3400 ~ Dohc Vs. SFi

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  3400 ~ Dohc Vs. SFi

my monte has a 3.4 DOHC and i am looking at a 3.4 SFi in the '03 impala. is there any difference in these engines? i have had some trouble with my monte but that could have been a wiring issue.

posted by  monteofdoom

Yes. If you can't tell that by taking a quick glance, close the hood and never open it again. :ohcrap:

posted by  vwhobo

what year is your monte? chances are it wont work unless you do some mods to the wiring and use the computer out of the impala.

posted by  glagon1979

i know the basic setup is different, that would change from engine to engine, and other then pipes and a few body mods i would leave the impalas engine alone. i just wanted to know if the SFi was a better engine?

my monte is a 1996.

posted by  monteofdoom

you would have to mod the shit out of your engine bay to get it in there. my advise, don't fix it if it ain't broke:thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

Sit down, put on your thinking cap and decide what question(s) you want answered before posting. You may have "just wanted to know if the SFi was a better engine", but that IS NOT the question you asked in the first post. Get your sh*t together and we might be able and willing to help you. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

umm.... you still didn't answer the question.... either of them. :banghead:

good job!

posted by  monteofdoom

Well actually moron, I did answer the first question. You are taking idiocy to a new level. "Good job."

Would you like to try for another witty comeback?

posted by  vwhobo

Well, that would depend on the retort. i don't know if i would say that i was going for witty. More like sarcastic with a side of annoyed. the fact that somewhere out there the is a man that sits back drooling over a car that turned into the biggest gay man / woman car in the world and hordes his knowledge over those of us that don't spend our every waking moment studying cars. Now don't get me wrong i would love to be able to spend my time working on cars i love it. But i have to get paid, I’m a computer geek, you’re a wrench head. The fact that you sit back and poke fun because i wasn't perfectly clear in my questions is laughable.

BTW your first "answer" could have been given by a paraplegic three year old. i can see that there is a difference, one is dual over head but, i needed to know mechanically (asking on a car site) what the differences were.

I like your vocabulary, idiot and moron, did you hear that allot in school?:fu:

posted by  monteofdoom

you remind me allot of the comic book guy on the simpsons.

posted by  monteofdoom

Once again, you didn't get the answer you were looking for BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO COMPETENTLY CONVEY YOUR MESSEAGE. The question you asked in the first post was "is there any difference in these engines?" My answer was "Yes". Once again you've moved the target. Now you "needed to know mechanically (asking on a car site) what the differences were". Not the same question, not the same information.

As I stated in an earlier post, sit down, put on your thinking cap and decide what question(s) you want answered before posting. You really, REALLY need to figure out how to communicate with people. Maybe that's why you have to sit behind a computer all day for a living.

Oh, and to answer your question, yes. That's what all the other kids parents called them when comparing them to me. You know, just like what happens to you now. You need to get a grip... On something besides your little wee wee. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

I bet you rode the short bus to school. Two different posts to respond to the same post. Don't ever apply for a job in emergency services. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

resorting to penis jokes... nice. And the stretch about the other kids is a classic.

ok, here is the final question thinking cap strapped on and ready to go:thumbs:. if you need it any clearer let me know.

mechanically speaking, what is the difference between the engine i have in my 1996 monte carlo Z34 and the engine in the 2003 Impala LS 3.4, and is it any better?

posted by  monteofdoom

far be it for me to assume that the people on the CAR SITE would know that i am asking for more then and yes, they are different.... HOW ARE THEY DIFFERENT?

posted by  monteofdoom

How about one is DOHC and the other is OHV, just for starters. Different heads. Different blocks.

Sorry twinkie boy. I'm not married to you so I don't have to "know what you mean". It's up to you to think, type and submit. If you follow those three steps every time, you'll be much less likely to find yourself in this situation.

posted by  vwhobo

Twinkie boy? Twinkie boy!? wow where did you get Twinkie boy from i mean, i guess you could have assumed i was a fat kid and all but. we all know since we aren’t married you couldn't assume anything about me. but to choose such a specific, and disgusting i might add, food out of all the fat kid foods in the world. i mean seriously. Twinkie boy. personally i am a cheesecake man.

posted by  monteofdoom

So do you want to learn about your car or whine like a little bitch? Don't answer, that was a rhetorical question, we already know the answer.

posted by  vwhobo

are you mad? you seem mad. why would you be mad? :laughing:

i would gladly like to hear an answer from someone who knows something that is more then what i can find with more then a few seconds of looking around the net.

if you have something intelligent to say that isn't a random insult you pull from your ass then i would love to learn about these two engines. but i do not believe you have the ability to stifle the anger your short comings cause long enough to type the information i need.

posted by  monteofdoom

Mad? There is nothing an insignificant piece of cyber trash like you could do to get me mad. Amused is a more correct term, because I can play this game until I'm bored and then turn you off. Much the same as one would use a crack whore I suppose. The funny thing is that I know the answer and you don't, but... I'm bored now. Click. :sleep:

posted by  vwhobo

and yet you took the time to tell me all that.

cyber trash, crack whore. your vocabulary is expanding. :clap:

posted by  monteofdoom

:guns: :pop:

posted by  nighthawk

he answered the questions you asked. i even did on the first page, he just went into more detail. the 2 engines are not compatable. the block, heads, intake, and wiring are all different. if you want to know anything else, here's a site you can check. www.google.com start there.

posted by  glagon1979

its not the fact that he answered its hes an ass and that some detail would have been nice eve courteous. i just had a simple question of is the impala engine better. i didn't come here looking for a bunch of elitist assholes making them selves feel better by talking down to someone looking for help.

if the engine is even a little bit better i am going to fork over the money and buy an impala.

posted by  monteofdoom

makes you wonder why gm would make two completly different engines with the same displacement, why not just (if anything) a lower powered version of an engine for cheaper cars , etc

posted by  nighthawk

looks like you got your mind made up. do what you gotta do. thanks for waisting our time:thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

you get here you argue wiht hobo then you realize hell never give up and you get tired of it and leave so see you later monte

posted by  Aondor

Is there a reason you post on this forum other than to remind everyone why janitors are stereotyped as being uneducated louts? If there is, I can't figure it out. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

May I ask why do you want the 3.4 SFI over the 3.4 DOHC? Doesn't the 3.4 DOHC produce about the same or if not more power over the SFI?

I know those engines are a bitch to work on but that's not enough of a reason to swap it.

posted by  DukenukemX

Your Message