What do you Think...Magnum SXT AWD vs Trailblazer?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  What do you Think...Magnum SXT AWD vs Trailblazer?

Ok, here is the deal I had a lil argument with my Uncle and Cousin about how they think my other Cousin's '02 Trailblazer would kick my '06 Magnum SXT's ass. I said it maybe close, but I think I would come out with the win due to lower stance. What do you think?

posted by  DakotaDave

What kinda race is this? Is this a street race with turns and stuff or just a straight-line drag?

posted by  StiMan

is the magnum a suv?, i know what a trailblazer is, theres one floating around the city where i live!
i just want to know whats what!

posted by  True_Brit

http://db.theautochannel.com/db/as_images/MAGNUM1.JPG
magnum^

http://www.elepent.com/photos/chevrolet/trailblazer.jpg

trailblazer^

the magnum is faster but the trailblazer will be better at... blazing trails lol

posted by  nighthawk

well, theyre both big, heavy, american cars ( :laughing: ) but id say the magnum would be better for a straight line! (nothing else)

posted by  True_Brit

I like the new Trail Blazer SS

http://www.columbianshop.com/_images/2006NewVehicles/chevrolet/TrailBlazer( SS).jpg

http://www.autobytel.com/images/2006/Chevrolet/TrailBlazerSS_staff/400/06_C hevrolet_TrailblazerSS_13.jpg

posted by  newyorker

Your magnum would kick the blazer's ass. Here's why.
1: Magnum V8 vs. the Blazer's 6.
2: Lower stance=better handling. Higher stance=poor handling.
3: The Magnum is a pseudo-muscle car. The Blazer is a middle-of-the-road soccer mom-mobile.
4: Dodge vs. Chevy. 'nuff said.

posted by  smallangryneon

1. the magnum SXT has a 250 hp v6

2.true enough

3. i guess

4. im not usually the one who points out ignorance, or should i say bias

posted by  nighthawk

I voted Magnum.....Great looking car and the V8 should be sufficient with the weight of it, too!

posted by  Cliffy

but nighthawk says the SXT has a 250bhp V6 so that has sort of changed my mind a little, how powerful is the blazer??? how heavy etc

posted by  True_Brit

im also too lazy to google it :laughing:

0-60 for the base v8 magnum is 6.5 secs
so for the v6 im guessing around 7.5-8 or maybe less

and the trailblazer has a 200something horse I6 with 300 lb-ft of torque
0-60 in around 8 seconds, its heavier than the magnum by at least 4 or 500 lbs too

posted by  nighthawk

Oh yeah....I overlooked that bit, lol. I just assumed it was a V8, like the 300C etc!

posted by  Cliffy

like most yank tanks!:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

Yes....not necessarily a bad thing though, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Not all 300c's come with a V-8...All LX models (Charger, Magnum, and 300c) come in 6 or 8 cyl.

posted by  DakotaDave

yeah we know lol

posted by  nighthawk

But the Brits may not lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

i for one agree!
but as the days roll on, ill get to know the differences etc as more and more american cars invade england like the cadillac srx, chrysler 300c etc etc

posted by  True_Brit

I agree. I tend to associate large US cars (like the 300C), with alrge V8 engines....my mistake, lol

posted by  Cliffy

really, with alrge engines, theres another misake!:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

Ok, I'll give you that one, lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well I'm the same way as both of you.. when it comes to the vehicles you have in England that is lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

i suppose you associate uk/euro cars with teeny weeny engines!?!

posted by  True_Brit

For the most part yes.. but mainly because I've heard how expensive it is to run a car there (not just 'petrol' prices lol).

But you do have some nice cars in England, I'd love to go there one time.

posted by  car_crazy89

I go there every summer!

posted by  witty gp

where abouts???

id like to go to the usa one time! m mum has a ford expedition with a tuned 5litre v8 so i want a ride in that!:laughing:
apart from that, i think the changes in scenery would be nice!

posted by  True_Brit

I too wouldn't mind going to the US sometime (preferably California or Florida).. I've never actually been out of Ontario, Canada. One day I'll make it out to England, it would be a great experience :mrgreen: . You would like it here, depending where exactly you went

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message