SRT-4 final thread

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  SRT-4 final thread

OK well some hate it, some like it, some are starting to apretiate it, so what is YOUR opinion on the SRT-4? Will not retaliate here, because this is an opinion thread. Just looking to hear what people think.

posted by  newyorker

Good power for the price, dunno aboutthe reliability, I have my doubts. Fun car if you've got the money though, and ALMOST unbeatable for the price.

posted by  Pythias

Here's what I've read, and some of my opinions:
She's pretty damn nice looking, and has a good bit of power, especially for $20,000, but I've also heard that she has some torque steer/relatively poor handling. I'd personally love to own one :2cents:
And for the record, I did start liking them because newyorker wouldn't shut up about how great they are :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

The appearance just doesn't appeal to me but I do like the performance, but I don't see myself looking into buying one.

posted by  Benson

Yea i heard the stock suspention isnt great. But thats why we got upgrades lol. I know im like a SRT-4 jahovas witness crew all on my own.

posted by  newyorker

i'd trade up +$7000-10,000 or whatever the difference is. :laughing:

some to get a faster car, some to piss off my mustang-crazed suitemate, and some to get what my current car can only pretend to be... :laughing:

posted by  pik_d

Its no my style.
But theres no denying it possibilities.
I wish the stratus had that kind of performance because Imo its a nice looking ride.

posted by  Aondor

I see a lot of them around here, personally I don't find them that bad looking. I saw a modded one take off at a red light (if it wasn't modded then DAMN). I'd like to test drive it to get a feel for it and see its potential.:thumbs:

posted by  salimander13

Really?...Up north (my area lol) I'd be lucky to see one or two a month lol, although lot's of Neons with wings...

posted by  chris_knows

they aren't that bad for the price but Dodge could have done something about the looks. there is one here and its not bad except he's got one of those stupid blow off valves with no other upgrades. all in all, not a bad car, but its still a NEON!!!

posted by  glagon1979

I thought SRT 4's came with factory turbos?

posted by  chris_knows

True its still a NEON..I like to race but I dont have a car that you could race in...But I still try..But i would be happy with a SRT-4 because..there kinda fast from a roll...but then its still a NEON

posted by  IwantaSti

Let's see, 240hp for under 20K, upgraded suspension, looks clean and sleek. I think I'll stop there, cuz I'm sure you can all tell what I think of it...

posted by  dodgerforlife

People that say "still just a neon" are the kind of people that can't see that MOST inexpensive sport coupes and sedans are "just a____" under eth skin, and some of teh fastest race cars started out MUCH slower in stock form. "Still just a____" doesnt' cut it as an insult.

otherwie teh WRX is "still just a hotted up Imprezza) which used to be a boring econobox until Subaryu went rallying with it. The Lancer EVO is "just a" tarted up Mirage econobox, the stock basic versions of which are slow. the Renault R5 Turbo II and Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 were both just modded versions of seriously basic economy cars (and the Renault was never very pretty). Yet they are still legends.

Neons were sold from the factory, since they began, with successful road race versions. That makes the car A-Ok in my book. I dont' intend on owning one, but I can still appreciate it.

posted by  ChrisV

I wouldnt buy one, but I think they are good cars. Especially when power per dollar is taken into consideration.

posted by  OombaIsBack

Personally I'd have to say that yes they are good cars and one of the best bangs for the buck, but I wouldn't own one. Not a huge fan of the Neon looks (although I don't hate it), I prefer older cars (example, 20+ years old) over newer ones, but that's not saying new cars suck.

posted by  car_crazy89

Yeah I agree 100% and I am exactly like that. There is just something about older cars that appeals to me more.

I think its kind of stupid how people bash a car just because they dont like it. I don't like ricey cars, but I'm not going to say they suck just because I dont like them. To me, it is whatever floats your boat.

posted by  Benson

i like the way they look especially with that huge front mount and i like the rims wouldnt mind owning one:thumbs:

posted by  mx3_monster

Pretty much yeah, I like how you put it lol. Also, is that Chevelle in your sig actually yours? Beautiful car, the classics just have a thing about them that draws you in, plus they've been here this long, they will be here awhile longer.

posted by  car_crazy89

yes they do. i was just saying that the kid that has one in my town just has a blow off valve. no down pipe, no cat back, no turbo timer, no aftermarket wheels. its just a stock srt4 with a blow off valve. the kid thinks his car is the baddest car in town.

posted by  glagon1979

amen!! a guy after my own heart. that chevelle is nice. comes in second only to the 1970 monte carlo 454

posted by  glagon1979

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: ...That pretty much sums up my neighbourhood.

posted by  chris_knows

I can only wish it was mine :ohcrap: I'm still saving my pennies so I can eventually afford a classic in decent shape.

posted by  Benson

The SRT-4 is a feared car by many. Dodge plugged a whole ton of power into the Neon and improved the handling substansially and priced it to kill.

I love the fact it's a four door, handles near the top of the sport compact segment and can run 14.0-14.5 1/4 miles. The only things that turn me off is the interior feeling cheap, questionable Daimler/Chrysler reliabilty and the exterior appearance.

posted by  thunderbird1100

anyone else?

posted by  newyorker

personally I do like the srt-4 for the performance. not a big fan of the 4 doors on a "sportier" car but thats preference. I like how dodge did the stage kits also. all in all i could see myself owning one but i'm happy with my choice

edit:: i just hate some of the drivers mentalities, not saying all srt-4 owners have big heads but they're starting to take over the honda drivers as the biggest dicks. just my .02$

posted by  CobaltSS

I think mustangs are good cars but it seems like everyone I meet that owns one thinks there the fastest best car thats ever been on the road.

posted by  Aondor

it's not the car that makes the person think their car is the best... it's the person... i'm sure i could find camaro owners, mustang owners, srt4 owners, integra owners, (dare i say civic owners?), that think their type of car is unbeatable... hell, let's throw in M3 owners for good measure. :laughing:

posted by  pik_d

Your Message