what year

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  what year

what year camaro do you like the best and why? as well as engine size

posted by  camaro67

3rd generation all the way for me. :thumbs:

posted by  Morphias87

I like the 4th gen the most, they still hold up as attractive cars in my book.
I like the sharp nose and the shape of the taillights. Too bad there aren't many camaros where I live. :ohcrap:

posted by  GMC8100

You are both guilty of incomplete answers fellas.

Fair question. I'll assume you mean factory Camaro. That would be the '69 Z28/RS, 302, M22. Unfortunately only one was ever built by Chevy, although copies have been produced.

http://www.coast2camaro.com/images/Img80.gif

Now, if we're talking about aftermarket cars I'll have to go with the '69 Yenko Camaro, L22, M21.

http://www.batterytoppers.com/gallery/1969g_yenko.jpg

Did ya notice they're both '69's. I don't know if I was just the right age or if it was watching Mark Donahue in the Trans-Am series or what. The '69 just floats my boat and I feel those are two of the finest examples of '69's.

http://vsrnonline.com/Photos/M_Donohue/69Camaro_6_1.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

'69 Yenko Camaro, L22, M21.

I have to agree with VWhobo.

*slaps himself* Sorry I have to say it...
The one from 2 fast 2 furious is AWESOME!!! If only the movie was as nice as the cars :-\. And why'd they have to blow up that Eclipse in the first one... Okay enough ranting. Sorry.

posted by  Integra_LS

The Yanko Camaro is nice. And so is the 1967 COPO Camaro. However i am going with my original Camaro love and that is the 1969 Camaro SS with RS road package.

A 396ci Chevy small block producing 375 hp and 410 ftlb torque stock from factory
tuck and roll leather interior
The RS/SS front grill and headlight covers.

To me that entire set-up is just so...
Sweeeeeetttttt!!!!!! :thumbs:

posted by  Coffin Type R

Any one in particular. COPO simply stands for "Central Office Production Order". That means any special order car made by GM is a COPO and not all or even most of them are high performance.

posted by  vwhobo

Thanx that trivia knowledge, o wise and masterful god of car knowledge. lol
I keep that in my head.

posted by  Coffin Type R

the 65 convert is my favorit

posted by  AutoPro

my favorite would have to be...(probably because my dad has one and im probly biased) the 76 rs camaro with the 350. biggest problem..emissions regulations. but an engine and exhaust rebuild helped that pretty good

ialso think they look great and are also the largest camaros made im pretty sure. but the 70 1/2 camaro z28 has a better looking front end i have to say

posted by  nighthawk

Damn, Hobo and I are on teh same wavelenght again. '69 RS/Z28, 302, 4speed. But, like he said, an actual combo like that isn't really an option. ;) Lot's of RS/SS examples, but the RS/Z28 is a one off. But there have been some SWEET clones. ;)

Second place is the '70 1/2 to '73 Camaro non-Z28 (don't like the extended nose). The early 2nd gen cars are clean and almost italian in design. I like them with mild aftermarket 383 small blocks, to be honest, though I'd love one with an LSx series engine and 6 speed...

posted by  ChrisV

Put me down for a copy of that. '69 RS/Z28 with a DZ302 and a 4spd... just show me where to sign...

posted by  Bino

I knew there was a reason I was ignoring this guy...

I want to see a picture of a '65 Camaro, convertible or not. :screwy:

:banghead:

posted by  ChrisV

Damn, I was going to jump on that...

When I get around to doing a muscle car... it'll be a '69 RS/Z28 clone convertible with an LSx drivetrain and a 6spd... that's a ways off on the horizon... but it's always fun to plan.

posted by  Bino

Mine would be the 2002 Camaro SS (325hp/350tq, stock w/o any options)... Dont get me wrong, I love the old ones, but the 4th gen (Especially ones with the LS1) really complete the package for me in power and handling. I picked 2002 because it was the last year of the Camaro (so far) and is the most recent, obviously. Optioned to the teeth with the 35th anni package, suspension package and the cat-back exhaust for a 10hp bump.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Yeah, I figured out he was an idiot...he spelled "favourite" wrong :laughing:...And what's wrong with the 65 Camaro?...Was that like an ugly model year or something? :laughing:JK

posted by  chris_knows

Hey, do you Canadians spell like us Brits, too?....as the Yanks would say "Favorite" hehe :smoke: :clap:

posted by  Cliffy

Yep, favourite, colour, etc, and so on :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Wow....that's so cool....you're so near to the US, and yet soooo far lol....and what about woulds that should so blatently contain an 's' rather than a 'z'?......Like colour....Oh crap.....got that wrong....I mean, like realise, personalise or accessorise?...:wink2:

posted by  Cliffy

I'm pretty sure we use the "z" here, but that's pretty interchangeable down here, being 5 minutes from the U.S., and I'm pretty sure everyone here spells "practice" with a "c" lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Doesn't everone spell 'Practice' with a 'C'? lol

posted by  Cliffy

I thought you guys spelled it with an "s" :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Hang on...Practise...No, definately 'Practice' lol

posted by  Cliffy

I thought you guys typed it because I typed it into google, and this is what I got :laughing:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=practise&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=fir efox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

...A bunch of British sites lol

posted by  chris_knows

It looks like you can use either....I think 'practise' may be used in discribing a doctor surgery....

posted by  Cliffy

Probably *Muttering* Crazy Brits

:laughing:JK

posted by  chris_knows

Could be worse.....it could be spelled..'practize' lol

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message