new camaro

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  new camaro

who knows when the new chevy camaro comes out for sale?

posted by  Gukdoebabdoe

I'm hearing like Summer 2008...Can't wait :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

Somewhere around where Chris_Knows said. I'm looking forward to it as well. Though, I hope it simarily priced as to the old ones. Camaros, Firebirds, and Mustangs have always been great, affordable cars. And I'm hoping it has displacement on demand to help cope with rising gas prices.

posted by  hondaman

Im waiting for the Challenger :drool: Too bad by the time they come out, gas will be outrageous. (sp?)

posted by  Benson

naw, gas is cheap http://www.ebaumsworld.com/gasischeap.html

posted by  davsmitty

I wonder what would happen if you put Nyquil in your gas tank :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I'm excited for it, the concept looked sweet. I just hope that GM doesn't let the beancounters have a go at the parts bin and the final product is quality.

posted by  boothe

You gotta remember, a gallon is a pretty good size for $3 by volume.

posted by  OombaIsBack

The new Camaro is bland and ugly. Once they remove the prototype hype parts off of the car, it will be a plain and ugly car that won't be better than others that will be introduced in 2008. The Camaro will be a bust. Buy a G35 Coupe.

posted by  What?

are you sure? :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

Yes I'm sure, why the f*ck wouldn't I be? I said it, didn't I? I'm sick of you people questioning my quotes. I know who I am and I know what I say.

posted by  What?

I didnt mean are you sure thats your opinion, hopefully you are

what I meant was, are you sure the car is gonna be crap?

posted by  nighthawk

I believe it will be a 2009 model, so summer of '08 sounds about right. The only thing I don't like about it is the "retro" styling. It seems like every US automaker is going retro, and it gives me the impression that they don't have very creative minds at the drawing boards. Granted the Camaro concept is less retro than earlier drawings I've seen, but still, it's obvious that Chevy went for the "retro" look on this one.

posted by  adamsjr

It's what people want. Everyone was asking for years "the muscle cars are so great, why not make more that look like that? Why this contemporary curvy gay shit?" Now we got it and you're complaining. There is no pleasing you people.

posted by  OombaIsBack

Not everybody wants or likes retro-styling. I never wanted it, I never asked for it, so therefore I have the right to say that I am not particularly fond of the new trend in car design. Can I not have my own opinion?

posted by  adamsjr

Not when I'm here.

posted by  OombaIsBack

Then take thee to another forum! :o

posted by  adamsjr

I didnt think it had gotten the green light yet? Of course, I dont know why GM wouldnt give it the green light.

I cant wait for the Challenger.

posted by  StiMan

Sorry, dog. I pissed on this hydrant long before you came around.

posted by  OombaIsBack

There's a lot of people that will buy it just because it says Camaro on it.

posted by  Scolson

So? :o

posted by  adamsjr

And if there's an expert on gay shit on this forum, it's Twinkie who drives the pink Mazda. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

You're like a scratched Larry the Cable Guy or a working Carlos Mencia CD, constantly repeating the same unfunny joke.

posted by  OombaIsBack

Yeah, that wasn't funny at all vwhobo. You've worn it out.

posted by  What?

I wouldn't have a sense of humor if I drove that either. How are sales a feminine products doing lately?

posted by  vwhobo

It was funny the first 4 or 5 threads you brought it up. Now its just getting repetitive and sad.

posted by  OombaIsBack

I'm still laughing :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Yeah but you also made a sensless thread about a caravan with an LS1, eventhough it made no sense because you said I finished the badging, and there was no LS1 badging, only dodge caravan badges. I never got around to telling you how stupid that thread was, but it was retarded.:thumbs:

Btw if you didn't understand why I said that, its because it is no surprise that you are still laughing because you do stuff like I above described.

posted by  Pythias

It had a GM badge...lol

posted by  chris_knows

Of course, in the interest of full disclosure, we should point out that this whining comes from someone who inserts this;

into the middle of a thread for no apparent reason... Except to try to make himself feel better about being a loser and because he spends his days thinking about being a rump ranger. So who is the one who's repetitive and sad Twinkie? Why that'd be you. :wink2:

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=21571post#23

You were banned from this forum once already for the same things you're doing again. Are you trying to exceed newyorkers number of banishments or what?

posted by  vwhobo

Everyone is entitled to spout any damn fool thing that pops into their heads. But if you state it on a public forum, be prepared to have that opinion challenged. What's so goddamn hard to figure out about that?

Your assumption was that the designers are uncreative, and as a designer I can tell you that's not the case. Your opinion is based on a fualty assumption. It takes creativity and skill to look for inspiration in a classic AND make it contemporary. It takes NO imagination to make a generic blob. And as Oomba said (and look, Oomba, I'm agreeing with you...) people have for years been complaining that all new cars are looking the same, and why can't they have style like they used to? So now, some designers on SOME designs are taking that to heart, and uninformed little kids start bitching about it.

posted by  ChrisV

He's gonna be receiving another ban very shortly too, unless he reforms extreamly quickly!

posted by  Cliffy

My apologies to Mr. ChrisV. I know American car designers are not uncreative (ex. Saturn Sky) and I shouldn't have said it in that way. I do know and understand that most people (especially the ones who lived during the muscle car era) would like to see the looks of those awesome machines incoporated into new designs, and I respect that. While those cars helped define the 60's and later decades in America, I think that maybe it would be more fitting to have new designs for a new era in muscle (or any) cars. Not saying that there shouldn't be a slight nod to the past. Then again, maybe a "rebirth" in muscle cars should begin with those same familiar faces. Sorry for coming off as an unappreciative, whiny little kid. :(

posted by  adamsjr

We've HAD "new designs." And if they weren't complained about being copies of someone elses new design, they'd be complained about being too bland, or too whatever. The GTO and Charger are new designs (well, in the GTO's case, new to the US) and look at how they are complained about: the GTO looks like every other pontiac, and not enough "like a GTO", and the Charger has more doors than the original one... the Mustang and new Camaro concept take cues from the originals and make very modern designs taht are evolutionary of the originals, and some people complain that they aren't "new enough."

From a design perspective, you're damned no matter which way you go. EVERY new design is criticized for being derivative, if not of current cars freshly introduced, cars of the recent past, or cars of the distant past. And if it doesn't look like anything else, it's bound to be considered purely ugly on it's own.

The new round of musclecars are not Japanese, not European, but distinctly American, and that's a good thing. If you want a car that looks Japanese, buy Japanese. If you want one that looks European, buy European. If I weren't in the middle of a number of other financial obligations with house and family, I'd own a new Mustang. And I can't wait to see the production version of the new Camaro.

posted by  ChrisV

I wasn't banned for calling you a fag, because you weren't around then. I was banned for be a general asshole and of no help at all. Now the only people I try to insult are utter morons (like yourself), and I'm more open to other's opinions.

posted by  OombaIsBack

Just out of curiousity, what cars would you consider to be "generic blobs"?

posted by  hondaman

But you're still a general asshole and no help at all. More to the point, you're not even doing a good job of insulting me. You obviously have very limited talents in all areas except one... Being the poster child for post birth abortion. You go Mary Kay. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Well, then I guess I really have no complaints against retro-styling, then (though I do hate trends generated by MTV...:evil: ) Lucky you to be in a position where you could get a new sports car if not for $$$...I still gotta get out of college, get a job, buy a house, save my $$$ and set other priorities before even thinking of owning a new car, much less a sports car. :ohcrap: But, yes, when I hear that a local Chevy place has a new Camaro, I'm hauling ass over there to take a look. :mrgreen:

posted by  adamsjr

You know, it's that lump of clay car designers work on (or at least in the commercials) to get an idea of what they want the car to look like...before they start sculpting it. Duh, how could you not know that? It really makes sense, because it really doesn't take much imagination to make a lump of clay, which could be considered a blob. Hah! Pwnd! :P

posted by  adamsjr

other than the nose, teh Sunfire in adam's sig is a good example. Just generic curves with little structure or dtailing. More modern cars, it's things like the current Maxima. Notice how many kinds of cars echo that basic architecture...

posted by  ChrisV

Dude, everthing you said about me just know should be said for yourself as well. You're an assholes and always avoid answering questions by calling the person an idiot for not finding the info alone. You don't do a good job insulting me, you use the same joke over and over and over again.

posted by  OombaIsBack

You are so deep in the pit of your denial, that you couldn't identify the truth if it weighed 3000 pounds and landed on your head. The ONLY people that I give a hard time to are those who deserve it. On any given day, I provide more answers/technical information than you have in your entire time on this forum combined. I am an asshole, but you are a USELESS ASSHOLE.

BTW, there seems to be a lot of people who would disagree with your assessment of my ability to abuse a turd like you, but I know that doesn't support your personal perception of being a big dog either. So, are you man enough to walk away and let this person have their thread back, or are you going to continue to hijack it with your pre-pubescent whining? Have a nice day, Mary Kay.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message