Is THIS my Chevettes top speed

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Is THIS my Chevettes top speed

Edit!

posted by  kolenich

I think the top speed is somewhere around 80 mph...The best way to keep her from overheating would have to be a new radiator I believe :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

That.... or maybe, just MAYBE not having the pedal to the floor for over half an hour. Just a suggestion though, not sure if it would do anything. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

Dude just slap a couple Type R stickers on that baby and it'll do atleast 130 mph and fix your overheating problem.

posted by  x1/9-rally

damn is this the slowest car produced? I knew this car was slow but damn

posted by  salimander13

edit!

posted by  kolenich

If it's been driven by an old lady it probably just needs running in, if ya know what I mean lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well you could always get a job and buy a better car. I would rather have a Yugo than a Chevette. Atleast with the Yugo you can stick a 1500cc motor out of a Fiat X1/9 in it and it'll get out of its own way.

posted by  x1/9-rally

A 1980 Chevette should be able to do 90 mph top speed. Don't know what to tell you though.

posted by  moostang104314

well, you could put a LS1 in a 'vette (che-vette) if you really wanted to, and it would MUCH cooler IMHO....

posted by  dodger65

I knew a guy that jammed a 327 SBC in one, lol he couldn't keep tires on it long enough to get down the street.

posted by  x1/9-rally

true that :clap:

posted by  magot

Funny to hear about the Chevy Chevette again.. I'd almost forgotten about them.
My first car in high school was a Chevette. Poor thing of course had no power steering (driving it on a dirt road was like wrestling with Butterbean) and once I got a couple of buddies in it, the car couldn't get up the most gradual slope, but I have a lot of fond memories in that car.
Sorry, just my 2 cents.

posted by  SteelSpirit

Your Message