Dodge SCION aka HORNET

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Dodge SCION aka HORNET

Lol..

http://www.dodge-hornet.com/dodge_hornet_3.jpg

stolen from http://www.dodge-hornet.com whch has the official press release

not bad not bad... not sure if its my cup of tea unless an SRT version arrives..

posted by  darkus

Pretty nice, and supercharged so that can't be bad...

I'd like to own it, seems kind of appealling to me...Actually, I like the looks of her :smoke:

posted by  chris_knows

what did dodge dooo, steal an xA and mod it? lol, but, it is actually kind of appeasing to the eye, but the inside is a lil harsh

posted by  ride3k

I don't like how everyone goes for that contemporary look. What's wrong with a comfortable, inviting interior?

posted by  Scolson

You're right, they look almost EXACTLY the same.:banghead:

http://joemyersscion.com/images/Gallery/Will%20T%20xA2_01.jpg http://www.dodge-hornet.com/dodge_hornet_title.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

The driver/front passenger's seats look pretty big, although the seats look hard, but the back seat does look a bit small...

But then again, it's meant to be entry level...

BTW It looks more like a Calibre to me :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

ew ew ew ew eew

posted by  jedimario

I love it!
I gotta have it

posted by  TheFieroKid

agree agree agree

posted by  Coffin Type R

DAMN. I think that is extremely cool!!! :thumbs:

I agree with the similarities to the scion, but for some reason I have always hated those, but I love the way this new concept looks. I'd probably drive one, but if and by when it comes out, and with only 170hp and 3100lbs...its not that fast. But as an entry level car, very cool, much better then a plain civic or corrolla or some kia.

posted by  Vlad

How in the hell did Dodge get that cube so damn heavy.

xA 2340 lbs. 22.7 lbs./hp
Ho 3100 lbs. 18.2 lbs./hp

Just because it is American, doesn't mean it HAS to be weigh 40% more than it's competitors. Maybe it has a box frame and can tow 5000 lbs. lol.

posted by  VG30DE

The first time I saw that, I seriously thought Scion had built it. Had crossed the xA size with the xB shape.

I dont like it, reminds me way too much of the x'X' Scion line.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Does that thing SERIOUSLY weigh over 3100lbs? WTF, how in the hell did they manage that?

I thought this was SUPPOSED to be Dodge's entry in the sub-compact/compact market b/c the Caliber is going upsize (Crossover).

How much does the Caliber weigh again?

Maybe it's made of wood :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

actually hobo i'm pretty sure those are the same exact picture i dont know what you are talking about? :screwy:

:mrgreen: i'd buy it. look's pretty snazzy. medkit in the drivers door! how crazy is that? and suicide doors! <3 to bad it weighs that much... that's just crazy

posted by  pik_d

Seems I just checked and the base Caliber comes in at 2966lbs with the 1.8...

wow 142hp motivating that? good luck.

Top of the line R/T AWD (not SRT) with the 172hp 2.4 weighs a bit over 3300lbs. Ouch, so much for this being a compact, definatley a crossover.

I hate that car. Its too small and ugly. We are americans!!! Every other country is supposed to look at us in disgust b/c of our oversized cars. :thumbs:

And as an added point. Why is Dodge trying to make an SRT version of almost all the cars they and the companies they own make?

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

REALLY!!! I know, it seems Dodge is going through a "hot rod" genre with thier lineup.

I'm just waiting fora SRT-8 Dakota and a SRT-8 Durango...

Next thing you know we'll see an SRT-6 Grand Caravan.:laughing:

You mean like this?

http://www.dodge.com/gallery/img/dakota/enlarge_17.jpg

The Dakota SRT-8 will be only available in a Club Cab model, have no idea if a Quad Cab SRT-8 model will debut after the introduction of the Club Cab model. The Dodge Dakota SRT-8 will feature the 6.1L HEMI V-8 featuring 425 horsepower and 420 ft-lbs of torque, streight from the Charger, 300C, and Magnum SRT-8 models. The new truck will feature 20" production rims, street tuned and lowered suspension, and I am hearing a 5-speed automatic transmission. No word of a six-speed manual yet. Expect the 4.56 rear end, tucked under Dakota SRT-8's bed from big brother Ram SRT-10. Word also has the truck having details as a factory tonneau cover and a small version of the Ram SRT-10's bed spoiler. Expect aggressive body styling from a SRT body kit. Functional ram air induction hood, as well as two racing bucket seats wrapped in leather. SRT engineers are working hard at getting this vehicle out, since the Dakota's fans have been absent w/ a performance package since 2003, w/ the Dodge Dakota 5.9L R/T.

EDIT: I should have said that this is a cut and paste.

Why is it such a surprise that Mopar would have a line of high performance vehicles? After all, it was Chrysler Corporation that built the hottest street machines of the '50's, '60's and early '70's.

posted by  vwhobo

hm, one thing i dont understand is this:

if it's at the same rpm, as it is, shouldn't the numbers be in relation to each other as dictated by the hp = torque * rpm / 5252?

and without even going through the calculations, it's below that magical 5252 point, so shouldn't the torque figure be HIGHER then the hp figure at 4000rpm's? :screwy:

yes, i realize it says SAE for the hp, and not for the torque, but would that make the numbers this disjointed?

posted by  pik_d

It's not suprising at all, that's why I said I'm just waiting for an SRT-8 Dakota (which apparently they are coming out with) an SRT-8 Durango and SRT-6 Grand Caravan. Heck with that new 300hp/260tq 2.4T they might even do a Caravan turbo (like they did in yesteryears) and make an SRT-4 Caravan!

Next thing you know we'll even see a SRT-6 Sprinter!

The only vehicle I am 100% sure wont get the SRT treatment is the Stratus. Aren't they going to redesign it coming up? Or axing it?

Also, why are they dropping the 6.1L in the Dakota and not just the 5.7L Hemi? Would seem like a logical next step up because the Dakota isnt offered with a 5.7L Hemi.

Guys.....

Estimated 0-60 (0-97 km/h) 6.7 seconds
Top speed 130 mph (209 km/h)
Engine type 1.6 liters 16V, OHC, turbocharged
Power 170 hp @ 4000

The engine IS turbocharged...apparently it can move that bastard pretty good...

And apparently all of them will have an SRT counterpart soon enough...

posted by  dodgerforlife

uh... ok? i know i didnt say it wasn't turbo'd... did i miss someone saying that though?

posted by  pik_d

very true.

posted by  VG30DE

They are also srt-ing the jeeps too.

srt-ing the grand caravan would be such a waste. With how all women drive with minivans i wouldn't want them with that power.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

If Daimler/Chrysler gave a rats ass about thier minivans they would redesign them, they are SO LONG overdue it's just plain weird why they even sell 1 a year (oh yeah, you can get a loaded out $38k msrp Town and Country for $25k, that's why!).

Not too long back (well okay, about 15+ years) they had the 2.5 turbo Caravan. Pretty cool sleeper to build up on.

I read somewhere that the new srt4 caliber has a tiny bit more than 300 hp

99 percent sure. id get a link but my computer sucks and i cant open 2 windows:banghead:

posted by  nighthawk

Just right click on a link somewhere and go down to open link in new window. Repeat as necessary.

posted by  Scolson

or get firefox? :laughing:

posted by  pik_d

actually it was the dodge site. www.dodge.com

posted by  nighthawk

Your Message