97 'Stang GT question

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  97 'Stang GT question

In the 97 GTs did it come with a 4.6 DOHC or SOHC? Ive been looking into it through searches and stuff and just keep coming up with Cobras for the 4.6 DOHC.

posted by  Blazin'Blazer

GT = SOHC, Cobra = DOHC

posted by  vwhobo

Ok i was just wondering. I bought a mustang here not to long ago and didnt know it was anything other than a GT. Its my first mustang. I found out it was DOHC. So Ive been told by a mechanic i have one of the fastest cars in my city. Haha he didnt tell me I had a Cobra engine tho. But I still dont think its near the fastest so I guess that keeps me going on to make it faster.

posted by  Blazin'Blazer

I'm sure you think it's DOHC. The problem arises when you ask yourself, or are asked by someone else, how did you buy this car and the fact that it has an engine swap never came up? I call 1) bullsh*t or 2) you and your mechanic have no idea what the difference between an SOHC and a DOHC engine is.

posted by  vwhobo

Uhm the fact that its been opened up and is a DOHC is there. So YOU can shove it. I just asked if it was a gt or not. So go whack off to your drag cars chrome dome. Not to mention I bought it off a lot the day after it came in so XP

posted by  Blazin'Blazer

The fact that you and your "mechanic" had to "open it up" to determine that it's DOHC is even more evidence that you're without a clue. What is the SVT engine serial number and where is it located? If you don't know where it's at you've proven that you're a liar. If you give it to me I can track it. What's it gonna be Twinkie?

posted by  vwhobo

that seems sort of fair!

posted by  True_Brit

Not really. He can look up the location online, and refuse to give the VIN as a implication of invasion of privacy.
------------------
What about my Cobra, hobo?

Vin = 1FAFP49Y73F302334

It's located on the driver side door.

posted by  Godlaus

oh really,,,,, i change my mind,,,, thats not fair!

posted by  True_Brit

vwh, what's the difference between the two engines? What are their advantages/disadvantages?

posted by  Spade

:hi:
http://www.autoguide.com/used_cars/Washington/Seattle/FORD/MUSTANG/5310169. html?partner=13117

Prank calls to:

360-568-2122!

posted by  Spade

The DOHC is a revver and the OHV 5.0 (IMHO) is the better engine for the engineering put into it

posted by  99integra

There you go, proving exactly what I said about you in a different post, which of course you denied. You're so cock sure that you know something, ANYTHING about cars that you can't even read instructions. I didn't say VIN, I said SVT serial number. MORON. Go climb back in your hole. Better yet, go hang out on a kiddie forum where you can impress somebody with your self percieved knowledge.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message