98 ford explorer odometer

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  98 ford explorer odometer

hey guys im a new member and id like to start off with hello and thnx for looking at my post. well i just got my liscense and untill i get a car i can call my own im stuck with my dads prized 98 eddie bauer explorer that still only has 40K miles on it. the thing is that although they let me drive, they are very anal about the miles, now im not looking to rollback the miles that i driven but im trying to figure out if i could just disconect the speedometer cable or the sensor so they just dont register. i found a wire connected to the tranny that looks as if its headed up towards the dash and if i took a pair of pliars i could easily disconect it easily. im just wondering if anyone here could help me locate the speedo wire or just tell me a diff technique to stop the odometer. i know this isnt rele the safest or most legal thing to do but its not like im trying to roll back 40 k on the car i just dont wanna get bitched at when i go 60 miles instead of 20.

posted by  pete89721

If that's the case, then only drive 20 mile. First off you're here asking for people to help you lie to your parents. That's mistake #1. Mistake #2 is thinking that you can simply disconnect a cable or wire and make the odometer not work without causing associated problems. Spend more time on developing some character, integrity and honesty and less time trying to get over on the people who care the most about you.

If you start working real hard right now, by the time you're 20, you might not be a loser punk bitch anymore.

posted by  vwhobo

I'm not sure how to do that but am willing to bet that it is not a good idea. You'd be better off driving the car and then having the odometer rolled off. However, this is not legal so I doubt anyone will give you any non-legal advice on this forum anyway.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

now im a new poster so i dont want to be starting trouble here but ur telling me that during ur entire life u have never lied to ur parents and if u can honestly tell me no and be able to sleep at night, then god bless ur soul

posted by  pete89721

Didn't say that Twinkie. But I didn't go online (Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet) and ask for help. On the other hand, I was man enough to build my own car and pay for it with my own money instead of driving mommy's and daddy's wheels. It's something kids used to think about. Self respect, self reliance, taking care of your own business instead of having it done for you. I would have been ashamed to drive my dad's car, even though at the time it was probably cooler than mine.

Just think. I can go though life having memories of working hard and doing something for myself. You on the other hand can have memories of driving an Explorer. Lucky you.

posted by  vwhobo

My dad came here from italy with nothing more then a ****ing dollar in his hand over 30 years ago and u have no idea know what he has done to provide for me and my 2 sisters. he has ****ing worked his ass off for 30 goddam years giving us our own toys for christmass gifts, so if u think that im one of these little punk ass bitches that dosnt understand the value of a dollar and has everything handed to him all day then ur wrong, my dad has done nothing but work for the last 30 years and i respect him for every thing he has ever done for me. ever since i was 10 years old he has taken me to work every summer every saturday and every sunday working 12 hour workdays, walking behind goddam lawn mowers. now if want to help me then help me, dont involve my "Charecter, Self respect, self reliance" or my family because u dont have any idea where im from.

posted by  pete89721

Wow. :clap: You have so much respect for your parents, yet you have none. Little hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

posted by  Mathew

Here's a thought for you Twinkie. I'm sure your parents are fine, hard working, well meaning people. There is no doubt in my mind. You on the other hand are willfully trying to take advantage of those same fine, hard working, well meaning people. That only reaffirms what I said about you earlier and makes your planned deceit even worse.

BTW. Don't you find it ironic that you claim that I've judged your father, which I demonstrably never did, yet you have decided how I live my life because I called you on your plan. Pot, kettle, black.

posted by  vwhobo

"may the one who has not sinned be the one who throws the first stone" and in that i leave this forum on to bigger and better things then supping up my buggy and f ucking my sister

Bye carforums
its been unforgetable

posted by  pete89721

Shows just how much respect you have for your family trying to lie to them. By the way, I believe altering with the odometer reading is a crime. :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

Unless you can say "I'm a changed man", then please just don't talk.

posted by  Mathew

In order to do that, he'd have to lie twice in a four word sentence. Once when he says he's changed and then again when he calls himself a man. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

A joke isnt funny when you have to explain it moron.

posted by  newyorker

You seem to be confused once again Twinkie. A joke is something that is meant to be funny. What I stated is the sad truth. So how about telling us all about your lack of respect for the law, other people's property and how you've reformed yourself. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Oh this is gonna be good... :pop:

posted by  elchango36

Yea..il tell you all in a week when I have access to a computer again. Leaving to London in 30 minutes.

posted by  newyorker

Your Message