Cold Air Intake

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Cold Air Intake

Hey everyone:

I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death, and I appologize for it, but I've just been getting no answers where ever I go. I purchased the AEM Performance Intake from Advance Auto Parts, I believe its called the "short ram", the shorter version of the longer intake. Anyways...my friend purchased it for his 1995 Mercury Sable. And as I've figured out, there is not ONE company that makes cold air intakes for Sables. But at the same time, I know people have put cold air intakes on their tauruses/sables. So I was wondering, is it possible to put a cold air intake on a car that isn't meant for them? I put the AEM on it, and my car is acting up. For example, sometimes the car will "hesitate". Like I'll put the pedal donw, and sometimes it will hesitate to go for like 2-3 seconds, then finally speed up. Again I really want that intake on there. Is there anything I can do to successfully put it on? Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!!!

posted by  Coopercentral

1. Yes, you can fit a CAI from another car on to your Sable.

2. No, it's not worth a damn. Save your money and invest it in mutual funds. You'll be better of in the long run.

posted by  vwhobo

Hi:

Could someone please tell me why people are always bashing CAI? Before my problem that I have now, it worked perfectly. It sounded absolutely sick, and it provided for a few more HPs. Just wondering, b/c i really would like to put one on my car that actually works. Thanks!

posted by  Coopercentral

Because they are in most cases, junk. Show me the dyno sheets thay prove "it provided for a few more HPs" and I'll retract that statement. Until then it stands.

posted by  vwhobo

Well....I can't give you that, but I definately feel a few more horse powers for sure. And...the sound is awesome, thats something that I dont' want to throw away. It love the sound!!! :)

posted by  Coopercentral

then you are stuck driving a car that shouldn't have one. they dont make one for a reason. and if all you are looking for is sound, take all the feed tubes of the original air box. i did it to my honda. my :2cents: is they aren't worh a shit so don't bother

posted by  glagon1979

Now, is there any one here who is a CAI fan currently I do not know which to get for my 2001 Cougar, I am stuck between a K&N, Weapon R Secret Weapon, or an Ijen and dont know which is the best for my type of car or a good type in general I have heard good things about all three but dont know till I get some ones personal experience with those CAI's

posted by  StreetCougar

If this is true;

Then why would you have to ask this?

It seems to me that someone who "loves to race and build up cars" would have some insight into this simple question.

posted by  vwhobo

I see you must be the A$$hole of the forum, 90% of the post I have read from you is just flaming, or trying to whore the forums, the reason i want to know is sence this is my first cougar, and dont know what the best is for one I ask, but u must know everything sence u can talk shit like that am i right? way to welcome a new member.

posted by  StreetCougar

Are you stoned or stupid? I asked you a question and you went into a rant. Could it be that I hit the nail on the head and instead of fessing up, you think that attacking me will take the spotlight off of you? I think it is.

P.S. I don't claim to know everything, but I certainly know more than you. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Yes there are things you know more then me, as there are things i know more about you, it all in the experience, as for attacking you it was well diserved, not only do u rip on every ones threds you insist on being cocky, maby if you were nicer on the forums and treat people with respect then you would be cool but no u have to be dick and think every one else is dumber then you, well guess what bro, you should grow up and stop acting tough :fu:

posted by  StreetCougar

Newflash for all ignorant newbs (you). I'm not here to be nice, to be liked or even to be respected. I am not your bro nor do I desire to be. You are an insignificant e-tard who does not even have the common sense or common courtesy to start his own thread to ask his own question. You are the one who came on this forum and claimed to be something you're not, and when you got called on it began to whine like the bitch that you are. You are not worth one single addtional moment of my time. Go crawl back under your rock until you are able to comprehend and follow proper forum etiquette. If and when you are able to do so AND have something useful to add to this forum, then please do so.

P.S. Every time you use the :fu: smiley to "be a man" as you did in the post above, you lose 5 IQ points. You have three uses left before you turn into a plant.

posted by  vwhobo

Its funny because I do respect the Hobo for his knowledge and how he helps people, to avoid getting flamed while asking a question you have to have your question straight and not lie (like i did 2 years ago), have to be detailed question, have your facts, etc... I'm positive a lot of members respect him for who he is :wink2:

posted by  99integra

yeah, but "maby" he "diserved" it... :laughing: :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Take more than a dyno printout to make a convincing argument.... the figures swing by a motsa between dynos and/or tests on commercial hub or rolling machines.

I believe the CAI allows sonic pulses to propel the car under impulse power at sub light speeds while recharging the dilithium crystals in readiness for warp factor 5. Yeah baby hear that engine roar!

posted by  Wally

Just maybe...:laughing:

posted by  99integra

Your Message