Viper SRT 10

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Viper SRT 10

When I was at the DCX dealer I sawa Viper SRT 10 in black - :clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs:

What can I say? The model I saw was a black on black coupe $86,995, I was like afraid to touch it.

They had an SRT-10 Dodge Ram outside too, would have liked to see those two go head to head.

Hot stuff, anyone driven one?

posted by  boothe

i sure havent driven one, but the one at my dealer looks just as nice:thumbs:
i sort of know what you mean about almost being afraid to touch it :drool:

posted by  nighthawk

The Viper is great, but why is this in "Classic Cars?" :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

i was thinking the same thing

posted by  glagon1979

yea i wouldnt mind to own a Viper but hell i got a Corvette so im happy eh

posted by  Andrew0261

yea I wouldnt mind you reviving this thread but hell your just bragging about a corvette so im not happy eh:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

in england, the viper is not known as a viper but known as the SRT10 because someone else owns the name "viper" in uk

posted by  True_Brit

The new Viper's, I think the older ones still used 'Viper' (those that were sold here atleast) as SRT-10 refers to the cabriolet version I believe

posted by  Cliffy

SRT-10 is just the newer one, we have them here too...It's just "Street and Racing Technology"...It might be called the SRT-10 in England, but there's also a truck here with the same engine and is an SRT-10 lol...

Here's the Viper SRT-10 badge though lol: http://www.cars.com/features/autoshows/2005/losangeles/coverage/images/06_d odge_viper_srt10_badge_trs_150.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

My mistake, the older cabrio was called the RT...I think, lol. I've seen those trucks, too :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

theres a fair few floating round plymouth!!!
2 black ones, a silver one and a yellow rumble bee

posted by  True_Brit

the rumble bee is not an SRT-10.....they never put that package on the SRT-10 trucks....

The Ram SRT-10....look at my sig...

posted by  dodgerforlife

i know it isnt :banghead:

posted by  True_Brit

I just looked on the dodge site...why is the convertible less than the coupe version? That's strange. Anyone have an explanation?

posted by  Bronxie

Convertible clamshell-design top
8.3-liter V10 engine
510 horsepower
535 lb-ft of torque
0 to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds
14-inch front and rear vented brake rotors

Double-bubble hardtop roof
8.3-liter V10 engine
510 horsepower
535-lb-ft of torque
0 to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds
Increased structural rigidity for improved handling <

posted by  Andrew0261

All convertibles are like that, though, I thought, and still most of them cost a good 7-9k more than the regular models.

posted by  Bronxie

I think they're saying that the Coupe is cheaper than the convertable.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/New/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/38667/Act/ Prices/ ....yes they are.

The coupe is more expensive because of desirability. Demand for the Viper coupe has always been greater than the demand for the Viper convertable.

posted by  What

That's odd :\ every car I can think of, the convertible is much more expensive than the coupe and much more desirable as well.

EDIT: Oh I just read it is manually operated top. I figured if it was automatic it'd cost the manufacturer more to develop/produce and would increase the price of the vehicle.

posted by  Bronxie

More people consider the Z4 Coupe to be more desirable than the Z4 roadster. Same with the Cayman over the Boxster...even though the Porsche says their totally different cars.

posted by  What

Personally I'd like to see those V10 engines more often. If they do release the Dodge Challenger I'd pee myself if they offered a SRT-10 version.

posted by  DukenukemX

Here in Tulsa there's a Black srt-10 truck, a Yellow 06 Viper, and a Silver 06 Viper. I got pictures of the Silver one, it's so nice. The Vipers are awesome.

posted by  EdenGenesis

i dont see the pics :laughing:
come on, show em!!!
id show the ones here BUT i dont own a digital camera!
theres a black/silver stripe old viper going round with hydraulics to help it get over some speed bumps and raised road surfaces lol
the same bloke who owns that also has a 66 Green Mustang and a Chevvy ZO6 Corvette

posted by  True_Brit

Here's the silver Viper

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/EdenGenesis/?action=view¤t=DSC 00277.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch14
http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/EdenGenesis/?action=view¤t=DSC 00278.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch13
http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/EdenGenesis/?action=view¤t=DSC 00276.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch15
http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/EdenGenesis/?action=view¤t=DSC 00275.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch16

posted by  EdenGenesis

looks nice in silver, id much prefer it in Blue

posted by  True_Brit

:clap:

posted by  KiddA

:clap: That thing is amazing.... One car that I would give up both my Mustangs for. :laughing:

posted by  Pythias2050

Ever hear the term "instant classic"?

posted by  PontiacFan27

My friend owned a Viper, he just sold it about a month ago. :(
I had the luck of him letting me borrow it for a weekend. Its such a fun car to drive. It's kind of scary though, I mean, if you drop the clutch in too fast or hit the pedal to hard you'll be facing the wrong directing before you can blink.

The ONLY bad thing I can find about them is the A/C has a hard time keeping up with the big engine. If you punch it you can feel a heatwave go right through the cabin. Not a real big deal though.

Its kind of annoying how you get some rice rocket wanting to race at every street sign you stop at. You can take most of them at 1/4 throttle tho. haha.

if anyone would like to donate one, Id be glad to accept.

posted by  mousegu

dont you run the risk of burning your leg with the side exhausts if you step out too short???

posted by  True_Brit

yeah. you learn to step over real quick. its not that big of deal though.

posted by  mousegu

Your Message