transmission rebuild

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  transmission rebuild

After much debate.
I have finaly decided im going to keep my jeep since I enjoy it so much and do some work on it. The transmission is starting to slip what is the price of your average transmission rebuild? Is there anyway to strengthen my transmission? I have read that the jeep drivetrain doens't take kindy to heavy performance mods but I just plan on new headers and a feul injection kit and then just clean it up make it look semi nice. maybe lower it a little for slightly improved handling.

posted by  Aondor

i dunno about rebuilding a transmission, but i also dunno about lowering a jeep

posted by  nighthawk

BE MORE SPECIFIC!! year, 2 or 4 wheel drive (most are 4). is it a cherokee, wrangler. ect. we cant help if we dont know

posted by  glagon1979

Yeah oh my what an idea I was here. I forgot ot say the important stuff.
97' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0I6. Its 4 wheel drive with select trac.

posted by  Aondor

if im not mistaken, that trans is an electronic trans. electronic trans = expensive. why would you want to lower a 4x4?

posted by  glagon1979

im not realy an off roader type looking for just a slight handling improvement Im not doing any serious lowering

posted by  Aondor

Well if I want to keep the car I have to rebuild the transmission its not a do it or not thing. Its about to give out.

posted by  Aondor

cherokees came with the 4.0 inline 6?

but anyway, you would have to consult repair manual,
even though im not sure it say this stuff

or just wait till someone extremley smart posts:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

What is the point of even posting then? :banghead:

posted by  Benson

to protest his idea to lower a jeep :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

and as usual Im not getting actualy advice im just going to take it to the shop tommorow then I will tell you how much a rebuild costs.

posted by  Aondor

Your Message