dodge viper vs ford gt

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  dodge viper vs ford gt

me and my friend keep arguing about this. which one is faster? i think it's the ford gt

posted by  jaredmt

Instead of arguing about something that is not objective, but rather factual, why not look it up?

posted by  Mathew

ok i just did like a ten minute research and i found that ford gt has 215 mph top speed and dodge viper venom 600 (fastest model i found so far) gets 205 mph. so as of now i win the arguement until someone finds a stock viper that is faster

posted by  jaredmt

Newsflashs for a tard.

1. The Viper Venom (notice the use of proper capitalization) is not a "stock Viper". It is a Viper that has been modified, which of course is why it's called a Venom Viper instead of just a Viper.

2. If the GT could actually do 215 mph, Ford would trumpet that from the top of the highest building in Detroit. The problem is it can't. Not even in their own tests. Don't believe me? Just look here (http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_display.cfm?release=18486).

posted by  vwhobo

1. The Viper Venom is not stock...thats a Hennessey project. And if you were looking for that, you would find a Viper Venom 1100...producing over 1100 horsepower and a top speed of over 250mph.

2. http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2006-ASC-Diamondback-Viper-McLaren.htm

2006 ASC Diamondback Viper McLaren. 615bhp, 3.5 0-60. Hellishly cheaper then a Ford GT, coming in at just over 80K US, as compared to around the 150K mark for the Ford GT.

Edit: While doing the numbers game, vwhobo beat me on the Viper Venom ;)

posted by  dodgerforlife

ok in that case the fastest stock viper that i found so far is 190mph. it's the viper srt10. is there a faster one than that?

posted by  jaredmt

You sir, are a ****ing idiot. How about you look again at my post, where I so helpfully posted a link to a 615hp STOCK VIPER.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I'll save the idiot comment, but... The car you posted a link to IS NOT a stock Viper. It is a professionally aftermarket modified Viper. That's why it's called an ASC Diamondback Viper powered by McLaren. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

where on that page does it give u top speed?! it was unavailable. im talkin about stock cars that have been tested and have an official top speed. so right back at ya on the idiot comment. and excuse me for being new, i dont know much about cars if u havent figured out so cut me a break. just tell me what the fastestest OFFICIAL top speed is for a stock viper and same for ford gt. that's all i care about. so far i got 190 for viper and 205 for gt.

posted by  jaredmt

Who the f*ck are you talking to, MORON?

posted by  vwhobo

who u think im talkin to stupid? lol just cus i didn't copy the quotes, u can't figure out who im talkin to? come on, seriously....
once again, gt is the fastest untill someone finds me an article about a stock viper that has an official top speed of over 190 mph.

posted by  jaredmt

this is going to be a long discussion

posted by  Leech3030

o sweet, i just found the article that means i win.
http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/toptens/fastest/cars.html
GT ranked 3rd fastest and the viper comes in 9th.

posted by  jaredmt

Well, not really. Did Forbes magazine (admittedly one of the most influential automotive publications in the world :doh:) test these cars, or did they "gather the data" and compile it from different sources? I know you don't know, but the rest of us do.

Don't they give you sixth graders enough homework to fill your time anymore?

posted by  vwhobo

Why does top speed matter anyways?

But if you want to know which is BETTER, edmunds.com conducted a test comparing the viper, gt and corvette z06, running various performance tests.

z06 came in first (ironically, because it's the cheapest one). GT came in second, and the viper came in last.

SORRY: wrong link. Let me find the right one.

And for those who don't know (jaredmt), edmunds.com is a credible source of information. If you do google an unfamiliar site, make sure to google at least a few other sites to compare info.

posted by  Bronxie

Here's an old test showing the viper getting owned by a cobra and a corvette z06.. from 2001 I believe.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=45197

This is the 2003 test between a corvette z06, svt cobra, and a dodge viper

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=89505/pageId =46006

This is the 2006 test, between a ford gt, dodge viper and corvette z06...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=108567

In conclusion, the viper gets owned in all three, thus leaving us the assumption that the viper it inferior to other similar vehicles.

posted by  Bronxie

hey there's all these modified vipers like the Venom Viper 1100 that, as someone said, has 1100 hp and gets over 250 mph. does anyone know of any faster modified ford GTs? just out of curiousity.

edit:
i just looked at the hennessey website and they also did a modification of the gt. as fars as mods the viper wins. their gt twin turbo has 850 hp and 240 top speed. the venom twin turbo srt coupe gets 1000 hp and 255 top speed. but who else does mods for fast cars like thes other than hennessey?

posted by  jaredmt

No, and the Ford GT beats the Viper, of course the GT is onyl about twice as much as the Viper, anyway there's your answer now let this thread die in peace.

posted by  Pythias

Top speed matters to some people. Which is "better" will always vary from person to person. A stock Ford GT is faster than a stock Dodge Viper.

Accufab modifies Ford GT's for relatively cheap. Never heard of any as powerful as the Hennessey Viper. Hennessey also modifies Ford GT's but I've never heard of them building a 1000+ hp example. I'm sure they'll build you one if you payed enough. The Accufab Ford GT that was tested in Motor Trend made 720 hp. Why is everyone so bitter.

posted by  Monsta

thank you for repeating what was already established :doh:

posted by  Stem

I didn't know someone mentioned Accufab or a Hennessey Ford GT.

I repeated some things, but I added to the discussion. But my repeats are worth more than first time words so it really was worth it for you to read my re-writings of others. I am gold. Thank you for adding to the topic.

posted by  Monsta

Little joke I heard yesterday, seems relevant:

"If a hood falls off of a Viper in Hennessey's shop, and nobody is there to hear it...does it still belong to the owner?"

posted by  giant016

:clap: Brilliant. Although it should be "If a Viper pulls into Henessey's shop, does anything on it still belong to the owner?"

posted by  PontiacFan27

There was a major thread about him on corral.net/forums awhile back, about 8/10 customers get their cars parted out and sold off, it's crazy, there have been legal suits against him and other thigns, but he's still in buisness. Trash.

posted by  Pythias

heffner claims they can get up to 1900hp with their stage 3 twin turbo system for the viper srt10
http://heffnersperformance.com/twinturbosystems.htm

thats messed up. i doubt that car would even be stable enough to define it's top speed.

posted by  jaredmt

If you click any of the other links on the left nav, there are no vehicles with those upgrades :laughing:

posted by  Bronxie

Probably because Viper owners actually want to be able to drive their cars.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I mean it says they work on lamborghinis, ferraris, etc., but the only cars in any of the links that they supposedly worked on and sell are vipers.

posted by  Bronxie

The pages for the Viper are incomplete as well. Everything but the twin-turbo upgrade has nothing on it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Yeah, that's what I meant. :P

posted by  Bronxie

Your Message