Stalling Fifth Avenue!! HELP!!!

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Stalling Fifth Avenue!! HELP!!!

I have a 93 Chrysler Fifth Ave and it's been bogging down and stalling.

I started using premium fuel, changed the spark plugs, fuel filter and it stopped for a while.

It has since started agian and now I can' drive for more than a block without it dying.

Disconnecting the MAP sensor made no difference in idling and the fuel pump isn't whining so i'm pretty sure that's not the problem either.

I've ran gas line anti-freeze through the system a few times, as well I ran through a special additive that apparently runs the moisture molecules through the engine and get's rid of them.

Still nothing.

I'm at the end of my F'ing rope with this car. I love her but.. she's harsh.

Any ideas?!?!

posted by  300nyC

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2200

posted by  vwhobo

Sorry. My heads been under my hood for days.

It's a 1993 Chrysler 3.3L, V6.

New spark plugs, wires, fuel filter and air filter.

Freshly changed oil, premium fuel, fuel stabilizer and conditioner.

posted by  300nyC

hey man this might get you some help if you did this part before sking for help

"6. Finally introduce yourself. There is a section here at Car-Forums.com called “Introduce Yourself”. We don’t need your name, age, address, social security number and date of birth although if you want to share those details feel free to do so. It is nice however to know a little bit about the person who we’re trying to help. And honestly if you don’t have the time to type a few sentences about yourself, then we don’t have the time to help you. Remember you came to us looking for our years of knowledge, training and experience."

from: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2200

Just some friendly advice :thumbs:

posted by  Coffin Type R

Sorry again, guys.

My name is Josh. I'm six foot one, I have brown hair, brown eyes and I enjoy long walks on the beach.

You guys are idiots. The only thing worse than having car problems you can't seem to fix by yourself, is appealing for others help and having them patronize you.

This is the equivalent of me phoning my bank when i've lost my credit card and them telling me to call back when i've put on a tie and tucked in my shirt.

Grab a collective life. :clap:

When I realized how much help a car forum could be, I made it a point over the last few years to be a part of as many as I can and to provide as much help as I could. I give straight to the point advice, when i'm able to. And having helped someone out is reward enough.

But when it comes time for me to withdraw some advice from this 'fund' i've been investing in, other parties are more concerned with gay-internet etiquette and harmony in your surreal little online world than HELPING another car enthusiast with ACTUAL-FACTUAL ADVICE.

I hope these guys don't speak for the whole forum.

Regardless, thanks for nothing, guys.

Here's a little something about me:

I own a 93 Chrysler 5th Ave with more stereo than you know what to do with, TWO 4th Gen Celica GT-S's, one rebuilt, one JDM crate engine, both faster than you could handle, a 98 Suzuki Swift with full Lexus interior and Acura Integra b16A engine swap (GSR) and a 2004, flat black Yamaha R1.

All are paid for.

I am 23 years old. I live in Regina, Sask, Canada, the greatest country in the world. I work on oil drilling rigs in Alberta, Canada and own two websites. By the year 2010, I will have a degree in advertising with which I will be making a six figure salary.

But for now, i'm just an enthused, motivated, hard working 23 year old guy, trying to fix his car.

Thanks for the help, jack-asses. :thumbs:

posted by  300nyC

1. I'm sure I speak for every member of this forum that you seem to be very impressed with yourself.

2. You're welcome.

posted by  vwhobo

Heh, Canada the best country in the world, that made me laugh

posted by  99integra

Hey man, it's true. Unfortunately for us, we have loud mouthed neighbors and eventually their problems will become our problems.

As far as car help goes, i hope you understand how pissed off I am right now.

I didn't sleep a wink last night because I love my car. So I tossed and turned all night, hoping somone would be able to help me out. Instead finding out that you guys are more interested in making 'friends' with every one and keeping your forum so pretty instead of acutally helping.

If anyone in this forum CAN ACTUALLY offer some words of advice, please do.

Why don't the rest of you go join a chatroom and use those sweet abbreviations you love so much. LOL. Well, GTG. The rest of you can go F your S's in the A.

Peace.

posted by  300nyC

P.S. Wouldn't quoting the Dalai Lama AND the Bible be contradictory?

posted by  300nyC

I'm pretty sure Vwhobo can answer it, but seriously atleast do that small thing and not leave after you get help and people will be glad to help you.

posted by  99integra

You have my word, my friend.

I just joined this forum out of desperation. I actually had to search a while to find it. I haven't needed serious help for my NY'r before but i've been an upstanding member of CelicaTech.com for a few years.

Now that i'm here, i'm here to stay.

And I tried putting in a words about myself on that one page, but it doesn't load properly. Broken link? I'll keep trying.

posted by  300nyC

I disconnected the negative battery terminal for a good half hour to let the computer reset. I don;t see any reset buttons on it anywhere.

After that, I stareted it a few times, let it sputter and die and tried getting some codes. It threw out a Code 12 (battery recently disconnected) and a Code 55 (end of codes).

If I remember correctly, it spit out a code 12 last night (Automatic Idle Speed (AIS) motor driver circuit shorted or target idle not reached, vacuum leak found)

If that's the case, the AIS looks a bit carbon'd up (however the hell that would happen) but appears to be mechanically sound and there are no vacuum leaks, i've checked... and the target idle is reached when it starts up, but it won't stay idling proper very long.

-weep-

posted by  300nyC

Sorry to say this, but you commited the number one sin of OBD equipped automobile diagnostics. NEVER CLEAR THE DTC'S BEFORE RETREIVING THEM. Not only that, but you're supplying us with verifiably incorrect information. How exactly can code 12 be both "battery recently disconnected" and "Automatic Idle Speed (AIS) motor driver circuit shorted or target idle not reached, vacuum leak found"? It can't. Any time I come across missing or invalid information like this, I have to consider the source along with any other information they provide. As politely as I can say this, when you get your act together, I'm willing to help. Until that time, you can continue to throw parts at the car and cross your fingers.

posted by  vwhobo

The number one sin, far as i'm concerned, would be throwing *ish at my car. Which i'll never do, despite how clever you think that response was.

And instead of sitting on my crossed fingers and spinning, i'll just keep working.

It was a typo.

The code i got last night was 25.

Anyway, when the car dies, the fuel pump continues to run, so i've eliminated that from the equation. Also, it's brand F'n new.

posted by  300nyC

And for the record, being patronizing is never polite.

posted by  300nyC

Neither is bieng a moron, but it doesn't seem to stop you.

posted by  vwhobo

Hahahaha.. oh man.

This is going nowhere.

At least you like heavy metal, if it weren't for that, i'd have no love for you.

So can you help me out? Any ideas? Or are you just gonna keep trying to be the Man for the rest of this thread?

posted by  300nyC

That's too bad, man.

posted by  300nyC

Problem solved.

posted by  300nyC

How??

posted by  chris_knows

By throwing parts at it until it worked. How else?

posted by  vwhobo

I wasn't sure if that's what it was, but I had a strong feeling it would be...I figured it could also be him and some friends pushing it :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

You guys are pretty humorous.

New AIS motor and coilpack.

Go **** yourselves, yankees.

posted by  300nyC

Sorry 'Chius knows'. Didn't see that you're from Ont till after I posted that.

I was in Shwa when all those people got shoot in downtown TO. A good buddy of mine is going to a chiropractitioners shool there too. TO is fun. Lots of money, even more gorgeous women.

Sorry.

And that's the last apology i'm gonna make to vw-homeless-person about my comments. He's been an a**hole since I signed up on here.

lata.

posted by  300nyC

Your Message