you start. Work back from there, unless you want to swap the engine. If you're swapping, it makes it alot easier to do inner-engine mods because you can do it all before you perform the swap. Higher lift/duration cams, port and polish, bore/stroke, carb, nitrous, supercharger, turbo... whatever you want. The car is your canvas, and Summit Racing is your palette.

posted by  PontiacFan27

well i dont want a super charger because its makes that hissing sound. maybe a blower?

posted by  illusion34

Go and spend some time learning about cars and their systems and sub-systems before posting any further. What exactly do you think a blower is?

posted by  vwhobo

ok sorry

posted by  illusion34

and where could i learn about that stuff?

posted by  illusion34

If you're a raw beginner, and I think you are, this (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/) is probably as good a place as any. You local library will also have alot of general automotive books.

posted by  vwhobo

that motor is not going to be anything to talk about below 25 mph unless you up the compression (i.e. swap the heads...) change the heads and while you're in there, swap to an aluminum intake. i had a 77 403 w/ 68 350 heads, a performer cam, and a stock 83 307 aluminum intake w/ a stock q-junk and it would incinerate the tires from a dead stop.... it's not expensive to make it quick, it just takes the right combo...

posted by  dodger65

but is the 403 a good base to start with or would lets says a 454 or a 455 be better?

posted by  illusion34

there's no replacement for displacement IMHO, but if he's kinda on a budget, he can still tweak the existing motor...

posted by  dodger65

If the motor has a good deal of miles on it and you wanna have a good engine to start from, swapping might be a smart idea. If the motor has been around for a while taking normal abuse, its going to be fussy with performance mods.

posted by  PontiacFan27

pontiac ur avatars make me cry lol.... i want one soo bad!!!! how can anyone say that car isnt beautiful?

posted by  nick27

I can. Its ass ugly for that matter. Just personal opinion. I would never buy a muscle car.

posted by  newyorker

when you grow up you will
you should archive all these threads and look back at them when your 30-40
you'll laugh and say man was i a smart mouth lil twinkie back then

posted by  windman

You drive exactly what. I plan on driving highclass cars, not something that sounds like a 500 horsepower tractor.

posted by  newyorker

at the moment i drive a 95 lincoln continental
but i also have two speedboats bbc bbf
a 89 cutlass a 88 chev starcraft van a 92 s10 4x4 a 97 mercedes 2002 f150
jets ski's dirt bikes
what does what i have have to do with you ?
you dont have to drive them to appreciate then is the point i was trying to make

posted by  windman

son your gonna drive me to drinking if ya dont stop driving that hot rod lincoln
just because its a hot rod doesnt mean it has no class!!!!

posted by  windman

Cars with class are Saab, BMW, Benz, Acura. The luxury ones that come with 250+ horsepower and that purr like a kitten when you step on the throttle.

posted by  newyorker

I'd rather roar like a monster than purr like a kitten

posted by  PontiacFan27

:laughing:

posted by  99integra

all depends on what you like i suppose
when i drop my 454bbc boat in the water and fire it up
who's boat do you think people look at
the one with the lil honda 100 hp on the back?
or me that shoots a 50foot rooster and roars like a mofo on the way out to go skiing ?
but here again i dont care what people think
im the one that likes the power roar and speed of the big block
i could drop a 350 sbc in and get the same speed
but why?

posted by  windman

I'm with you on that, there's just something about Classic/Muscle cars (other then the big engines, nice looks, need for no radio, sound/power) that just makes you want to have one....or more. Can't wait till I got the money for what I want.

posted by  car_crazy89

Why. To defend your masculinity or lack thereof?

posted by  newyorker

Your a dumb****, i have a 94 firebird which is older than your neon, heres my specs see how you stand to this
94 firebird formula
LT1 350
300 Hp
320 ft/lbs Torqe
6 speed manual
I'll kick your ass drag, curves, Value, girls, BETTER CAR (.) PERIOD
Do you wana argue? Dont diss the 78 the engine is still over twice the size of yours just becuse the Fuel crunch around that era, it doesnt have alot of power. There is a reson firebirds are made and neons
Firebirds- Racing, SPorts cars, Competition.
Neon-ChEEP, Good gas Mileage. Your not supposed compare apples and oranges they are two diffrent cars made for different purposes.

This wasnt supposed to bring others into the fight, just try to get the neon dude to shut up about his 30 secound neon that he claims does 12's.

P.S. 500 horsepower trator, would sound like the apocolyps comming down the road, your car sounds like a 500 horsepower weed eater.

posted by  83transam

Where did I say it does 12's. Can you prove that? If not then shut up.

posted by  newyorker

RiGHT THERE COCK ****ER Now you shut your mouth Child, and if your not a child i wouldnt tell anyone cuz then your very stupid for an adult

posted by  83transam

:clap: :laughing:
he tends to contradict himself alot!!!

posted by  windman

Yup, guess he proved it and doesn't have to shut up huh?

posted by  Pythias

But to answer Nicks ?? i would say, get rid of all the weight you can, take off the smog BS. Then get a cold air intake, or sc. Then get a big holly duble pumper and a high rise manafold. Headers Straight pipe the ehaust. Then do the internal engine. and lower the gears in the rear end. The only factors in speed are weight and power. well i guess not ONLY but the main.

posted by  83transam

i'd like to see a link to the original post... :screwy:

posted by  pik_d

He obviously was be sarcastic, but he probably thought he meant it.

http://car-forums.com/talk/showpost.php?p=159814&postcount=13

posted by  nsupra27

Yea if you cant tell that thats humor, theres a marble loose in you.

posted by  newyorker

Regardless you said it. :PP

posted by  Pythias

If sarcasm cant be told, then its more sad than his use of language. Do I have to put :laughing: every ****ing time im joking? Its a little ridiculous no? :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

Sarcasm is detected by tone of voice. Hard to do in plain text :thumbs:

posted by  PontiacFan27

Well that line doesnt take a genius. A blind man could tell.

posted by  newyorker

Not really a blind man can't read. :ticking:

posted by  Pythias

After reading 6 pages of this I can see where newyorker got that post count.
ITS CALLED EDITING YOUR POSTS! Dont make 4 posts in a row, simply go back and edit your first post, adding whatever it is that you wish to say. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

OMFG i see you have no sense of humor either.

posted by  newyorker

Newyorker has no life. 1500 posts in less than 2 months. That doesnt include the posts from his other accounts, which were banned.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I dunno I was like that a while ago though :doh:

posted by  99integra

Ya, he is definately a post whore. I got 1k in like 8 months.

posted by  StiMan

You also were banned Oomba. I was once banned for "advertising" even after taking down the link (complete BS), and for posting stevens number.

posted by  newyorker

and all his post consist of "my neon would destroy you trans am or ferrari"
or Neon fastest in its class(however the other vehicle in its class are bycycles and lets face it Lance vs Neon im gonna go with lance.

posted by  Aondor

You're an idiot. Getting banned is getting banned. Its obvious nobody wants you here, so just leave. Get a life.

posted by  PontiacFan27

See these kinds of jokes dont even make sense.

posted by  newyorker

Right..so if you get banned now accidentally for nothing and come back I can make fun of you for it too?

posted by  newyorker

i think new yorker has a couple more names in here he still uses
so it looks like someone actually talkes to him
lmao
personally i have given up on this forum
its always the same people argueing over the same stupid shitfrom what ive seen there is maybe 1% that want legitamite help
1% intelectuals
and 98% just ignorant idiots that have nothing better to do then post in every thread here just to practice there typing skills weather they have anything useful to say or not

posted by  windman

Defining yourself there pal. If you dont want to be here, a certain oomba called this forum a joke, and was banned. You can join him. Personally I think thisplace is great to get help, give help, and just have a good time. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

you are the oomba
and i dont need to be banned
ive had enough
this forum is a joke
and its idiots like you that make it that way
how could anyone learn anything here when dumbasses like you post to see if you remember how to type?

posted by  windman

Im not oomba. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

I'm beginning to wonder. Maybe you accuse me of being him because you really are him yourself :wink2:

posted by  PontiacFan27

If it gets to that, the mods can check the IP. im not sure its something they would do just to prove you wrong anyway.

posted by  newyorker

You are AN oomba, not THE oomba. Think, type, submit. :banghead: An oomba has become one who contributes nothing to this forum, more or less, and is blatantly ignorant by definition. Go look it up on dictionary.com.

posted by  Pythias

I checked the IP's....and I'm not saying what I've found hehe :thumbs:

Bit like Doctor/Patient confidentiality lol

Oh yeah, and windman...why type if you think it's pointless :screwy:

posted by  Cliffy

Holey Jebus, he's right!! :smoke:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/Definition.jpg

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I know I'm right, but thanks for proving it to everyone :smoke:

posted by  Pythias

No entry found for Oomba.
Good one jackass.

posted by  newyorker

Want to link me to that page?

posted by  newyorker

The address is in the bar is it not.... :laughing: sheesh I know you couldn't have missed THAT. :doh:

posted by  Pythias

wait... do you actually think that it's there on dictionary.com? :screwy:

posted by  pik_d

Thats not the page im getting. I hate photoshop. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

It's MS Paint :laughing:...I could give you the link, but it's advertising :laughing:

JP

posted by  chris_knows

Did you really just ask that? :screwy: lol, it's called dry sarcasm. :PP

posted by  Pythias

at first i figured... but then i started to doubt your sanity :mrgreen:

posted by  pik_d

I googled oomba and found this

http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/product.asp?productid=352938

posted by  PontiacFan27

No life bro..buy those.

posted by  newyorker

Hey you know what im starting to agree with newyorker, My dad bought a 2004 neon srt-4 and it runs 11's with cai, upd turbos, n nos.

posted by  83transam

Just Kidding!

posted by  83transam

Even though youre full of shit, with a little trans work it can. :thumbs: :fu:

posted by  newyorker

Really? What kind of "work?"

posted by  PontiacFan27

New clutch, and short throw shifter.

posted by  newyorker

And flywheel

posted by  99integra

Short throw shifters take maybe .001 second off 1/4 mile times.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Forgot that.
Pontiac....do they really? Because I heard otherwise. Want to actually give some charts for that matter?

posted by  newyorker

if you're going to ask him for proof of his statement, why not give some proof of your own?

posted by  pik_d

Proof of what statement?

posted by  newyorker

"Because I heard otherwise."

posted by  pik_d

Its something I heard from a person. Theoretically they reduce shifts by 1/2 or so, and a shift usually takes a second or so to complete (before the next gear engages, and im counting the clutch as well), so reduving that by even a 1/4 of a second makes 2 seconds within 1st to 5th gear. Is it really .001 now? Do YOU care to prove me otherwise?

posted by  newyorker

How about if show us where a short shift kit will save you two seconds from first to fifth. If you shift slow enough that you can save 1/4 second per shift, you need to just spend the money and get yourself an automatic.

posted by  vwhobo

again... you havn't proven anything... you're just taking hearsay (though it could be correct), applying a very general equation to it, and calling it proof.

if it IS true, i'm sure you could find something to back you up on the internet. go for it...

and besides, he made his statement first, you're attacking it. and no, it doesnt count that you mentioned the short throw shifter first, you never said how much it helps. if you're going to challenge him to do something, it can only be expected that you are willing to do the same. afterall, he could say "well i heard that it doesnt help at all", and he'd be giving the same level of proof as you, therefor neither of you would have disproven the other. :wink2:

posted by  pik_d

So how much DO they take off in reality? Cant be .001 or they wouldnt be worth the money they cost.

posted by  newyorker

That's like asking how much faster you can run a 10k if you buy the newest, most expensive running shoes. It depend on too many factors and is compounded by different machines and different drivers. Sometimes, under certain circumstances, short shift kits may actually slow your shift time down. The only actual guarantee is that the shift throw will be shorter, and even that's not always true. The idea that it makes you shift faster is based soley on the theory that less movement should take less time.

You want to reduce your shift throw by approximately 50% guaranteed for absolutley no cash outlay. Hold your shifter halfway between the knob and the console. Works every time.

posted by  vwhobo

Thats kinda what I was going at. The second idea sounds a BIT uncomfortable. I was in my friends Celica with a short throw shifter (they just cut an inch off of the pole) and I dont know if it was the transmission, or they messed something up, but the gearbox felt chunky. Of course the car wasnt started and was just parked, but it didnt feel like a regular stick. Also the idea that the closer you are to the center the harder it is to move, would mean that more strength is required to move the shifter that shofter distance, and if distance and strength balance out, you basically have no difference between the regular shifter, except for a workout when driving.

posted by  newyorker

in short thriow, dont they also change something in the arm, like were you cant see the pole, sorry dont know what its called. I'm thinking if they do that, it dosent reequire more strength to shift

posted by  ride3k

If you change the length of the pivot arm, you change the force necessary.

posted by  Bino

yea, hmm, it's that mess to do with fulcrums and see-saw's... :banghead:

the further from the fulcrum, the less force needed, i think... so yea, if it's a shorter shift knob, it would need more force to move it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/LeverPrinciple.png

sorce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lever), wikipedia, once again!

posted by  pik_d

You may want to re-think depending on Wikipedia as a reference tool. Although the infomation provided here is correct, they have as recently as a few weeks ago had major problems because all of their info comes from... Well basically anyone who wants to write a definition. For more info;

Clicky once (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,178415,00.html)

Clicky twice (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,178805,00.html)

posted by  vwhobo

It was that easy to put stuff on Wikipedia? That, although wrong, is pretty funny :laughing:

Guess you can't trust everything you see...

posted by  chris_knows

yea, i know about that. but this is also stuff i learned in middle school, i knew it was correct before looking at wikipedia. i just wanted something backing up what i said, as fact without any visable proof is close to worthless in a debate.

but i'm sure you will agree that in this case, wikipedia gave the correct information.

posted by  pik_d

If you read my entire post you'd know I already did.

posted by  vwhobo

sorry 'bout that. apparently you did. :doh:

posted by  pik_d

....What a croc of shit the kid is talking about stock not dumping 3k into the car Your neon aint putting out 150hp stock because a 2.0 daytona was putting out 135hp and the turbo was putting out 190hp STOCk and the 2.2 was putting out 224 turbo and non turbo was only putting out 90hp..buddy the higher hp are TURBOCHARGEd:fu: :cussing: :fu:

posted by  Bough

Why not look up the stats for the Neon's DOHC engine and then not make yourself look like a complete moron?:thumbs: . Here il do it for ya.
"The Neon "Sport" rounds out the offerings and includes the robust 150 horsepower, 2.0-liter, DOHC engine"
http://neon.atsweb.net/ccmedia_99Neon_specs.htm Thats the link you can read my quote in the last paragraph.
Thank me later.
And doing this on your first post, is a LITTLE stupid.
Also the higher horesepower cars arent always turbocharged. The old Diablo's, Ferrari's, and such. Not all were turbo, but they were still high in numbers.

posted by  newyorker

You're a certifired Retard.

posted by  Pythias

Wow. Either ur on my side, or he just doenst know what hes talking about. How was my proof this time? Good I hope.

posted by  newyorker

Lol he doesn't know what he's talking about is all.

posted by  Pythias

Thanks. Maybe hes just underestimating the Neon like most.

posted by  newyorker

its not possible to underestimate a stock neon, no go away again, it was better without you

posted by  ride3k

Actually it is because today I beat my friends stock 99 integra LS coupe. Automatic.

posted by  newyorker

-------------Neon----Integra

Engine size-- 2.0L-----1.8L
HorsePower-- 150 hp--140 hp
Weight ----- 2507 lbs--2643 lbs

So lets see what's there to brag about again?:2cents:
(not here to start shit but if your gonna say something like that then at least make it impressive your car just outperformed an LS which shouldn't be a surprise considering a cavalier could beat it...possibly even my car or not)

posted by  95civicdima

Bragg about? Nothing. Although anyone with half a mind would have realized that from the already vague description of the Integra.

posted by  Pythias

i figured i'd throw some facts out there because i actually knew that car very well and thought it wasn't a fair match up. The LS isn't gonna be fast stock either way looked at. Maybe faster then the standard Soccer moms car but nothing impressive of a race. Good looking car but i think that's all the wanted from it. I drove the GS-R and i was talking to the chick and she told me that it was the only one that was actually any good out of the bunch because it was for performance and the others really didn't do much w/o a good 1200 put into its performance (shes really hot too i mean..anyways she sat next to me in one of my classes and wanted to hang out so we got together with a group and i asked to drive her car while a friend drove mine). I drove/talked about this car on friday so it was fresh in my head. Don't want to make a big deal out of this or anything just wanted to get some numbers out there. :thumbs:

posted by  95civicdima

A. It's time we all understand what we're dealing with here. You're talking about racing 2 weak, automatic cars. Neither are made for "racing platforms" (not saying it can't be made into a race car, just would take quite some cash). If I can beat your car with mine, that doesn't make it fast. In the end of the day, they're both slow.

B. This "beating" isn't exactly racing. Racing is more like on a sanctioned track at either a 1/4 mile strip or some course or other. What we consider to be "street racing" is just a bad imitation of a bad movie (fast and the furious).

PS: 95civic...hot girl? What happened to Natalie?:wink2:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

She's on the phone with me bud and it doesn't mean if I’m dating a girl that every other girl on the planet automatically just became ugly. I still would take Natalie over anyone on this planet (not even ****ing dare call me gay this has nothing to do with men). Also to your a,b statements obviously you are saying yours is faster so you had to race. Aren't we being a little hypocritical?

posted by  95civicdima

Just kidding about the Natalie statement.

You missed my point on the other 2 statements. Firstly, they were aimed at Alex. Secondly, I'm not saying my car is faster. I'm just saying that beating a car that is EVEN weaker than yours, does not make your car powerful. That's like taking a bicycle, racing a tricycle, winning and saying that the bicycle is fast.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

LOL! i know i know and yes i know. I just love your analogies dude that's some good shit. That was funny when i drove by today your mom was in the car with yana and her mom. I saw someone waving at me and assumed it was your mom. When i pulled up when you were there it turned out to be yana damn dude did i feel a tad dumb because i think it was here waving. Anyways it's all good this conversation is getting kind of lame. Alex saying his car is fast. Everyone saying it isn't. Alex makes some shit up. Everyone laughs at him for doing so. He gets all defensive. This is getting a little TO predictable.

posted by  95civicdima

Well everyone told me before that Integras were faster than my car. You got me beat because you have a .4 liter and 30 torque advantage. Also, from what I remember, the integra has a higher redline. And you talk about street racing. Then why did we used to go to sandmeyer to race? Its not a track, but just a long empty industrial road.

posted by  newyorker

Hes got you beat because of that? Have you forgotten in your short time away that hp and torque aren't all that matters? You simply aren't putting up all the facts. I even showed you the comparisons of his car and yours and posted it on here somewhere. Whats the weight difference? Whats that? You don't want to mention that hes got around 500-600 pounds on you? Oh I see I see, lets just give some information and not all of it. Excuses Excuses. He has 30 more torque but that much more weight? Do the math Alex.:thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

OK so it should be on par, but maybe because my engine is inda abused it isnt. I should still be closer to beating him tho.

posted by  newyorker

i may have missed if you directly said it, but did nissan_altima and newyorker race at some point in time? and if so, who won, and what kind of race?

posted by  pik_d

We did a race before. He got ahead till about 40-45 by a carlength and then it stayed that way till 60 or so when he let off.
P.S. He had another person in the car so that should be slowing him down.

posted by  newyorker

We don't...We've been there once or twice just for some fun. It's not even a 1/4 mile, especially not a sanctioned track. And even if we do race there, that doesn't make it right...

posted by  Nissan_Altima

No...we both floored it off the light and 10 seconds later I let go of the gas...not really a race.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

that's just talking nonsense... this is becoming too predictable:banghead:

posted by  95civicdima

so apparently your car is noticably faster then his? even with the worse power:weight ratio? interesting... i'm somewhat interested as to why... (i'd guess better power curve, even if it doesnt peak any higher, or gear ratios...)

posted by  pik_d

And how many miles is on your engine 65k? How many is on his? I'm interested to know.

posted by  Pythias

I'm almost positive this thread needs to die now...

posted by  PontiacFan27

HERE HERE!

this probably isnt helping but i say we get rid of neon boy again

posted by  ride3k

Ok so I was ignorant on that mind you, you're still going to have to get it up to the 6500rpm in a good amount of time to get that 150 hp, it will take time for the car to reach 6500rpms, and dont worry about what I post my first time out I could post **** you if I wanted to! :fu: :thumbs: :sleep: and good luck with blowing out your head gasket too.

posted by  Bough

Not really, I'd guess about the same. Maybe I floored it a bit earlier, maybe there really is some advanced way of explaining it that I just don't know. It doesn't really matter since the car I drive isn't exactly made for "racing" and if it would be, it probably wouldn't be raced on the street by me.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Unfortunetely, a lot more. About 116K now. On the bright side, about 70K of that is highway mileage (ROUGH estimate) and it is pretty much babied as far as maintence is concerned.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

i mean... i supposed you could type it out, but you'd be breaking two rules:

so no, not really. that and there's the filter... unless you want to send 4 *'s to him in disrespect... :laughing:

neither his his... so i dont see how that fact matters in this case. but all in all, it doesnt matter, i was just curious.

posted by  pik_d

And other cars just start at 6500RPM? Whats your point. Every car has to get to that RPM, some get the peak HP at a lower, some higher, some engines rev faster, some rev slower but have more torque. Youre doing nothing but setting aside a dunce hat for yourself. I think I will pass on the Fuking. Thanks:thumbs:
Thumbs up thought, you actually knew what my peak RPM was...or googled it.

posted by  newyorker

Power Band my young one, Power Band. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

aye, dont try and teach him, he shall never learn, the curse of retardation

posted by  ride3k

i'm pretty sure what you just said helped even less... :thumbs:

posted by  pik_d

Do you ever shut up?

posted by  newyorker

Will you ever let this thread die?

posted by  Benson

i shall as soon as you leave or start making sense

posted by  ride3k

Read my long ass reply to moron. I think THAT makes sense.

posted by  newyorker

well, w/e your talking about mihgt, but that shure as hell doesnt "long ass reply o moron" i didnt know we had a user named moron, nor that he posted in this thread, so that were you lose me

posted by  ride3k

I was talking about bough. He made the very first post on page 20.

posted by  newyorker

i see, but still, you negelect the fact that you dont even think about power band, i bet a f1 car gets up to 6500RPM than your neon, same way my car gets there faster to, all cars spin at diff speeds, that is how we get different hp buddy, if every car took the same ime to get to 6500RPM, there would be no fun in drag racing cuz the cars would go the same speed...

again, you dont make sense

posted by  ride3k

yea... because all cars have the same power output at 6500rpm and every point up to that... :screwy:

posted by  pik_d

eh, thats not what i meant, but yes, ur right

i meant more along the lines that every engine will rev differently, and that is what makes the differences in tq and hp, or one of the things that makes a difference, so saying it takes the same time to egt to 6500RPM in every car is pretty ignorant, my main point really

posted by  ride3k

I didnt say it takes the same time. I said it still takes a car time to get to 6500RPM.

posted by  newyorker

Let..this...thread...die...please :banghead:

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message