1988 ford ranger

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1988 ford ranger

If you have read my previous post then you all now i have a 1988 ford ranger. It has a 4 banger 2 or 2.3 liter i think about 80-90 hp. 95,000 miles
It has no tachometer. I just got a new carberaeutor because my old one was no good even after i got installed i had to take it back to the shop because unless i let go of the clutch while pressing the accelator it would shut off. But i got that fixed but i was thinking about just getting a new engine. AFter searching google looking for a couple of hours i stumbled onto this website http://shop.auto-car-engines.com/chevy-s10_pickup-rebuilt_engines-gmc_262lr lb_5.html what exactly else do i need to buy to get an engine swap. I know i have to find a mechanic to do it so will the new engine even fit? i am sorry i don't know too much about under the hood things. please help and thanks

posted by  DanTheMan76

You're joking.... right?

posted by  thefonz

why do you ask?

posted by  DanTheMan76

Ok, I'll take the bait. Your current truck and engine is a ford ranger with a
2 or 2.3 liter engine, and you want to put in a V6 4.3 chevy engine.
Is this what you are wanting to do?

posted by  thefonz

Go 302 if you want to drop a V6 in as big as a 4.3

posted by  99integra

I once saw a truck with somethign like that setup it was decaled with build ford toufh with chevy parts.

posted by  Aondor

what are all parts would i need to buy and is the website i mentioned a good one to buy the engine from? oh and what website sells 3O2 engine so can check it out if you say the 4.3 is to big

posted by  DanTheMan76

I didn't say it was too big I said it was a big V6 but why would you want a Chevy in a Ford is what I want to know? Just go to your local junkyard and shuffle through the cars, you're bound to find a 302 from either a Mustang or an older LTD or something :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Ok, I went back and read most of your other posts on this forum. Go ahead and buy either engine (302 or 4.3) they are a direct bolt in for the ranger.
I don't think you should need any other parts like intake or exhaust manifolds,carb or FI (your choice,)valve covers ,timing cover, harmonic balancer,pulleys, motor mounts, or anything along those lines.
Be sure and post some pics when your mechanic is through!

posted by  thefonz

thefonz so all need to do is buy the engine and leave the rest to the mechanic? without having to buy any extra parts? thanks

posted by  DanTheMan76

Sure thing!!
:screwy:

posted by  thefonz

thefonz is the website i mentioned above a good one to buy the engine from?

posted by  DanTheMan76

HIIK!
Hell if I know!

posted by  thefonz

i dont undestand hiik? also what about the transmission right now it is a five speed but would it be compatible with the v-6

posted by  DanTheMan76

what about the transmission?

posted by  DanTheMan76

It is entirely possible that you are the densest person to have ever posted on this forum. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Do you feel sure enough to say the ENTIRE forum who has EVER posted? :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Your Message