Specs on a Cop issue Crown Vic?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Specs on a Cop issue Crown Vic?

Anyone know the specs on a Cop issue Crown Vic or have any driving experience/advice with them? I might buy one. Thanks.

posted by  JasCar

Maybe if you'd introduce yourself before posting people would be more than willing to help you. HINT HINT!

posted by  Satty101

all i know is that theyre powerful (because apart from that... i dont know

posted by  mazda6man

Ah sorry that slipped my memory! I introduced myself.

posted by  JasCar

AS most people say, google is your friend. Try this
http://www.mitchsplace.com/crownvicmuscle/cvpics.html#charles_99

posted by  lectroid

Don't they strip them of all the "good stuff" prior to reselling their cruisers?

posted by  BavarianWheels

Ya...by the time they sell them they are old POC...

posted by  StiMan

Yeah, they have been thrashed and crashed.. Watch the police chases and see how they stop the other cars..! :screwy:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

It's always amazed me the way they drive their cars...if our coppers done that they'd be sacked lol

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah.. and they would probably get sued... Have you looked on your forum? :mrgreen: i asked you a question about the advanced driving test... :hi: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Gee...over here everything is sooo polically correct you have codes for ethnic groups..ie; IC1=Coloured..let olone go crashing motors into each other lol..and, Yes, I PM'd you over there too lol

posted by  Cliffy

Did you.. ahh.. there isn't the instant alert so i didn't notice.. :doh:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

LOL...Ok, who stole my post?!? It's gone!

edit: ok...it was returned..sorry :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

The same dodgy people who caused the bobbies to come round you estate...! :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

thieving little toerags :hi:

*makes mental note: must set example, must not spam*

posted by  Cliffy

A tad late for that old chap...

posted by  StiMan

My cousin got one from an auction. The car was in really good shape even though it was 8 years old when he got it. Like most everyone has said before, police maintain their crusiers very well.

posted by  Voda48

Umm...they dont here.... :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

Well it might make a difference what state it is. I mean here in Wisconsin the only high speed chases that cops participate in involve people speeding to the grocery store to get more beer :mrgreen:

posted by  Voda48

Yes, they do maintain them well. However, they drive the sh*t out of them. They have a heavy foot on both pedals.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Ive dirven a 96 crown vic with an interceptor engine they really haul but the cops are so hard on them they break down really ezily
pros: smog exempt :mrgreen:

posted by  79-Cheyenne

Here high speeds end in either death/ crash or a crazy hick-ville shootout...

posted by  StiMan

I'd still like to know how your cops in the US manage to keep their jobs with the way they drive lol :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

Because their bosses drive the same way... :screwy: :mrgreen: :screwy: :mrgreen: :screwy:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Cops in th US (literally)can almost get away with murder. Seems to me, most of the laws don't apply to them, for some reason :cussing:

posted by  lectroid

Having friends that are on several different police forces I can say with authority...

They are taught in the Police Acadamy to drive that way. Cops are not defensive drivers. And come one who doesn't like watching the chases on COPS, I love it.

posted by  Enan

Our cops in the UK are taught to drive in pretty much the same way..only difference is, Police over here tend to keep the cars in average condition :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah, right :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

Over here the only reason they can (sometimes) get away with murder and the law is because they are the law...they keep thier jobs cuz they were taught to drive like that cuz criminals over here are crazy, stupid, maniacs that cant control a...anything...

posted by  StiMan

They are taught to drive that way but there have been policy changes in several departments in the US concerning the driving especially in pursuit situations due to the number of law suits filed over others being hurt in accidents as a result of some of these chases.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of city miles.

posted by  Arthur

Over here in the UK the cops go for the turboed Volvo's like the V70's. Dont seem to see them for sale come to think of it.......

posted by  Car Nirvana

That's because you haven't been lookin' :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

They have to sell them eventually so as to not be outdone by the competition... :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Your Message