Chevy Volt

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Chevy Volt

Chevrolet are to build an electric powered car hybrid with a 3cyl 1litre engine (based on the Vauxhall Corsa) and the chassis is based on the Vauxhall Astra
it will hit 122mph top and cover about 45miles on the electric motor but the petrol motor doesnt drive it, it acts as a petrol generator and does over 100miles per gallon used!
click me! (http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_official_picture.php?sid=370&page=1)

posted by  True_Brit

I saw that on the news the other day...It looks interesting. Reminds me of the Volkswagen Ecoracer (http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/tokyo/0511_volkswagen_ecoracer/)

posted by  chris_knows

Looks interesting, if a little strange. I think it will be popular amonst famous people, I've heard they like leccy cars, lol......Good to see you're making good use of 'hiding' the URL's by the way, Jamie! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

like that Toyota Hybrid thingymajig did?
and thank you!

posted by  True_Brit

That is a nice looking car. I'm assuming it would be sold in the U.S. if it makes it to production.

posted by  dvdrose18

well, thats generally where chevrolet are!:laughing: (over here, chevrolets [excluding corvettes etc] are rebadged Daewoo's)
if it is produced, it would be a Vauxhall in the UK!

posted by  True_Brit

please excuse my ignorance:oops:

posted by  dvdrose18

chill! i was only joking when you asked but, it is an american design!

posted by  True_Brit

I call BS on GM, they are feeding you crap so youll buy more of there under quality high emission bad milage crap, and if some of you are saying why didnt the y have this years ago...............GUESS WHAT! THEY DID, they have had electric cars over 100 years now, what was wrong with the EV1 NOTHING thats what, gm can eat my crap.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

No. It would, or atleast should, be a Chevrolet, as there's now a Chevy UK. Don't forget that all those rebadged Daewoo's are 'Europe only' cars. So this Chevy could be the same! Also, given the engine it has I'm assuming it's sourced from Vauxhall...as with most of Daewoo's engines of past years :thumbs:

And yes, I was refering to the Toyota Prius

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message