my '98 neon

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  my '98 neon

well heres my (POS) '98 neon, well actually its my dads right now but he's giving it to me when i get my license... anyways heres pics
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3846/picture038xt3.jpg
heres the engine.
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9048/enginecx1.jpg
stock except for the cold air intake... and it has a kenwood radio set thing in it too :P
:laughing:

posted by  poser priest

thats not cold air intake. thats a warm air..i know because i had a neon as well...it sits right over the exhaust manifold. they can be nice cars.

posted by  newyorker

oh i wondered why the filter wasnt out more in the front like other cars.... thanks for that bit of information o.o

posted by  poser priest

The only intakes (real cold air) were the iceman intakes for our cars, but they are discontiniued. I know a little ghetto intake you can make that actualy works..IM me at UltimateTuner10 for more information. Will only cost you about 50-60 bux

posted by  newyorker

Step 1: Get that engine bay cleaned.
Step 2: Get an alarm. It's so easy to get into the 1st gens, pull the window out, slip a coat hanger in, boom, you're in.
Step 3: Get either a Ram air or true cold air. Look on Ebay. The Iceman is still available, some is old stock that's being cleared out, or used. Join a few of the different Neon forums around and you'll find a wealth of information.
Step 4: Get diamond clear headlights, trust me, the difference is astounding.
Step 5: Get some half-assed decent rims.

Another note: How many miles are on the car?

Kind of OT: newyorker, why the hell are you still saying "our car"? You sold the Neon for an import.

posted by  dodgerforlife

whoops

yea sorry

for the list
Iceman can be found used
DEPO diamond clears can be found on modernperformance.com
Alarm is a must. First gens are VERY easy to steal...then again i dont know why someone would want one

posted by  newyorker

doesnt mean they gotta steal the car im sure they make a buck or two off the radio and some other shit you know?

posted by  Andrew0261

true...better safe than sorry

posted by  newyorker

yeah, i probably will, once i get a job. i dont want my kenwood radio stolen o.o :banghead:

posted by  poser priest

Not even just the CD player...but some punkass kid takes it on a joyride and totals it on you.....thats against your insurance :|

Again though, how many miles are on the car?

posted by  dodgerforlife

is it automatic or manual?

posted by  newyorker

Speaking of alarms, im getting the python 460hp installed in my car as we speak

posted by  newyorker

I got the full package Arctic Start RT2W900FMR put into my car, with the keyless entry, trunk, audio sensor(glass breaking detector), battery backup siren(if you cut main power cable theres a secondary alarm horn that goes off on it's own battery), and a motion sensor(basically a tilt sensor in case it's tried to be towed).

Arctic Start is the Canadian version of Compustar, one of the top alarm/starter brands out there. I think they recently changed their name from Arctic Start to NuStart, but it's still the same thing.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well they told me that to set up the trunk release to the AUX button would cost me 140 more. FU*K that!

posted by  newyorker

it has alot of miles on it

posted by  poser priest

Alot as in above average, or alot as in excessive? :wink2:

Tip: Go and look....maybe :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

too lazy o.o xD

posted by  poser priest

Your Message