1993 taurus heater

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1993 taurus heater

hi i got a 93 taurus wagon,the heater core needs replaced,has anyone got a link or the scematics to show how to replace it.
thanks

posted by  redneckfromnb

Yeah, it's called a repair manual. You should never touch your car without it.

http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images/img/han/36074.jpg

If you've never replaced a heater core in a Taurus (obviously), or you don't spend a lot of time working on cars, this might be a job you'll want to pass on. You are supposed to remove the entire dash assembly, although if you know how you can get by with only partially removing it and pulling it back. Flat rate time on the job for an experienced tech is about six hours. I've done enough that I can get it done in about 3.5 hours, and one time managed to replace three in nine hours including lunch. Your results may vary.

Make sure you do a good bleed on the cooling system before driving the car. I've seen a few guys do a quick bleed and end up blowing a head gasket because they left air in the system.

posted by  vwhobo

You just can't seem to get along with anybody, huh?

posted by  SteelSpirit

Hmmm. This is very interesting, but not the least bit surprising. So let me get this straight. You said this;and this;about me in another thread. When I "went behind your back" you felt justified in insulting not only me but also my family. Now for some reason it's okay for you to do it, but not me. Of course I'm man enough to only go after you and leave your loved ones out of it, so... How about you explain why you can slander me in another post, but I'm a piece of shit if I do it to you. Maybe it's a double standard. Maybe I'm missing something. Or maybe you're just another ass clown who joined this forum just looking for trouble. And a hypocrite to boot.

You've shown your true colors Twinkie, starting with the big yellow stripe down your back. I'll be waiting for you to respond with your superior intellect.

P.S. Nice how you edited the quote to make it look like I didn't try to help the guy. Do you work for the DNC?

posted by  vwhobo

Good job helping out, jackass. So to get any of your superior knowledge, we have to listen to some of your bullshit condescension first? You're kinda like that guy on SNL, Nick Burns the Company Computer Guy.
And by the way, I slandered you in another thread while you were there (unlesss you had already put your tail between your legs and ran at that point), and only after you you blew up like a little kid at everyone else on the forum who didn't agree with you. Who threw the first punch, wack-job? Who started on the intelligence insults first, asshole? Again, glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind. Don't try to turn things around.
And where do you get Twinkie from?
IAnd as to your last snide remark: I'd respond with my superior intellect but you probably wouldn't be able to follow me.

posted by  SteelSpirit

Okay, Twinkie. Deflect the facts with your special brand of bullshit. You are a hypocrite pure and simple. You have no justification or answers because there is no justification or answers. You are a loser of the highest order, another traveling e-tard. I haven't seen much of your superior intellect yet, you must save that for the Romper Room forum. By the way, who is it that is the continuing name caller and the one making false insinuations? Why that'd be you. Go crawl back under your rock, dickless.

posted by  vwhobo

Okay, hold on a minute, champ.
You seem to have selective memory and a delusional world view. Who started this whole fight in the first place? I made the simple mistake of resurrecting an old thread-- so sue me, I already admitted that; I am new to this particular forum. You could have just told me: "Sorry, newbie, that topic has already been discussed. Follow this link."
Instead, you chose to be a dick. When you made your original snide little post in my thread I replied by effectively telling you that if you don't like the thread or you don't want to "have to read that topic again", then don't-- you aren't required to participate. My witty return was civilized, logical and straightforward, and obviously more than your insecure personality could handle.
Being the asshole that you are, you responded by cussing me out and throwing very personal insults. It isn't my fault you have all the wits of a jellyfish or that you can't maintain an intelligent argument without swearing at your opponents.
Even FIERO-GUY or whatever the gentleman's name was who I was chatting with commented on your lack of any kind of social grace and laughed at your behavior (but worded in a very civilized manner), and again, being the asshole that you are, you responded to his post by insulting his intellect and cussing at him and at me some more.
So, who is the hypocrite here? I'll give you a hint: he looks at you every day when you shave (well maybe they haven't invented the razor yet in the "redneck hell" you are from).
Don't blame me for beating your ass in verbal-judo when you started the fight. I don't back down from a fight, EVER. When you start a scuffle or escalate the level of force in a fight, don't try and turn things around and develope a persecution complex when someone whoops your ass at your own game. Take some responsibility for your actions and be a man.
Looking at other posts you have made on this forum, you seem to have this tendency to be a condescending prick to anyone who doesn't know everything you know.
I'll be the better man and apologize for bringing your folks into the argument; besides, they're probably not as ****ed up as mine are.
And by the way, my name isn't Twinkie, so keep your kindergarten names to yourself.

posted by  SteelSpirit

Roger that Twinkie. You sure told me, and you displayed your superior intellect very well by not calling me any names. Have you ever heard the words pot, kettle and black? As I tell my new kitten when he manages to shit in the box, you're so smart. Of course the difference between you and him is that his IQ is higher than his neck size. Time to shut off the computer and put on your jammies Twinkie, you seem kind of cranky.

P.S. Appologising for bringing my family into this DOES NOT make you the better man because I didn't do it in the first place. Once again you lose.

P.P.S. Are you going to help the man with his Taurus, or are you going to continue to hijack the thread and be totally worthless to this forum? I bet I know the answer. Twinks like you are so very predictable.

posted by  vwhobo

Sorry, Redneckfromnb, for my ruining your thread and polluting it with trash-talk.
I am done arguing with this VWHOMO joker. With some people, no matter how logical or reasonable you try to be, they will twist your words and try to make you look like the bad guy. That whole argument thing is immature and I refuse to allow it to continue.
Again, sincerest apologies.

posted by  SteelSpirit

Your Message