sbc s10s

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  sbc s10s

ive been working on my s10 for the last three years ,its got a 383 strocker in it ,who else has one of these monster s10s

posted by  chevyman89f

Just out of curiosity, why would you put a MoPar engine in a Chevy?

posted by  Benson

And you want us all to believe you have a clue. :banghead:

I have trouble considering a V8 S-10 as being a "monster". I'm mentoring some young teens by guiding/helping/financing the build of one right now. Fun? Yep. Cool? Sure. Quick? No doubt. Monster? Not likely.

posted by  vwhobo

Sorry I spoke too soon. I did a bit of research and found out its a 350 with a .060 bore and a 400 crank.

posted by  Benson

not monster but definetly a blast

posted by  chevyman89f

i thought it was .030 over with a 400 crank and rods.

posted by  glagon1979

Right you are... mostly. Now it's time to put on your thinking cap. What is the bore and stroke of the GM factory crate truck engine 383? Hint. It's NOT 4.030" x 3.75". Good luck. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

i know its a 3.80 stroke but i don't know the bore size. enlighten me :oops:

posted by  glagon1979

Anyone else?

posted by  vwhobo

lol! I'm sad for the future of the world....

posted by  ChrisV

4.00” x 3.80” , and the 4.030" x 3.75" was just a common, yet non factory sb combo correct?

posted by  Pythias

And who said that you were wrong?

posted by  vwhobo

I had assumed that when you said anyone else to Glagon that that was the wrong stroke size.

posted by  Pythias

Now you really have me confused. When did I say glagon was wrong? He stated the stroke was 3.800". His answer was correct, just incomplete. WTF? Oh yeah, you ASSumed. :ohcrap:

posted by  vwhobo

Yes, something I need to stop doing so much.

posted by  Pythias

These guys state a 3.750 stroke...

http://www.high-performance-engines.com/spc1.html

The GM crate 383 uses a 3.800 stroke, with the standard 4.000 inch bore. The typical stroker kit uses the 3.750 inch stroke with the 4.030 bore.

posted by  ChrisV

Someone is confused. A regular aftermarket high performance 383 is 4.030"x3.750" for 383 ci. The Chevy crate truck engine is 4.000"x3.800" for 382 ci, which they call a 383 because it has name recognition. I don't think the engine in the link is built by GM, it's an aftermarket build. Look at the heads, intake, etc. Just for the sake of information, if it was based on a standard bore 350, it would be 4.000"x3.750" which is where the 377 SBC comes from. :wink2:

Beyond that, thank you for confirming what has already been posted.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message