dodge neon help again so if the srt-4 engine ois too much what would u guys

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  dodge neon help again so if the srt-4 engine ois too much what would u guys

so if the srt-4 engine ois too much.what kind of engines would u say i should use i dont know much about cars but my friends do. if u know anything about the neon please help thank you

posted by  bgdaddy42069

I know ALMOST everything about the Neon. Build on the SOHC engine you have. Start with an Iceman intake system (get the one with the new tray), and then go for port and polish on the head and the intake mantifold (if yours is made of plastic, dont worry about it its fine, but the metal ones were really bad). From there you can replace the underdrive pulley and if your car is MTX get a Mopar or AF/X Performance computer. For quicker starts and a more crisp feel go with polyurethane hard engine mount inserts. From there you can go for a Garret or Chillfactory Turbo kit and then get a 3" exhaust. I would personally not mess with exhaust untill you start putting down bigger numbers (190hp and up get the 3 inch). All of these items can be found at
www.modernperformance.com
If you have any questions let me know.

posted by  newyorker

You f*cking twink. You don't even know how to replace your own sparkplugs and wireset, yet you claim to "know ALMOST everything about the Neon". The only thing you know about the Neon is what you've read online. Back in your hole, dumbass.

posted by  vwhobo

Exactly why I did it myself correct? And why I read almost the whole haynes manual correct? And the fact that you know NOTHING about the topic, but post here just to get your name out is also correct right? Yea it is....

posted by  newyorker

Hate to say this...but you sure did just dig yourself a hole there, newyorker lol :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

And how did I do that?:banghead: :screwy:

posted by  newyorker

Once again you've proven yourself an ass by assuming and incapable of logical thought. You are the one who consistently feels the need to not only add your worthless two cents to every post, but then get your panties in a wad when your bullsh*t is identified. If I ever want someone to explain the intricacies of decal application or fart cannon adjustment, I'll make sure to look you up. If I want to know something important or technical, I’ll avoid you like the plague.

BTW Mr Neon god, why do you think you need a 3" exhaust to support 190 hp, because you don't? The difference between people like you and me (actually there are several) is that I have training and experience. All you have is the word of people trying to sell dummies like you parts.

posted by  vwhobo

On the contrary. There is no bullshit here. I an on Neon forums (2 of them) and know from people that try the stuff what works and what doesnt. You on the other hand have likely never done any performance modification to a neon. I do not own a coffe can muffler as you can see by my signature picture. Perhaps you just want to sound better and be in the light by trying to degrate others that dont deserve it. My car doesnt push 190 horsepower seeing as its stock, so I have a stock exhaust. I already know your next response....."you bullshitter/nitwit/ or the alltime favorite (twinky)
**** you.

posted by  newyorker

I'm sure we've been through this before....It's DEGRADE lol....as for digging yourself a hole...Well, I was getting at the fact that you claimed to know almost everything about Neons, safe in the knowledge that the hobo would say what he did!

posted by  Cliffy

Moron. I was performing performance mods on Neons before you where out of diapers. Of course, since that is only in the last few months that's not saying much. My personal experience with hot rodding Neons goes back to building a combination bracket racing/autocross car in 1995, one of the first Neons in New Mexico as a matter of fact. I didn't read somebody's catalog and write checks for performance, I figured it out for myself and built/modified the parts as required.

Once again you have proven that the more you type, the stupider you look.

posted by  vwhobo

Well there is no reason to discredit my theory. All of the mods that I listed should get him to 180 horsepower or so (considering he has the SOHC). Learn to give credit when its due.

posted by  newyorker

Thats why I said almost...not everything.

posted by  newyorker

Just the way ya said it made it sound (probably) worse than it was! :clap:

posted by  Cliffy

I am giving credit where credit is due. You are the all time jackass village idiot of Car-Forums.com. You should have your own section to type every stupid thing you have to say, just to get it all out in the open in one place for everybody to read. My only concern is it would be so big as to overwhelm the software and exceed the available bandwidth causing the forum to shut down forever.

Why don't you do us all a favor and leave the forum again... For good this time?

posted by  vwhobo

I had to get into this conversation. It is quite amusing so far.

So in other words... you know about 1/100 about the neon?

posted by  Benson

No...about 75-80%of the neon

posted by  newyorker

He sounded like he knew what he was doing.
But can we actualy answer this poor mans question. about his neon instead of flaming one another.
I know hes a dumb ass hobo but you should share info with the person asking the question not tell newyorker hes an idiot thats just restating common knowledge.
Not meaning to disrepect to you when I say that either.

I would shove a 302 in your neon. Just kidding.

posted by  Aondor

How can you call somebody an idiot without direspecting them? lol

posted by  Cliffy

I meant I wasn't disrepecting hobo by saying he gets to easily involved with newyorker

posted by  Aondor

I gave my advice. Whether he takes it or not is on him.

posted by  newyorker

I see....it was a loooong night lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I base my answers, or lack of them, on my gut feeling about the person asking them. My gut feeling is that this individual has no real interest in doing any kind of mod to a Neon, so why should I spend the time giving a detailed explanation? Besides, generally pointless threads like this always have plenty of participation while threads where someone can actually learn something, like your rear gear thread, are where I prefer to spend my energy. Unfortunately those types of threads seem to have a very short life span because to learn requires effort on the readers part. Too many people on this forum just want to blather instead of contribute. That statement just brought us full circle to newyorker.

posted by  vwhobo

ok so going on to the subject. im sorry but did the original poster in this thread say that the SRT-4 engine was too much price-wise or power-wise?

posted by  Inygknok

Price I believe

posted by  newyorker

:sleep:

i think the reason for this thread has lost sight...:2cents:

I dunno much about neon's but the girls at my school have them so i could maybe hook you up with a few emails to ask them.

posted by  95civicdima

Why don't you let the person clarify the question for himself? How the hell would you profess to know that's what he means? The guy has only made two posts on this forum. This one;

And this one;

Generally speaking, you don't even have the brain power to know what you're talking about. What makes you think you have the ability to think for someone else?

posted by  vwhobo

Newyorker = :tomato:

posted by  95civicdima

I dont think the girls in your school mod their neons. I am not the best source for this info, but I will PM him with some sites.

posted by  newyorker

Before we were talking about the pricing on the motor, and he left off there and said here that its too much. So im 90% sure he was talking about the price. Common sense. :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Neon-SRT-4-05-NEON-SRT-4-GREAT-FOR-PRO JECT-OR-BUILD-A-SLEEPER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6204QQitemZ4614040086QQr dZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
this is decent. Sad to see the car, but for like under 5k (im guessing itl end at that), you can get the motor, seats, a pair or wheels, and sell the rest for parts.

posted by  newyorker

Actually, you get 3 wheels and a spare :laughing::

http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/47/bb/73_12.JPG

That really sucks though, she didn't even get to see 3,500 miles :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

http://i12.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/47/89/87_12.JPG

A perfect example of why kiddies shouldn't have a fast car.:clap:

posted by  vwhobo

That's better :thumbs:

posted by  jedimario

:smoke:

posted by  95civicdima

I hope it goes for less than that.:wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

You just love seeing Alex in pain don't you? :laughing:

BTW check your damn inbox lol

posted by  chris_knows

Well I think people kids who get bought a car tend to wreck them.
Kids who worked for the money to buy the car or put a ton of work into their vehicle making it fast aren't very likely to wreck because they have pride in their car.

posted by  Aondor

hobo the big spender, good luck:thumbs:

posted by  adamc44

Is that car even able to be restored? It was rolled over I believe. Its a great example of why experience is needed first before driving a beast like that.

posted by  newyorker

I know that beastrunssomething like 14's right?

posted by  Pythias

put a v6 motor in your car

posted by  AutoPro

I can already picture it, 16 year old, first car his parents bought for him... Was going 120mph on the free-way "having fun" in traffic, had to avoid something, BOOM loses control, starts rolling over, lands in a ditch. Somehow the kid walks away pretty unscathed, he tells his parents "someone ran me off the road" and he gets an STI.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Surprisingly, that might be true.

posted by  newyorker

neons are cars for girls girly cars

posted by  AutoPro

Your Message