GM engine identification Help!

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  GM engine identification Help!

Hi,
We recently bought an 82 camaro that the motor has been replaced an are having a hard time researching it. If anyone can give me any info on the following casting numbers I would appreciate it so much.

14046546 on the intake manifold

14024263 on top of the block passenger side

GM Ro 461 on front of motor driver's side behind fan

This next number was found behind the distributor 8H86 or 988H(I'm the little woman doing the research for my hubby)

Appreciated much any info or advice on this.

Sincerely,
Teresea

posted by  tmartinos

The numbers you gave us are basically worthless. The block casting number is on the bellhousing flange at the back of the block on the drivers side. That is of course assuming that it's even a Chevy engine, but the numbers you provided would lead me to believe that it probably is.

BTW, why can't your husband do his own research? Seems pretty damn lame to me.:doh:

posted by  vwhobo

Well ok then, Thanks for the help and rude comment. It's lame because I am pecking a keyboard while he works 15 hours a day? I might of wanted to learn something about the car myself. I will let him know the numbers are worthless and we will keep researching and you keep pecking away at the keyboard.

posted by  tmartinos

Talk about rude AND ignorant. Read your post and then think about biting the hand that's trying to feed you. Maybe he spends 15 hours a day at work because he has a bitch for a wife at home.:wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

DAMN....That went a little far Hobo

Teresea, please forgive Hobo for that little comment, if you would, please don't reply to that in a bad manner, but accept our appologies, just keep searching for that casting number and someone will be sure to help :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Wait, I thought that...

:confused:

BTW, you ARE being a little harsh...

posted by  jedimario

I found it pretty funny...uncalled for, but funny :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Hey, f*ck you you little candy assed twink. I tried to help the lady. I even told her where to find the casting number. She's the one who wants to bitch about someone who's trying to help her and make insinuations about me. There is no apology. I said what I meant and meant what I said. Never, EVER pretend to speak for me.

posted by  vwhobo

I found it funny too, but calling her a bitch?

posted by  Cliffy

Are you that stupid? Are people like you only able to fixate on one word and lose the meaning of an entire sentence? What is the first word in that sentence? MAYBE. When exactly did I call her a bitch? If she can make insinuations against my character, she leaves herself open to the same treatment.

Why is it that none of you weenies noticed that I also helped her in my post? Because it won't support your attempt to make yourself look good for some anonymous woman on the internet? Have any of you other losers tried to help her or do you just want to inflate your own egos by crying about what I said? How very pathetic. :roll:

posted by  vwhobo

hobo, I'm going to bed shortely....so I'm really not in the mood for an argument.....In other words I have no time for you and your high horse....'twink'

posted by  Cliffy

Let me translate that for everyone who reads this thread;

Instead of whining, go learn to operate a dictionary and look up the word maybe.

MAYBE: adverb; perhaps, expresses uncertainty

I didn't call her sh*t. I didn't even call her husband sh*t. I said the situation was lame and then was called rude and it was implied that a only "peck away at a keyboard". If anyone here deserves an apology, it's me.

posted by  vwhobo

Grow up, hobo. I never censor anything that doesn't need it, and you know that. Although saying that there's been a few occassions recently that might have needed it.....but that's a whole different topic!

Ok, I was wrong? that what you wanted to hear?.....I may have misread your post and I appologise. Now, are you gonna be man enough to accept it?

posted by  Cliffy

Yep, from you anyway. Have a good evening Cliffy.

posted by  vwhobo

I am kinda in a loop here. Hobo...she gave you the information she knew and found. She isnt car experienced (from waht I can tell) and just doesnt know any better. That doesnt mean you need to come at her and call her a bitch (directly or indirectly for that matter). You know this stuff very well, so why not just tell her where to look instead of getting an attitude.
Theresa.....hobo can be like this sometimes...well a lot actually. Sounds like you got pretty far with this (I personally dont know where to find numbers anywhere on my car), but asking the previous owner or having someone professional actually take a look at it might be the path of choice here.:2cents:

posted by  newyorker

And you are the stupidest and sorriest f*cker of the bunch. Look at the second sentence of my first post in this thread. Really look at it.

Oh, wait a minute. I DID tell her where to look... Before she called me rude and made insinuations against my character. Maybe if you had just a little bit of a clue, or you could read the thread because your head wasn't pushed so far up your ass, you wouldn't be looking quite so stupid right now.

Newyorker, it's time to go home. Your village misses it's idiot.

posted by  vwhobo

Well that I didnt notice and apoligize for my mistake but my other point stands. I respect you for your knowledge, but at the same time I dont because of your approach to helping people. Sometimes you just need to leave the insults aside and actually help. Her husband works 15 hours a day and she found the numbers herself. I find that good to begin with because from what i understand she doenst know much. I know you dont care, but its just a little silly how you have to start a fight almost everywhere you go here.

posted by  newyorker

wow I think I'm the only person who actually read her post and hobos post's and understood it. Why doesn't anyone go off on her for starting the "name calling" and why just because she is a women everyone has to go off would it have been different if it was her husband and hobo called him a bitch geez all I have to say is hobo helped he proved it damn. I'm also not his bitch or w/e, I probably just have more common sense about this since you guys don't get it. Go to college and tell me if hobo's way of teaching someone is "harsh"

posted by  salimander13

He answers but its just harsh. The only reason she started what she did was becuase hobo was very rude in his answer. She didnt start this, but simply explained her reasons for not knowing where to look. Hobo in turn called her a bitch immediately after. This doesnt seem very professional to me. Im going to college next year, and im sure the professors dont namecall their students

posted by  newyorker

they don't name call you, but they use strict teaching methods. If you would noticed that she called him rude when he wasn't actually that rude. He told her that you couldn't use those numbers for anything and where to find it. In my opinion she was being a bitch o you oging to go off on me now?

posted by  salimander13

I have no problem with you. Its the way he said it that was rude.

That one kinda stood out to me as the firestarter.

posted by  newyorker

well thats one of the major problems with typing on a computer. You can't tell the tone of the writer. From what I got out of it was maybe the husband is one of those guys who doesn't do anything for himself and has his wife or someone else doe everythign for him. What did you get out of it?

posted by  salimander13

That he works a lot......

posted by  newyorker

before or after she added on that he works 15 hours a day?

posted by  pik_d

Meh, I don't want to argue about it, still was uncalled for even though she did go off too, but its almost 11pm and I'm going to bed as soon as I check through the new posts, so right now, I don't care...

posted by  99integra

Hi give this a try http://www.mortec.com

posted by  Slimone

What he was saying was that the numbers she gave don't identify the engine at all, and are worthless for what she wanted to find out. The second part said that even though they won't help her out, at least they appear to be Chevy part numbers.

Pretty simple, really.

posted by  ChrisV

I love how when anyone doesnt want to step down to your level of immaturity it makes you right.

posted by  PontiacFan27

not really very good... it's a v6...:ohcrap:

posted by  dodger65

i have a 454 engine with a casting# 361959 and suffix number C7S158000 can someone give the info on this engine

posted by  JBERG

go to www.mortec.com and look up the casting #s. should tell you what year, make, and model it came from. sometimes they put it in more than 1 car so, good luck.

btw, good job on reviving a thread that died almost 3 years ago. might have been better to make a new one.:banghead:

posted by  glagon1979

Your Message