Chrysler needs new transmission

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Chrysler needs new transmission

My 99 Chrysler has 94,000 miles on it. 70,000 which is from us.

How come they have so many problems with they're transmissions? I read after we bought it some were being replaced with 20,000 miles on them.

Our daughters 99 Dodge went out at the same exact miles as ours.

We AREN'T HARD on our stuff.

Can't they figure out what they're doing wrong? Maybe they don't care?

Thanks for any input on the subject.

posted by  CountryGirl2

Ok, sure, you do that

posted by  greg985

just a question (if a little pointless?),,,where did the 20,000+ miles come from if they wernt US???

posted by  True_Brit

My sebrings tranny blew last week, I ended up selling it and getting a pontiac g6

posted by  t to the maxx2

We've had two Chrysler Town and Country minivans (1996 and 2001 I think) and both had tranny probs. Of course, long-wheelbase minivans almost always have tranny problems.

posted by  StiMan

not here in england!!!:laughing:
chrysler voyagers (just an example) are known for their near 0 safety rating, which the previous model to the new shape had 0% safety rating in europe

posted by  True_Brit

What kinds of fluids were used in tranny services? 90% of the problems people have experienced with Chrysler transmissions have been from shops (even the dealer) putting in the wrong trans fluid. Dexron III is not the same as the ATF+3 or ATF+4 called for, but most shops still put in Dexron.

http://www.allpar.com/fix/trans.html

posted by  ChrisV

I think that's part of what happened to us in the 2001 model. The dealership put the wrong fluid in.

If I remember correctly, the Voyager is the shorter (well regular) wheelbase version. It's the Town and Country (Chrysler) and Grand Caravan (Dodge) that have the most problems because they are the longer versions.

posted by  StiMan

Your Message