Help Me Pick Out The Right Car.

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Help Me Pick Out The Right Car.

Hey, I have narrowed my search down to a few cars and was wondering if I could get some feedback on them. I'm looking for a "fast" FWD car that could handle decent in the snow, as I live in NE MN. Feel Free to add some recomendations, Under $4,000 or a little higher and I might be able to find one. I know, but these cars except the Talon are at a dealer that has incrediably cheap prices. Thanks Much.

1997 Bonneville SSEI 93k $3,300
1998 Bonneville SSE 95k $3,000
1997 Monte Carlo LS 120k $3,975
1999 Monte Carlo Z34 120k $3,975
1997 Chrysler LXI 109k $1,995
1997??? Dodge Avenger 120k Not Sure
1995 Eagle Talon TSI FWD 118k $4,100

posted by  Martini_2155

Monte Carlo Z34

posted by  Pythias

Okay, Thanks, the SSEI might be a 1998, I'm not sure. So even with the Supercharger in the Bonneville the Z34 would be just as fast? The Z34 doesn't have a Supercharger does it?

posted by  Martini_2155

Premium gas=bleh

posted by  99integra

Alright, so nobody else has any input for me. I haven't just narrowed it down to those few but that's what I've found so far. So if you have some other models in mind let me know please. Thanks Much.

posted by  Martini_2155

Talon TSI for sure. Thats the only worthwhile car on that list.

posted by  PontiacFan27

maybe if it was AWD.

posted by  jackal2000

Okay Thanks, Keep your opinions coming. Can you guys tell me how fast each of these cars are, like 0-60, 1/4 Mile and Top Speed. Thanks.

posted by  Martini_2155

From a roll the FWD will beat on the AWD all day. AWD only helps with launching and in snow, otherwise its just a weight problem. FWD are still good. Everyone loves the SRT-poors and they're FWD. At least the Talon looks good.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Let's not forget about the main issue here guys lol.:thumbs:

posted by  Martini_2155

I would go for the Talon or the Avenger, but thats mainly personal preference.

posted by  Benson

A Talon TSI, or an ugly non-turbo Talon wannabe. Right, hard choice.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I still say the Z34 over the bonneville, and especially, IMO, a Talon.

posted by  Pythias

Personally, I like the SSEI. It's roomy, got some go to it, and IMHO it looks good. The Talon is nice too, but since it is the oldest car, has 25K more miles than the Bonny, and is the most expensive, I'm not too crazy about it. Also, you should be able to google the performance #s for those cars.

If you like those cars you might want to check out Taurus SHOs.

posted by  giant016

Why would you want a slow car instead of a not slow car?

posted by  PontiacFan27

Hondas run pretty well in the snow and I am pretty sure almost all of them are fwd.

Look at this car. '98 civic sedan with 1 mile on it for 4k.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=205843813&dealer_id=1362540&ca r_year=1998&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=both&num_records=&make=HONDA&d istance=0&model=CIVIC&address=10580&certified=&advanced=&max_price=4000&bkm s=1156208980227&min_price=2500&end_year=2002&start_year=1994&lang=en&cardis t=21

Don't know if that's a good deal, but maybe civics are cars to check out.

posted by  Bronxie

1 mile on the car in 8 years? Most likely an error, if it isn't, I'm not so sure I'd want a car that has been sitting 8 years. Plus it doesn't really match the other cars he said he liked.

posted by  giant016

If I was going to get a FWD with decent performance, I would probably be looking at hondas.

And yeah the ad is probably errored. lol

posted by  Bronxie

I know people have different definitions of performance, but that's a new low to me. That is about as slow as slow gets. Not saying it's a bad car, but it should be right near the bottom of the list along with "tricycle" when it comes to performance.

The Civic Si and S2000 are IMO performance oriented, but not a stock 1998 Civic.

posted by  giant016

You're right, sorry. I forgot that older civics are mad slow and have like 1.1 liter engines under the hood.

I had the newer civics in my mind for some reason.

posted by  Bronxie

and 1400's, 1600's and 1800's

posted by  True_Brit

Yes!

It's also a sedan if I read that right :orglaugh: . If you want honda, get a civic hb or an si coupe.

posted by  ALBi

Thanks everybody for all of your input. I'm going to go check out some on Monday and I'll let you know if I get one.

posted by  Martini_2155

Your Message