Read

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Read

My frend az got a civic with 1500bph!!11!
Dis IS tha truth!!!1
He bort it for 500$ changd the exorst an put nos in all 4
weels. its so fast that he needs a speshal lisense to driv it.
he raysd a viper 1000tt yesterday and the viper got OWNED.
it duz kwarter miles in 7 secons and duz 260mph wen geerd gud.
my frend sez he is gona get 6 turbows on it
tomorow....,,.so i h8 to think wha kinda crazi powa it will be pullin.

No domastic can beet it. its 2 fast!!!11!!

tha body kit is speshul as well. it got a maffis spoyler so
it dont take offf tha floor!!1

http://thor.prohosting.com/rep234/civic_blueyel3.jpg

:thumbs:

posted by  ownage-car

AND DONT tELL me that yor amarican carz can get N E were as fast coz u be liing to yor sefl.

it wil be all over the interweb soon coz its 1 of tha fastist carz eva fo sho!!1

posted by  ownage-car

Please tell me this is a joke. :ohcrap:

posted by  RedPhoenix

oh boy... :ohcrap:

posted by  Unfedfat

It has to be a joke, nobody could be that stupid. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

...wow, i wish i was as cool as this kid :roll:

posted by  mazda6man

More Ghetto... :sleep:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Well, if :tard:wnage-car's mate is as good with the keyboard as he is..I dread to think what he's like with the spanners :screwy:

posted by  Cliffy

I thought maybe for a second he was foriegn, but.. maybe i gave him too much credit :mrgreen:

posted by  Psywar

What a JOKE!!!!! 1500 BHP more like 150 BHP!!! I mean the Buggatti Veyron has got only a bit over 1000 BHP thats with a W16 4 turbo engine!!! And 'Nos in all 4 wheels' and a 'change of exhaust gunna' give u 1500 BHP... IN YOUR DREAMS!!! U probably doesn't even know wat Nos is!!!

posted by  NitrousOxide

You're probably right. Now's your chance to give as a full dissertation on it and how it works.

By the way, since you don't seem to know, "Nos" or more correctly NOS is a brand name. Along with your next reply perhaps you can tell us what the proper chemical designation is.

posted by  vwhobo

Yes I could do, I could write an 20 page essay on that... But I haven't got the time, so I'll have to keep it brief. Maybe you could put it in your Gearhead Garage VW Hobo???

posted by  NitrousOxide

That is a perfect example of question avoidance. How about explaining it in 100 words or less. Keep it brief and keep it simple.

posted by  vwhobo

I see... I think you forgot to take your medication... :banghead:

So, you would like to compare a modified "1500" bhp with a stock American car? :banghead: Not really the point.. :banghead: Now lets compare a drag prepared American with your "1500" bhp (as if that were even possible :banghead: ) ricer... Ohhh... I'm soooooo sorry. :doh: Yes your ass will be sore for a few days.. :hi: You know why? Because you have just recieved a severe beating... :banghead: TWAT
(i would provide figures to back it up but your not worth it... :fu: )

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

There are three main points. First, nitrous oxide is comprised of 2 parts nitrogen and one part oxygen (about 36% oxygen by weight). When the nitrous oxide is heated to approximately 572 degrees F, 300 Degrees C (on compression stroke), it breaks down and release extra oxygen, so it means that more oxygen is available during combustion. Because you have more oxygen, you can also inject more fuel, allowing the same engine to produce more power. Nitrous oxide is one of the simplest ways to provide a significant horsepower boost to any gasoline engine. By burning more fuel, higher cylinder pressures are created and this is where most of the additional power is realized. Secondly, as pressurized nitrous oxide is injected into the intake manifold, it changes from a liquid to a gas (boils). This boiling affect reduces the temperature of the nitrous to a minus .127 Degrees F. This "cooling affect" in turn significantly reduces intake charge temperatures by approximately 60-75 Degrees F. This also helps create additional power. A general rule of thumb: For every 10 Degrees F. reduction in intake charge temperature, a 1% increase in power will be realized. Example: A 350 HP engine with an intake temperature drop of 70 Degrees F, would gain approximately 25 HP on the cooling affect alone. The third point, the nitrogen that was also released during the compression stroke performs an important role. Nitrogen acts to "buff or dampen" the increased cylinder pressures leading to a controlled combustion process.
The only problem with nitrous oxide is that it is fairly bulky, and the engine needs a lot of it. Like any gas, it takes up a fair amount of space even when compressed into a liquid. A 5-liter engine running at 4,000 rotations per minute (rpm) consumes about 10,000 liters of air every minute (compared to about 0.2 liters of gasoline), so it would take a tremendous amount of nitrous oxide to run a car continuously. Therefore, a car normally carries only a few minutes of nitrous oxide, and the driver uses it very selectively by pushing a button.

Any questions just ask me :laughing:

posted by  NitrousOxide

Sorry, cut and paste doen't count. My fault for not saying so.

posted by  vwhobo

Im sorry but I really don't have the time VWHobo, you have to understand mate. Being a university student doing a MPhil in Physical Chemistry is hard you know. I'll try to find some time to write it myself.

posted by  NitrousOxide

Did he run out of air? :hi:

posted by  DodgeRida67

all i have to say is the following:

ownage-car = :tard:

posted by  SuperJew

exactly what everyone was thinking. :screwy:

posted by  Satty101

I have a question... you say 1500 HP huh? seems to me like thats a little much for an import car with a shady transmision... what kind of transmision did he have to drop in it to handle all that power? OH... yeah, and I'd also like to know what kind of rubber he had on the road, "cause with that kindof power, in order to smoke a viper 1000tt he'd almost need drags. So, fill us in with more details plz...
:fu:

posted by  BYOB-EPIPHANY

i dont think youre going to get any answers, because by the looks of it... hes not here any more

posted by  mazda6man

I don't think he was all here to begin with.. lol.. :banghead: :screwy: :mrgreen:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

good point...

posted by  BYOB-EPIPHANY

Wow, some of you guys are very direct twords the newbs and fonnies. :thumbs:

posted by  DragonMaster

Let this serve as a lesson... :laughing:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Excellent information sir! I didn't know the chemistry behind N2O. I knew it to be a fuel additive though. Thanks for the kick-ass FAQ.

posted by  93GrandAm

Not to burst your bubble, Sir 93GrandAm, but NitrousOxide didn't write that. Kudos to him- he has exhibited his copying and pasting skills most masterfully. Obviously you overlooked his admittance to.... NOT WRITING IT!!! Ten points on that one.... :stupid:

posted by  Patrick

Um...we already established that one, look below for the late vwhobo's verdict, God bless his soul :soul:

posted by  Cliffy

ya know...... i think that the whole point of this thread was to just have a stupid ass thread where everyone could make a dumbass out of themselves just for kicks :P, but everyone got so tangled up in taking the poor guy so seriously, that he got bored n left :D

he was probably just bored n wanted to see wether u would all follow his lead or take him seriously and try to flame him, and as usual, end up flaming each other :P

posted by  Inygknok

http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/obvious.jpg

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message