Need some help finding some specs on my car....

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Need some help finding some specs on my car....

I need some help finding some specifications on ym car, and I have already been through some pages of yahoo searching. 1988 Mustang GT Convertible. I am looking for the weight, compression ratio, and gas tank size as well as Fuel economy for street and highway. I have a Hayne's manual but not an Owner's manual. Currently trying to find an Owner's but haven't had any luck yet. ANY help will be appreciated thank you.

EDIT; I just looked up all the information for a 91 GT Convertible, it's prolly close to mine, but I am not positive so again if anyone could find specifically 88's information that would be great, thanks.

posted by  Pythias

All that information should be in the first couple pages of your Haynes manual

posted by  OombaIsBack

Ok, It prolly is I'm jsut a retard :mrgreen: I went staright to the index, then the pages it directed me to, let me run out and grab it.

posted by  Pythias

I figured the Hayne's manual would have that, because I have an E-Book Hayne's Databook, with all of that stuff, but nothing on the Mustang lol...Sorry I can't help, but I'll keep looking...

posted by  chris_knows

I am looking through it, but so far have found none of the info I am looking for, it should be in this right? The Hayne's Repair Manual?

posted by  Pythias

For the GT, it would be City-16 MPG, Highway-24 MPG

All I can find right now, I'll keep looking.

posted by  car_crazy89

Thank you very much, I think the compression ratio is 9, but that is all I got for the 91-93 models, and although similar I'm not sure of the differences between years. I am searching as well continually.

posted by  Pythias

Actually I just saw a site that said the compression ratio was 9:1 from 1987-89.

posted by  car_crazy89

Thank you very much, thats why I can't base any info off the 91 and up models I can only get from kbb, thats one more thing I now know thanks man :D

posted by  Pythias

for what hasn't been answered, it's 3329lbs, and the compression ratio is 9.0:1 as previously stated 2x. and it's a 15.4 gallon tank.

posted by  pik_d

Thank you, so far only the tank remained the same, the weight in 91 was heavier and the compression was different. Thanks everyone! :D

posted by  Pythias

for the win (http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=1988&make=Ford&mod el=Mustang&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=0). click on the words in the green bar for the specific info. (weight is in exterior).

just for future reference.

posted by  pik_d

Damn thanks, I have never looked there for car info, ever.

posted by  Pythias

yea, i look there all the time... it's got lots of useful info.

posted by  pik_d

The last year of that style (93) the power dropped like 25 hp, it was horrible :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

Yeah I use MSN Autos all the time, I was going to recommend it. Its always the first place I turn when I'm interested in a car and I want to know the horsepower or options or trim levels etc etc. Its nice that it goes year by year too, not just generations of a certain model.

posted by  Mathew

http://autotrader.com/research/model_info/modelinfo_overview.jsp?yearList=1 988&makeList=Ford&modelList=100001918&vehicle_number=100007995&restype=used &x=50&y=4

That's all the information you need. Autotrader is by far the best i have found. It has great comparrisons and shows things like compression ratio's (by the way it's 9.5). It shows the HP and the technical specs. Hope that helps out bro if you need any help with it you know how to reach me

posted by  95civicdima

Thanks bro, I appreciate. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

Your Message