Window Tint

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Window Tint

How dark should I tint my windows on my infiniti G20t (black) to make it look good yet not to dark where I will get into trouble with cops and the inspection. I was thinking around 20-25% tint....help would be appreciated!

posted by  rcb054

what state to do live in??? each state has their own laws on window tints.... I know in Illinois there is no limit on the back windows however, u cant have any on the front... If it's a really light tint on the front the cops will let it slide. Usually the first time they give u a a warning but u have to show proof within a certain date that u took the tint off... One of my friends just finds a car like his and takes a pic of it.

posted by  V-Tec

I think the legal limit depends on the state laws. Here in WI the darkest tint you can go is 45% (legally, mind you). 45% to me isn't dark at all. When I get my next car, I'm going to go 5% on the rear windows and 15% on the fronts. I think it's mainly so cops can tell what's going on inside the car (If you're pulling a gun on them, etc). Check with your state laws to know what the limit is for tint and then base your choice on whether you could be satisfied with the legal tint, or if you want darker. Going darker has it's consequenses. If you can pay the tickets, go with 5% (which is dark). If you're satisfied with leagal limits or don't want tickets, go with the darkest legal amount you can.

Personally, I prefer dark tint on any color car, but black and white always look best with dark tint IMO. Hope that helps you out a bit.

posted by  Satty101

heres a site that gives you all the stat laws.....http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

posted by  salimander13

I live in PA, i think the legal limit is 30% but do u think its worth it to go down to 20-25%?

posted by  rcb054

If the cops are assholes they will pull you over for the 30% even though its legal, but if they arn't they probably wouldn't pull you over at all unless its like limo tint.

posted by  salimander13

So basically its how lucky you are...so going to 20-25% isnt going to make much of a difference legal wise than 30% would.

posted by  rcb054

the only difference it makes is that if you get pulled over and its the lowest legal tint there is they can't do anything about it. If they pull you over and its 20-25% then they most likely will give you a warning and tell you to take it off or they can ticket you.

posted by  salimander13

the only difference it makes is that if you get pulled over and its the lowest legal tint there is they can't do anything about it. If they pull you over and its 20-25% then they most likely will give you a warning and tell you to take it off or they can ticket you.

posted by  salimander13

As for looks how much darker is 20 or 25 going to be then 30%...i guess im asking is it worth the chance of a warning to get a little bit darker?

posted by  rcb054

nah its not really worth it, the darkest they give you is pretty dark for the front. The only time someone can see inside your car with be a bright day, cloudy days or nighttime people won't be able to look in....or at least from a distance.

posted by  salimander13

the law for tinted windows is just gay yea uh lmao at that pic thing that a really good idea lol

posted by  Andrew0261

Your Message