1993 Ford Taurus SHO 1/4 mile time (stock)

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1993 Ford Taurus SHO 1/4 mile time (stock)

Does anyone know what the quater mile time for a STOCK 1993 Ford Taurus SHO (ATX) would be? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Yes, Im finally getting one :smoke:

posted by  SlipKnoT

For this specific a question you might want to check shoforum.com also if you can find one get an MTX the Taurus had enough trouble killing transmissions and the 3.2 yamaha motor only made the problem worse. But my 94 MTX ran a 15.1 with nothing but me and an 1/8 tank of gas in the car. Honestly make sure you are willing to put time into the car if you are going to buy it. But I say this one year into ownership having replaced an alternator and a left front motor mount.

posted by  skeetin870

Well, I've already TECHNICALLY got it, and its an ATX. We just have to pay for it. It wont start though. The motor turns, but we think it needs a new starter. But hey, we got it for $200 so its a good deal.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Um well just cause you got it for cheap doesnt mean it will be trust me I got mine in damn near perfect condition for 2500. Good tires decent brakes, new clutch, struts, radio, 60k service numero dos. I all needed to do was replace a camshaft position sensor but trust me it hasnt been all fun. Just have deep pockets and lots of tools.

posted by  skeetin870

Well, the only reason I got it so cheap is because my dad manages a new car dealership here and it was a trade in. So he can get it for a minimal amount of money. The engine ran fine last time one of the lot guys parked it where it is now. No knocks or anything horrible. He did say though that it does a very slight miss.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Make sure it has ahd its 60k services done as the are probably the most important thing you can do for the car. It is ALOT of work though.

posted by  skeetin870

I'll make sure of that. Its got around 110,000 miles on it. So its only about 10,000 away from the 120k service.

Just so I know what the 60 and 120k maintainece consists of, could you run me through the details and everything that gets replaced? It would be alot of help.

posted by  SlipKnoT

IF the motor turns over when you turn the key then the starter isn't the problem. Spark or Fuel, its gotta be one of those.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Shoforum.com and do a search also just type in 60k service SHO in google and you will have your answers its too much to list off the top of my head.

posted by  skeetin870

Alright. Thanks. As soon as I get it I plan on checking everything out, cleaning the air box, getting a new K&N filter, and replacing the plugs and wires, as well as doing an oil change with Mobil 1.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Yes make sure you change the oil, my friend told me to, but I didn't get a chance to and I should've, low oil light came out not long after.

posted by  Pythias

Your Message