Dodge Ram 1500

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Dodge Ram 1500

What are the normal "downsides" to these trucks? I've been looking into getting one.. but I hear they have tranny problems... is it true?

posted by  Metzger

Does this truck have any particular year and powertrain, or is this just one of those questions that is so general in nature as to be basically unanswerable?

posted by  vwhobo

98-01 Dodge Ram 4x4... probably goin to be a sport

posted by  Metzger

bump.. help plz

posted by  Metzger

Fuel consumption? :mrgreen:

posted by  Cliffy

lol well i need a truck... but yea jus wondering of typical problems with the previous mentioned Dodges

posted by  Metzger

You were asked about year and powertrain. You managed to narrow down the age of the truck and a trim level, but all we know about the powertrain is 4WD. You have three different engines (3.9, 5.2, 5.9), two different types of transmissions (5-speed manual, automatic) and even two different automatics depending on the year. If YOU want information, YOU have the responsibility to give us something to work with. My crystal ball isn't working today. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Let me see here.. I really don't know.. I was looking into them... I just want to know typical problems that dodge trucks have all together.. Not just one in particular.. I'm trying to see if any of them are atleast somewhat reliable.

posted by  Metzger

Just pick a particular setup and ask about it. This is about as lame as "my truck isnt working, whats wrong with it?"

However, many Dodge owners I have talked to have complained about the electrical system in all the cars, trucks, and vans produced by Dodge/Chrysler. This holds for me as well, it seems that after 10yrs the electrical system just decides it needs to be flushed down the toilet. :2cents:

posted by  davsmitty

the trannys are junk. even when they are well taken care of they are iffy. if you absolutly have to have one get the powertrain looked at by a certified tech, not some "fly by the seat of his pants" idiot.

posted by  glagon1979

Your Message