Buying a car

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Buying a car

I was wondering what a cheap and fast car would be?

posted by  kantar77

it would be a fast car that doesnt cost much!
sorry, i dont know! what country are you in? that would be alot of help!

posted by  True_Brit

What's a car?

posted by  Benson

umm u looking for domestics? i dunno much about those... but pick 2 of these
CHEAP-FAST-REALIBLE.... pick 2, really hard to find all 3
edit: maybe mustang 5.0? gas would be a killer though

posted by  V-Tec

cheap fast car is an oxymoron.

whats your definition of cheap? and how "fast" are you trying to go?

posted by  jackal2000

Bull friggen shit, they get good gas mileage with the right gears.

posted by  99integra

There's more to better gas mileage than just gearing. Everytime someone mentions something about gas mileage, you come up with your usual response. "With the right gears it won't be bad."

posted by  Benson

That statement displays either your lack of experience, your inability put together a deal/put together a car, your inability to think out of the box or that you work for the government. I think most people would consider $1500 fairly cheap for a car. I also think most people would consider a true 10 second car pretty fast. Put together the two and you have a cheap fast car, just like my old 5.0 Stang, built from two cars and a pile of parts during the course of a few weekend thrashes. And NO, I didn't sell it for that little.

The problem with kantar77 and his "question" is... He hasn't given us his definition of cheap or fast and he'll probably never be back. Just another time waster.

posted by  vwhobo

He no doubt got that phrase from his grandpa or from the other guy he gets his infro from who by his own admission doesn't know that much. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

ok guy. he said he wants to buy one (title of the thread, in case you missed it), not build one. get off your soap box, god damn....

posted by  jackal2000

I know it isn't just the gearing, but that plays a good role for gas mileage, that and driving style etc. etc. so I'm not saying those are the ONLY two things that affects mileage so don't call me out on that. And no most of the shit i hear from my grandpa I process wrong thanks to me not listening..

posted by  99integra

As much as I want to shut up and let Hobo take care of you ont his one, I cant. What hobo said was proving that there is such a thing as a fast cheap car; not that he should go build one...:banghead:

posted by  torinoman80

86 supra MK2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/itrpower/supramk2.jpg

posted by  newyorker

...Ew.

posted by  Pythias

wow you're a piece of work too! didnt hobo say he didnt sell it for cheap? nothing against kantar but he probably doesnt even change his own oil, so for him, fast and cheap dont go together. wtf is so damn hard to understand about that?????

posted by  jackal2000

Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. Unfortunately for you, your post displayed your utter lack of knowledge on a public online forum. Just because you are unable or unwilling to accept the fact that there are cheap and fast cars out there, doesn't make it any less of a fact. I'll have my opportunity to get off my soap box as soon as you and others like you get off your stupid box. Someone has to try to keep the idiots at bay, and on this forum that tends to fall on my shoulders.

posted by  vwhobo

Let me try to break this down for you... The point Hobo and I are trying to make is that there is such a thing as a fast cheap car. I don't know why you're bringing the price he sold the car for into this thread. If it cost him 1500 to build it himself, it would be rediculous to sell it for the same price. Since you seem to have the education of an Elementary School kid, let me give you an example.

Company A manufactures chairs. It costs company A $17.45 to build the chair and 2 hours of labor. Consumer A would like a new chair. He calls Company A and asks for a price; $49.00.

You see Hobo's car cost him time and money. After countless hours of labor, and the money he put into it, he would be a fool to sell it for $1500.

posted by  torinoman80

In case you missed it, he didnt' SPECIFY he didn't want to build it up after he bought it. IN case you didn't realize it, even to BUILD a cheap car, you have to BUY the car you start from.

Hobo BOUGHT the cars he used to build from. So did everyone in the Grassroots Motorsports $200x challenges, where people have BOUGHT cheap cars and BUILT them up for under $2000 total.

In fact, right NOW on the Grassroots Motorsports site there's an early Porsche 928 for sale for $1200. It's a runner, and a driver, though it's been gutted a bit for racing. But, remember, he said a CHEAP and FAST car, not a FULLY EQUIPPED LUXURY CAR WITH A FULL INTERIOR! Nor did he specify it had to be PRETTY or in perfect shape. This one is cheap and fast.

http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=19156

So get off YOUR soapbox and think outside the box...

posted by  ChrisV

you guys are too much lol

posted by  jackal2000

so it wasnt cheap was it? dumbass.

posted by  jackal2000

Can anyone else on this forum get as blatantly dumb as you. Hobo's 'Stang cost him $1500. It was worth much more. So it was cheap. DUMBASS. :banghead:

posted by  torinoman80

First of all you little faggets i do change my own oil i have put in my own engine also. k heres a question i dont care what ****ing kind of car it is. i just want it to be able to drive it fast and fast is fast i dont need to get all ****ing specific and And cheap to me is like 3000g's tops.

posted by  kantar77

First of all you little faggets i do change my own oil i have put in my own engine also. k heres a question i dont care what ****ing kind of car it is. i just want it to be able to drive it fast and fast is fast i dont need to get all ****ing specific and And cheap to me is like 3000g's tops.

posted by  kantar77

Maybe, just maybe, if you were more informative in your first post you would have received better advice. But since you didn't, it becomes every elses fault for trying to figure out your mechanical ability. Next time you ask a question use as much information as possible if you want the most informative results.

Your comment on us being "little faggets" pretty much eliminated you chance of getting any advice here.

Adios.

:EDIT: You only have to post one time, dumbass.

posted by  torinoman80

if you are going to call us faggots please spell it right lol

good luck with your car search!

also, if you are such a motor head you shouldnt need help anyways.

posted by  jackal2000

Really? can you tell me who posted these very words on this forum about 2 1/2 years ago?

You managed to violate that simple and obvious rule, alienate the very people you want help from AND do it in a language other than English, which still remains the official language of this forum. That makes you at a minimum a three time loser. Has anyone in this thread called you a moron yet? Just in case you missed it, this should make it real simple for you.

MORON!

BTW, I just looked up the word "fagget" in the dictionary, and this is what I came up with;

Fagget - noun; A word used by an imbecile who has an IQ lower than the average house plant. For a more specific description, see kantar77.

posted by  vwhobo

:orglaugh:

posted by  torinoman80

:clap: :orglaugh:

posted by  pocko5000

ok if you didnt notice but i never really come to this site thats why i dont reply much and for more specific im not that big into cars. And is it vwhobo or homo. You ****ing little car junky think your the shit well i think your just some ****ing pansy hiding behind a computer lipping people off and putting them down the reason people ****ing come here becuz they dont know alot about cars and theres people who know about cars here so that why im not very specific and i dont care about your little dinky rules **** homo or vwhobo whatever is kiss my ass.

posted by  kantar77

ok if you didnt notice but i never really come to this site thats why i dont reply much and for more specific im not that big into cars. And is it vwhobo or homo. You ****ing little car junky think your the shit well i think your just some ****ing pansy hiding behind a computer lipping people off and putting them down the reason people ****ing come here becuz they dont know alot about cars and theres people who know about cars here so that why im not very specific and i dont care about your little dinky rules fu

posted by  kantar77

Boy, you sure told me. I have no idea what it is you said, but it sure must have made you feel like a badass to say it. Why is it when you want to play tough guy you post the same BS twice? The only purpose it serves is to make you look twice as stupid. Go climb back and your hole. Stay there this time. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Or maybe you could make the inference that, by his statement, he wasn't actually physically reading the threadmakers mind and didn't know WHAT he was looking for, considering he provided little to no information as to what he was shopping for.. Guess you didn't consider that, as crazy as that factor may sound.

What you "think most people would consider" as cheap, isn't necessarily what the threadmaker thinks, and after all, it's about him/her, not you. (O my god, ain't that some shit?) I guess that eluded you somehow. :sleep: :sleep:

posted by  Bronxie

Whart eluded you was that the threadmaker didn't even describe his needs other than "fast and cheap." So it's up to us to discern it. And bronxie, Hobo and I have decades of experience with cars, and with people buying, building, and repairing them. What we "think most people would consider cheap" is mroe than just a random guess and a number pulled out of our asses. It's an educated estimate taken from years of experience. Once you get some experience, that may not elude you anymore.

The person Hobo was resonding to apparently didn't understand how inexpensive a fast car can be. Hobo gave a direct example of how to get a fast car for cheap. So did I. Either you can accept that fast cars can be had for cheap or you can ignore the FACTS given by Hobo and myself. If you choose to argue with us instead, YOU'RE the one that is having things "elude them somehow."

And I notice that the OP came back to the thread and instead of accept the cars that we described as cheap, ignored the example FOR SALE that I posted, and instead chose to argue and insult us because HE failed to give enough information. Combine that complete crap attitude with people like you and jackal who would rather argue with us than shut up and learn something, and it's no wonder that Hobo's (and mine, really) attitude in response is what it is...

posted by  ChrisV

Hey genius,

You just admitted that the threadmaker DIDN'T DESCRIBE WHAT THEY WANTED, so the person asked, 'HOW FAST AND HOW CHEAP?', and vwhobo criticized him for asking. Hello? Are you dense?

I don't give a crap how many years you spent building cars. Do you sell cars? Do you know every consumer? More specifically, do you know this threadmaker? No. You don't.

It's like you didn't even read the post I was quoting. Half the things you make references to are nothing I mentioned.

You might have experience with cars, but next time, learn to read instead of just blab out random responses. That's called life experience. Get some.

Lastly, just want to reiterate that your experience with cars has absolutely nothing to do with someone's interpretation of 'fast and cheap'.

posted by  Bronxie

Well actually dipshit, if you spent more time reading mt first post in this thread and less time playing with your willy, you'd see that I very specifically said;

Allow me to interpret that for you because you're obviously too stupid to comprehend simple sentences. It means that I agreed with that portion of his post. We concurred. We saw eye to eye, which is something you should try once instead of keeping your head shoved up your ass.

While you're lecturing about life experience Twinkie, I know at 17 years of age you think you have the entire world figured out. BUT... When you've done the things we (ChrisV and I) have done, seen the things we've seen and learned the lessons we've learned, then you can pretend to speak to us on the same level. Until then, you're just another know nothing, teenaged wannabe.

Take the dick out of your mouth and join the real world, where people with something worthwhile to contribute do and people like you shut the f*ck up. You know nothing and are nothing. Please do us a favor and go kill yourself, we could use the extra oxygen.

posted by  vwhobo

Dear Mr. Senile,

You obviously must be getting old, because prior to your "concurring" with him, you said,

Are you that old that you just had a brain lapse, or was your brain just out of whack to begin with?

Oh yeah, but you totally agreed with him. What a stupid shit. "When you've done the things we've done", what the **** have you done? You go on a forum 70% of your life because your hips are deteriorating from old age and attempt to insult people you've not only never met before, but people who you never will meet, and, apparently, you get such a hard-on off it, you do it even when you're the dumb shit who made the error.

No accountability in life, because it's easier to make yourself feel better about being a miserable old loser by putting the blame on other people for your own senile mistakes.

I mean how do you even make that mistake? You write one paragraph disagreeing, then old age kicks in and you proceed to write a second paragraph agreeing the same thing you had just disagreed.

I don't even think my grandfather would do that. You just must be genuinely brain-****ed, and judging by your posts, I'm sure that's hardly far off.

Next time, be more patient and actually read what you're typing rather than blowing random infinite amounts of thoughts out your ass.

posted by  Bronxie

Thank you for proving my point. You chose to read and comprehend only the part that you think supports your arguement. Unfortunately for you, when taken in context to the statement he made, it makes perfect sense AND is correct. I stated the in response to;

Wait a minute, that f*cks up everything you've bitched about. Moron. Go live some life, go get a clue (have mommy buy one for you), grow up. You are small and insignificant.

posted by  vwhobo

I thought you were referring to the part where he said, "how cheap is cheap and how fast do you want to go?"

my mistake, apologies for causing a scene.

posted by  Bronxie

I gotta, tell you, I almost fell out of my chair when I read that. How refreshing. Accepted.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message