ignition module

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  ignition module

where is the ignition module on a 1992 skylark and where can i get a cheap one?

posted by  jerry1967

Does this 1992 Skylark have any size engine in particular or are we just supposed to guess? :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

i believe it is a 3200

posted by  jerry1967

its either a 2.3 or 3.3l
2.3 uses a idi module (integrated direct ignition)
its on rocker cover
3.3 uses a computer controled ignition coil (on top right front of engine)

posted by  windman

do you have pictures of them?

posted by  jerry1967

which engine do you have?

posted by  windman

its not hard to tell
2.3= 4 cyl
3.3 = 6 cyl :banghead:

posted by  windman

lol ok i have a 3.3 but i don't know what i am looking for. i need a picture or a decription. is it hard to change?

posted by  jerry1967

i doubt its hard
this is the best i can do for a picture
ive never changed one but i cant see it being dufficult

posted by  windman

2nd try

posted by  windman

cant seem to upload the pic sorry

posted by  windman

thanks for your time.

posted by  jerry1967

F*cking moron. Can you read a book or at least follow pictures. Then go get this. :banghead:

http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images/img/han/38025.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

lmao@hobo

posted by  windman

When you've tried to help as many of these idiots as I have, you'll get the same attitude. They come here and want to be spoon fed instead of putting forth just the tiniest amount of effort on their own.

posted by  vwhobo

oh i understand trust me i know all about it
i do it everyday live not online
people are idiots

posted by  windman

I find it much easier to deal with it in person if for no other reason than you can get immediate feedback to your questions instead of retyping them over and over. Staring at a monitor is very one dimensional. On the other hand, if a person is enough of an idiot in person I can simply kick them out. Reserving the right to refuse service is a wonderful thing and I have more enough good customers that I can do entirely without the time wasters. What most of these dummies will never realize is that they need to take responsibility for conveying useful information to us so we can help them.

The more I deal with people, the more I like my dogs. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

hey dick head i do not know anything about cars that is why i am coming to you. what a fuc= head.

posted by  jerry1967

sure is a nice forum you have here. i think i will tell all my friends.

posted by  jerry1967

easy now jerry im sure you can understand it gets frustrating at times

posted by  windman

It hurts to have somebody do your thinking for you, doesn't it. If your friends are as ignorant as you are, I'm sure them not joining will be a real loss.

posted by  vwhobo

Just recieved this PM;

I'll tell you what's wrong with me Jerry. Morons like you. Have a nice day.

posted by  vwhobo

what a fuc+ head

posted by  jerry1967

isn't this a forum where i ask questions if i do not know? I wish everybody was as smart as you dick head. you **** head. mother ****er where you at dick head? i see you are rude to everybody. darn i thought it was just me.

posted by  jerry1967

im outta this one

posted by  windman

Ok seriously I could imagine you crying and sputtering out the words that you said, cause judging by the last sentance, you seem to have gotten very frustrated, turn that frown upside down ya dick :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

i would like to thank you for your time.

posted by  jerry1967

sentance what the **** is this?

posted by  jerry1967

Umm, refrase that

posted by  99integra

your welcome :thumbs:

posted by  windman

you should recieve your bill in the mail within 7-10 days :laughing:

posted by  windman

Hey Jerry. I know you're probably a spoiled rotten little punk, or somebody who considers himself lucky to have a career at Wal-Mart, but here's the bottom line. You're the one who started out with a half-assed question, and I tried to help. Then I really did help by directing you to a manual for your car. it's not my fault if you're too stupid or to lazy to figure it out on your own.

Here, I'll give you a little more help, but first answer this question. Why do you think you need a new ignition module? Bet you don't even know.

The cheapest place to get a new module is Autozone for $82. You might be able to get a used one locally for $70, not worth the savings. You owe me an answer.

posted by  vwhobo

fuc= head i don't owe you anything. i come here and ask a question and i get called a name. what kind of forum is this fuc= head? if you think i am a young punk that works at wal-mart THINK AGAIN.

what is wrong with you? THIS IS A FORUM WHERE YOU ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT CARS. IF I KNEW HOW AND WHERE TO FIX MY CAR I WOULD HAVE.

posted by  jerry1967

To Those That Helped Me I Thank You Very Much.

posted by  jerry1967

Bro its fine. He gets like that sometimes. Anyway, as far as the ignition, I would get a haynes manual. They are only $15 but can save you a lot if you DIY. Its the best thing that happened to my car so far. I have access to online car manuals at school so just post the exact year and make and engine of your car and I will post diagrams of whatever I find for ya. Take care :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

thank you, but i got it fixed.

posted by  jerry1967

No problem.

posted by  newyorker

jerry, dont wory about hobo, hes a dick and thinks that if you dont know about cars, you shoudl burn in hell for being a "moron"

posted by  ride3k

No, I just think that people should burn in hell for being a moron like you just proved you are once again with your assinine statement. People who know little or nothing about cars, can ask a question and accept help when offered get along just fine with me. People like you who do nothing to help but come along and call names are the real dicks on any forum.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message