Custom CAI

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Custom CAI

If I were to piece together a custom CAI for my comet would it be just a waste of time or would I actualy get performance gain. No I don't want to buy a prefabbed one I want t actualy create something myself.
I mean CAI made newyorkers neon super fast so it should do the same for my car.

posted by  Aondor

Huh? There is no CAI on my car buddy. You can make it, but it has to be mandrel bent for the best gain. Just buy one

posted by  newyorker

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

Oh I thought you had an iceman CAI I remember you even bringing it up in posts several times. Sorry

posted by  Aondor

I just need mandrel bent steep piping and some clamps and ceramic paint. And the airfilter

posted by  Aondor

You get what you pay for.

posted by  Pythias

Not even that. Youll need the piping bent so it perfectly accomodates the engine bay, and doesnt rub against anything, youll need to relocate the MAF (if you have one), and youll need to make sure that the filter fits. Getting the piping custom bent might run you quite some money. Just get a premade one. It might cost more, but itl have proven results.

posted by  newyorker

ive herd of people making them out of exhaust tubeing and "No-Hub" adapters from the plumbing section in any hardware store...never tried it myself so i would know how it well it will work, good luck though:laughing:

posted by  Tech_N9ne

The advantage of a '73 is not having to deal with all the new techno crap.

posted by  Aondor

Wow whoring at an all new level. Techno is da shit BTW. I dindt mention music:laughing:

posted by  newyorker

umm, he is refering to his car maybe you think? techno = technological

posted by  ride3k

oops idnt think of that :banghead: :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

give me a big hug

posted by  Aondor

Thats taking it a bit far

posted by  newyorker

No matter what you do/get there will most likely be a gain. But if you buy a prefab one that has gone thought tons of testing you are going to get the most possible gain. And if your jsut looking for the shock and awe of saying that you made it yourself. I get shock and awe at mine when i pop my hood and its AEM. Im surprised on how many comments i get on mine. And trust me...i had to adjust mine a bit..when you accelerate and its not right and it vibrates...it sounds like shit

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

I need to make one because CAI For a 73 aren't readily availbe at auto zone

posted by  Aondor

Who the hell buys performance parts from autozone?

Go to cardomain.com or jsut search on ebaymotors :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Your Message