lookin at a saturn

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  lookin at a saturn

hi thanks for the replys on the integra thats a car im stayin away from
im lookin at a saturn sc1 i think it maybe a sc2 but im not shure i would like info on it its a 96 rear spoiler power windows locks 160000 miles and they want 1800 for it i bluebooked bolth the models they where 1650 for the sc1 and 1940 for the sc2 the interieor is good except the driver seat whitch looks like a hipo sat in it its broken down bigtime cracked and worn but not faded to bad its auto transmition and it runs pretty good no mechanical problems needs a new coat of paint but the body is in really good condition few little dents no biggie any info on power and possable prices for insurance would be great because i have a really tight budget thanks :thumbs:

posted by  nate wesselink

My goodness, I don't see how you got all that out in one breath but apparently, you did.

Insurance isn't going to be terribly expensive on either of those. I can't really give you a price because it depends on your amount of coverage, your prior record, and your insurance company. However, I feel that you would be better off in the Integra that you mentioned earlier than this car, if you can get the owner to lower the price. Reason being that the car you describe here sounds fairly run-down cosmetically to me, even if it is running well. A car owner that lets one aspect (in this case cosmetically) of their car slip is more likely to let the car slide by mechanically. The seat, which I'm guessing is leather, really shouldn't be that badly damaged if it had recieved any care at all in the past 10 years. This guides my mindset. 160,000 miles is a lot, particularly considering that you're in the position of having to trust that the previous owner did all the required maintenance on schedule. The car could easily last you years, or it could die on you tomorrow. You need to find out how often (if they have documentation that would be great) this car was serviced. And if you don't mind it being a little shabby, then, go for it.

As far as power, here is what you will be looking at with the SC1 and the SC2:

SC1: 100 hp/114 lb-ft torque
SC2: 124 hp/122 lb-ft torque

Expect to get about mid to high 20s in the city and mid to high 30s on the highway.

Reliability ratings on this car is 5/5, so provided the car is in good shape to begin with, you should have relatively little trouble with it.

posted by  hondaman

thanks alot that helps me out tremendously i found out that its an sc2 and kbb.com priced it for the condition a little over 2000 but the seat is as boken down as 40 year old army jeep hit with a mortar round thats a little exaggerated but not by mutch i can feel the seat pan when i test drove it and i only weigh 240 im also looking at a honda accord 89 200000 miles the shifter needs fixed it wont go into 5th or reverse the interieors better than the saturn but thats only because the driver seat isnt broken down needs paint they want 1100 blue book is 1080 so thats good the dealership said theyd fix the shifter so im not worried about that any info on the honda or more info on the saturn would be great :thumbs:

P.S the integras owner wont go any lower so ive kinda given up on that car and im not to good at putting in puncuation i just get my word out and call it good

A few periods here and there would help.

posted by  Mathew

anyone who has any other opinions or personal experences post em i need the info to decide weither to get the saturn or a datsun

Why so limited? And why Datsun, not Nissan? Are you looking at a particular car?

posted by  Mathew

i have a friend that knows a guy that had some for sale but i wouldnt mind owning a nissan i mean there good cars but i think that the datsuns have a little bit more appeal and more power but a nissan 240sx would be great because i really like those cars but i cant find any that dont have any big problems in my budget and i cant find any in northwest arkansas and before you crack out the incest jokes i just moved here and its not true beleve me its not

So does this mean you like having sex with your relatives?

posted by  Mathew

:fu: man i just moved here and no i dont i want people to kill that steriotype because for one its wrong and its immoral so:fu:

So you're saying you do have sex with your relatives?

posted by  Mathew

Your Message