Buick Reatta

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Buick Reatta

I know I kinda toss out a fair amount of waht if's around here but as stated before I am desperate need to replace my jeep.

I find buick reattas very apealing cars.
I enjoy the look and lay out.
performance isn't impressive. 0-60 aroudn 8 something quarter is a high 15 or low 16 I think.

Are their reliability problems?
The 3800 series v6 was suppose to be a very impressive engine and I figure there is a large aftermarket support.

I just want some to confirm that I have my fact straight and maybe add something I don't know.

posted by  Aondor

:crickets:

posted by  Aondor

If you google up Reatta you will find a forum or two dedicated to these vehicles.

They were produced from 1988 to 1991.

The 1988 and 1989 models had a touch screen computer in the center of the dash that controlled radio, climate, and other functions. They had problems with these systems and finding replacements will be difficult and costly.

For 1990 and 1991 the computer was replaced with separate modules that were more reliable. I have had trouble with my radio and CD player however.

Mechanically the cars are pretty good. I have had no issues with my 3800. I have had to repair a transmission pan gasket leak however. I have also had an issue with one of my headlight motors.

I really enjoy my vehicle. It is a nice smooth ride and the car draws attention. Performance isn't the greatest but there is the option of dropping in a supercharged 3800 which should pep things up a bit.

Keep in mind though that with such a limited production vehicle that was very specialized, finding parts with not be easy. Cars are worth more parted out than they are whole.

If you decide to get one, post a picture. I would love to see it. If you have any other specific questions, let me know. Here is a picture of mine.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/theman352001/Reatta.jpg

posted by  theman352001

:crickets:

posted by  theman352001

Your Message