1993 Ford Ranger splash with the 2.3 liter I4 and a 5spd, 68k origional
These are some things (over time) that I would like to get for my truck to improve the hp and torque along with cooling and handling a little, I plan on keeping this truck for a while so I figured why the hell not. I did forget to add I will get 2.3" piping and a Flowmaster 40 for the exhaust, can I get some suggestions to improve performance (without an engine swap) and comments on my choices. Thanks ahead of time!
1. http://www.truckperformance.com/products/searchtype_56d/sortorder_ADAAA/pro ductcategory_Shift+Improvement+Kits/category_Clutch+~~+Transmission/sf1_FOR D/sf2_1993/sf3_RANGER/sf4_Vehicle+Specific+Kits/
2. http://www.truckperformance.com/products/searchtype_6d/sortorder_DAAA/produ ctcategory_Electric+Fans/category_Cooling+~~+Fans/sf1_FORD/sf2_1993/sf3_RAN GER/sf4_Vehicle+Specific+Electric+Fans/sf5_2.3l/
3. http://www.truckperformance.com/products/searchtype_6d/sortorder_DAA/produc tcategory_Clutches/category_Clutch+~~+Transmission/sf1_FORD/sf2_1993/sf3_RA NGER/sf4_Vehicle+Specific+Applications/sf5_2.3l/partnumber_CTFCF360014/
4. http://www.truckperformance.com/products/searchtype_6d/sortorder_DAAA/produ ctcategory_Radiators/category_Cooling+~~+Fans/sf1_FORD/sf2_1993/sf3_RANGER/ sf4_Vehicle+Specific+Radiators/sf5_Manual+Transmission/partnumber_BCO65161/
5. http://www.truckperformance.com/products/searchtype_56d/sortorder_ADAAA/pro ductcategory_Lockers~Limited+Slip+Differentials/category_Drivetrain+~~+Axle /sf1_FORD/sf2_1993/sf3_RANGER/sf4_Search+By+Vehicle+Applications/partnumber _AUB542023/
6. http://www.truckperformance.com/products/searchtype_6d/sortorder_DAAA/produ ctcategory_Fuel+Injectors/category_Fuel+System/sf1_FORD/sf2_1993/sf3_RANGER /sf4_Search+By+Vehicle+Application/sf5_2.3l/partnumber_ACL150414/
7. http://www.truckperformance.com/products/searchtype_678d/sortorder_DAAAA/pr oductcategory_Spark+Plug+Wires/category_Ignition/sf1_FORD/sf2_1993/sf3_RANG ER/sf4_Vehicle+Specific+Applications/sf5_2.3l/partnumber_MSD32299/
8. http://www.truckperformance.com/products/category_Suspension+~~+Chassis/pro ductcategory_Anti-Sway+Bars/searchtype_d/sortorder_ADA/sf1_FORD/sf2_1993/sf 3_RANGER/partnumber_ADDK1-579-0U/
9. http://www.truckperformance.com/products/searchtype_67d/sortorder_DAAAA/pro ductcategory_Catalytic+Converters/category_Exhaust+~~+Headers/sf1_FORD/sf2_ 1993/sf3_RANGER/sf4_Vehicle+Specific+Applications/sf5_2.3l/partnumber_CAR23 376/
13. (maybe) http://racerwalsh.zoovy.com/product/RWA1235 I know I don't have the turbo block off of these cars but since it is the same engine would I be able to install it without any worries or not?
Look at me. I'm an e-tard who wants to spend $2k on a bunch of mismatched
parts so I can get neat stickers for free. :banghead:
This one here ESPECIALLY makes me laugh.
http://www.truckperformance.com/products/searchtype_56d/sortorder_ADAAA/pro ductcategory_Shift+Improvement+Kits/category_Clutch+~~+Transmission/sf1_FOR D/sf2_1993/sf3_RANGER/sf4_Vehicle+Specific+Kits/
Proof that you have no idea what it is you're looking at or what you need. See any problems with this item, like... It's for an A4LD AUTOMATIC transmission and you have a 5-speed manual.
Yeaaaaaaaa I figured that out after :ohcrap:, I'm not gonna waste my money on that stuff I'm just going to save up for atleast a V6 swap, after talking with Pythias last night this was a ridiculous idea on my part.
So you're going to do what I suggested months ago. Good job. You're still better off to dump the Ford and get a V8 Dakota. Plentiful, cheap and fast.
Meh, I know but the thing is the truck cost 3200 and has only 68k miles on it, pristine condition too, I just need some more power other than the 85hp its putting down at the wheels. Which engine would be the best way to go for gas mileage and power? I'm thinking if I did get a 5.0 then I would put some 2.73's on it for the mileage or just wing it and get some 3.73's. What if I got the 3.0 of 4.0?
Anything you do is goint to cost money, and the further you go the more
it'll cost. You need to look at not only the engine but the transmission,
drivetrain, brakes and suspension. You could put a 500 hp 351 in it, but
you still have a four cylinder Ranger made out of four cylinder parts...
And an engine strong enough to destroy it all.
If you're insistent in doing a swap, and I'm sure that'll change another thousand or so times, I'd find a wrecked Ranger of the same vintage with all the parts in place. That way you have not just the major assemblies, but the little stuff like wiring harnesses, mounts, hoses, etc. Then it's just a matter of ripping out all of your parts and installing the new (used) stuff. The bonus is that you get the most parts for the least money.
Just keep in mind that the second you do that, you no longer have a pristine 68k mile truck. You now have a modified truck that is only worth what someone will give you for it. I still think you're better off starting with a different vehicle.
yup:thumbs: . if you want a faster truck keep the one you got for everyday driving, buy a dakota (as hobo said) or buy a s10 and swap a v8 into it. they make conversion kits for the swap, and aftermarket parts for chevy are EVERYWHERE!
I've thought about it for a while and I'm just going to drive this one as it is, sell it and the cavalier and buy somethin with more potential, I am saving up for an 03 SE-R that I'm going to buy off of my grandpa, the 2.5 in a tiny light car is unbelievable! Plus I'm 15, don't have a lot of money, insurance and gas also come into play along with reliability and safety
Change #237. :roll:
lol....I'm very undecided :ohcrap:
Have you thought about taking the turbo off of a Mustang SVO?
Or an 88 t-bird but they have a stronger block, meaning I would have to swap it out and then put the T3 on there
No dude. Just beef up the bottom end. Get you a good Eagle crank, and some JE or Probe pistons and rods and you'll be set. Actually, you probably wouldnt even have to do that. Just dont run more than 8psi on it. You should be fine.