is this a good deal?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  is this a good deal?

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=20966496&pgno=2&srt=1

maybe i can talk him down to 2000-2500, is it a good deal? how much would insurance be for a 17 yeard old.

posted by  illusion34

Although obviously the advert was a little hard to understand in French, I got the jist of what was stated lol. It looks like a good deal to me, although I'm not sure how the value stands over there with regard to the currency/used car value....You sure do get through some cars lol

posted by  Cliffy

would i be able to resell that for lets say 5000$ canadian?

posted by  illusion34

it actually looks to be a good buy, (i know a little french lol)

but unless you do something to make the value go up, or just strike an amazing deal, your gonna have trouble selling it for double the price you just bought it for:2cents:

posted by  nighthawk

how would i make the value go up? on ebay and most other sites you dont see these for less then 5000$ so i thought maybe i can resell it for that much. would insurance be alot for a 17 year old though?

posted by  illusion34

:banghead: I'm dumb.

posted by  Benson

I think cliffy means the ad for the camaro,

and illusion, you cant just "make the value go up"
dont you know the value of a car depends on how good the car is, maybe this particular camaro has rust all over the underbody, etc etc.. there should be a reason for the lower price

posted by  nighthawk

He was saying it was hard to understand

posted by  skeetin870

My bad, I didn't take a lot of time to read it and I guess this is basically what I read. Sorry about that guys.

posted by  Benson

omg, so sorry for the french, well, in the ad it says the car is rust free. here ill translate what it says

CHEVROLET CAMARO IROC Z T-TOP 1987, 109,500 km, automatique, tout équipée, peinture, originale, aucune rouille, V8 (350), tuned port, bas km, mécanique A-1,

chevy camaro iroc z, 1887, 109,500 km, automatic trans, fully equiped, painted, original, no rust, V8(350) im guessing its the 5.7 litre then, tuned port injection, low km, mechanicaly in tip top shape. does that make it easier? if i decide to go see this car, what should i look for?

posted by  illusion34

one thing

rust

and maybe ripped up seats etc etc... :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

wwould it make a good first car though? woud insurance like totally obliterate me or its not that bad? and around how many mpg do you think it gets?

posted by  illusion34

im not the person to ask about insurance lol

mileage wouldnt be very good but driving on the highway would be alright

posted by  nighthawk

do you think it gets over 12 mpg?

posted by  illusion34

819 pins it in PQ, so i dont know too much about the insurance rates, but i know they are generally higher there then most other provinces...besides ontario hehe

posted by  dodgerforlife

City I'd say it's likely and highway, like 20-25.

BTW Yeah, insurance in Ontario SUCKS! lol.

posted by  chris_knows

well im in quebec lol. im sure its gonna cost a good 2000$ a year if not more :(

posted by  illusion34

Everybody is correct lol..I was merely stating that the French was a little hard to understand, I thought it was reasonably clear how I typed my post.....I bet it is to you now lol. I still cant see how you could read it any other way. Nevermind though! :thumbs:

By the way, you should know me well enough by now to notice that if I do see an advert...I delete it! :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Based on what i've read they're supposed to get 16 MPG City and 24 MPG Highway. Insurance, i would think, would be fairly high for a 17 year old guy. Just call an insurace company and get a quote.

posted by  Lizard King 6B

Alright, to answer the insurance question, yes.. insurance for a young driver will be pretty high (friend has one with only the 305 and it's still up there), remember, it's a 2 door and has the 350, so it'd be considered 'sporty'..

The price is a good one, you can find the ones with the 305 in them for half the price (sometimes you'll get lucky and see the odd 350 for under $2000), but $3000 for that low of mileage and the 350 is a pretty good deal, and you could most likely get $5000 without doing anything at all really to it.. that's if it's really in the condition it says it is..

posted by  car_crazy89

ok, im gonna try and talk him down to 2500. where do you suggest i try and resell this?

posted by  illusion34

E-BAY:thumbs:

posted by  Lizard King 6B

good idea. ill give it a shot. if worse comes to worse, thats gonna be my first car :)

posted by  illusion34

Forget about resale value, buddy. Its a really good price, especially with such low miles. You could sell it for more than that, but at the very least you could sell it for what you bought it for in a couple years. When you look at it, look for rust and running problems. Make sure you test drive it. Check fluid levels, and age of maintenance parts like fuel filter and air filter. Look for smoke. See how it feels. Drive it slow, medium speed, and get on it. See how it turns. With that low of miles, it was probably taken care of pretty well so you should see any problems. Pick it up before someone else does.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message