hemi or vortec?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  hemi or vortec?

what engine is better for a drag application? and why

posted by  camaro67

Holy freakin' rap. It's time for you to start thinking these questions out before submitting them. For instance, what drag application?

Better yet I'll give you an answer and you can tell me why I'm wrong. I'll take a Hemi anyday. 6000 horsepower can't be wrong.

posted by  vwhobo

HA HA HA HA! :mrgreen:

6,000 hp?!! In what a spaceship?! :laughing:

posted by  DJ Nonsense

Top Fuel and Funny Cars. Let's see an SBC touch that.

posted by  vwhobo

bro yoour such a frikin asshole :banghead: i wanted to know what other people thought about the engines and im sry for not posting what drag application :1/4 mile

posted by  camaro67

hey thanx for backing do you have aol im? mine is camarorcr67 if you want to chat :thumbs:

posted by  camaro67

So there's only one type of 1/4 mile drag racing now, eh? I gave you an answer. Which do you think is best and why?

posted by  vwhobo

If you appreciate being backed up by someone who apparently doesn't know about 6000 hp Hemi's, good for you. Please respond to posts 4 and 7.

posted by  vwhobo

alright, all i want is to find out which one will be best, i want to drop either into my 69 camaro but i dont know which is beat for my application i want low #but want it to drive on the street too. thanx for your advice :thumbs:
p.s. also which will kill my walet more (gas, parts maintnace, etc.)

posted by  camaro67

i have seen some big hemis and im pretty sure there is a hemi that big but it costs them a small fortune

posted by  camaro67

:orglaugh:

posted by  Unfedfat

What? Huh? Actually I don't. I just learned something new today. On my birthday! You never stop learning I guess. I never heard of a 6,000hp vechile thats why I said that sounds like spaceship speed. I didn't even know that something can have so many horses.

I also didn't know that I was backing up anyone. :doh:

Anywell. My AIM is DJ Nonsense 2 but I have to add you on before you can talk to me. Privacy :mrgreen:

posted by  DJ Nonsense

6000 horsepower Hemi!

http://www.nhra.com/2004/gallery/tf/Tony_Schumacher.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

Thanks. I forgot we were talking about drag racing. But that is some freaky power. 6,000hp that is :thumbs:

posted by  DJ Nonsense

How about some marine diesel engines? 23,000 bhp...How does that sound? An engine as big as a house.. :hi:

http://www.njscuba.net/artifacts/img/engine_diesel.gif

It may be more ignorance than knowlage speaking but i would choose the Hemi too..

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

insane in the membrane R34... :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Well, there is the hemi glass-bottom drag car. Not top-fuel or funny car, but seriously modified car, with a hemi in it. Oh, the reason it is called the hemi glass bottom is because it can do the 1/4 mile in under 10 sec. on the rear wheels only.

posted by  Coffin Type R

See!!!

http://www.mopar-owners-club.com/curious/hemi_underglass.jpg

It is a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda.

However, i said this before and I like to saw this again, Chevy Big Block Rule!!! And they will always Rule!!!

posted by  Coffin Type R

You kids are so damn funny. The name of the car is "Hemi Under Glass". It's called that because you can see the engine through the rear window.

Hemi glass bottom. Sounds like a fast tour boat at Weeki Wachi. :roll:

posted by  vwhobo

Sorry, that was a typo on my part. :banghead: But you have to admit that car is pretty cool

posted by  Coffin Type R

Yes it is, it's even cooler in person.

posted by  vwhobo

Oh dear this is my 2nd post.

Gonna get flamed by VWHOBO fo shizzo :screwy:

lol jk

I'd go with a HEMI. But are you talking about the new 5.7 Hemi ? or 426 ?

Im a newb :thumbs:

posted by  72Torino

HEMI by far, dual intake with two four barrel 800 cfms with a 8-71 blower will knock the crap out of a vortec BUT there are two differennt Hemi's do you mean this new dodge one? or the orginal 426 there is a pretty big difference.... :ohcrap:

posted by  79-Cheyenne

i saw that @ dayton air show last yr, the guy who drives it its a little off his trolly

posted by  cinqyg

Your Message