New Escape

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  New Escape

Hi -

I just bought a NEw 2006 Silver Escape XLS this weekend and I wanted to do a few things to it so it doesn't look like EVERY OTHER ESCAPE ON THE ROAD! :sleep:

I don't know much about cars and this is the first NEW car I have ever owned. I want to change the wheels, but I don't want to spend a ton on flashy chrome rims or wheels or whatever. Are there any really high quality hubcaps that look like good wheels? Or are there any good quality wheels that aren't going to empty my bank account?

Also I was thinking about tinting cause it would look sharp with the silver. How much will this run me? Again I know nothing about cars and your suggestions are really appreciated! Thanks!

posted by  shortyk023`

For the love of God don't go hubcaps, find a cheap deal on a nice set of wheels, and as for the tint job, it depends on where you go and how much tint you want done so the estimate is about 80-200 but that is just an estimate

posted by  99integra

I agree with Teggy as far as hubcaps go, even alloy lookalikes just look tacky!

posted by  Cliffy

Hubcaps are like getting a lapdance from your mother...it's still a lapdance, but well... :laughing:
Let's see if anyone knows where that's from lol.

I agree on the hubcaps too, there's always some good looking wheels out there that aren't too expensive. :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

I disagree.......your mum does a great lap dance lol.....jk, not that she doesn't do a great lap dance...I've just never witnessed one...is your mum anything like Celin Dion? lol

Seriously though, a hub cap is not a wheel though....but a lap dance from your mum is still a lap dance!

posted by  Cliffy

I enjoyed it when your mother gave me a lap dance... :laughing:

posted by  vwhobo

I shouldn't talk about your mom, I barely know the man :laughing:

BTW Were my answers right? lol

posted by  chris_knows

Thank you for reminding me. Do you want it here, PM or chat?

posted by  vwhobo

Whichever is easier for you...I've been in the chatroom for the last ~24 hours and no one's signed in :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Here here here. We all want to see.:mrgreen:

Edit: Chris, whats the chatroom again I forget?

posted by  Benson

http://www.freewebs.com/vwhobo/vwhoboschatroom.htm

posted by  chris_knows

further to this thread...I am thinking of getting a 2008 Escape 4 x 4 which comes with 16" wheels and a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern. Here's my question...what would be the bigest wheel size/ lo profile tire combo that I could put on without it looking stupid and still be reasonably safe? Is 18" pushing it? Any input would be appreciated. Thx.

posted by  feekangool

Haha down here if you roll on 18's your laughing stock lol. 18 is no where close to pushing it, we have cars down here swangin on 24's, 26's, and theres one guy with 30. 18's would look perfect on that suv though for a classy look.

posted by  99integra

I think you'd look stupid with fancy wheels and lo-pro tires on an SUV, but maybe that's just me. Kind of like putting off-road tires on a Lamborghini.

18's wouldn't look too out of place though, and as it's been said most SUV can take 20+ without any rubbing. You'll probably be sacrifing a little ride quality, but it will by no means be unbearable. I don't see any safety issues either.

PS-Thanks for saying "wheels" instead of rimzzzzz.

posted by  giant016

[QUOTE=giant016]I think you'd look stupid with fancy wheels and lo-pro tires on an SUV, but maybe that's just me. Kind of like putting off-road tires on a Lamborghini.

18's wouldn't look too out of place though, and as it's been said most SUV can take 20+ without any rubbing. You'll probably be sacrifing a little ride quality, but it will by no means be unbearable. I don't see any safety issues either.

PS-Thanks for saying "wheels" instead of rimzzzzz.[/QUOTET

Thanks for the input. I used to have an F150 with 20" wheels (lo-pro) and it looked pretty cool and I got a lot of positive comments on it so I know the look won't be outrageous.

posted by  feekangool

Your Message