new dodge demon concept

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  new dodge demon concept

Picture 1 (http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/autoblog_dodg edemon_004.jpg)

Picture 2 (http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/autoblog_dodg edemon_002.jpg)

Congrats to Dodge and the boys at DaimlerChrysler for keeping the Dodge Demon Concept completely under wraps until now. As of 12:01AM on 2/12, however, the embargo has lifted and we're allowed to tell you about this Dodge-branded MX-5 killa destined to debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month. It's no accident that we've invoked the Mazda MX-5 so quickly as a comparison for the Demon Concept, as Dodge freely admits the Japanese roadster was its benchmark when designing the car. The Demon is a smidge shorter than the MX-5, though a bit wider, taller and heavier. Unlike the concept's shown by DaimlerChrysler so far this autoshow season like the Chrysler Nassau and Jeep Trailhawk, the Demon Concept has been built from the ground up and uses no existing platform. It does, however, use one of DCX's existing engines – the 2.4L four-cylinder World Engine that sends 172 horsepower and 165 ft-lbs. of torque to the rear wheels through a six-speed manual gearbox. Dodge officials tell us a number of engines could be used in the Demon, including the 1.8 or 2.0L World Engine. A 300-hp motor, probably the one that powers the Caliber SRT-4, was also spoken of when we were initially introduced to the Demon by DCX

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/autoblog_dodge demon_000_450.jpg

So it resembles the s2k on the sides. I kind of like it, but I am biased because I love all tiny roadsters.

What do you think? Personally I am surprised to see this from dodge.

posted by  Bronxie

it looks like a baby viper to me :2cents:

posted by  jackal2000

It looks pretty nice...Maybe competition for the Solstice/Sky?

posted by  chris_knows

Looks like Dodge/Chrysler are pulling some good things out of the hat. I wonder if it'll make the UK? By the way, the first two images were too big, I linked to them instead. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Looks pretty nice. I can def see some S2000 cues in that body styling and some Charger in the headlights. Looks really sweet.

That color looks like shit, though. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

apparently that colour and the equivalent in blue are the most popular colours for new cars this year!
i kinda like it but i reclon itll make he UK! dodge are releasing quite a few cars here, like the calibre, the Nitro, the Avenger, the Magnum SRT-8, the SRT-10 and the Ram! (the latter only in LHD)
i think itll be a while before we see it though!

posted by  True_Brit

i do like the styling, but im sure dodge will have some way of making it shit-tastic. their build quality is just too plasticy...and that's coming from an american :laughing:

posted by  chillin92386

I'll be the odd man out and say I don't like it. Seems like they tried too hard to make a girly car manly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not demeaning Miatas and the like by calling them girly, I like them and would love to AutoX one, but lets be honest, they're girly. Overcompensation here.:2cents:

posted by  giant016

Have you actually been around any of the new Dodges...honestly?

posted by  dodgerforlife

I am not a big fan of convertables, but this doesn't look half bad. Its hard to tell how big it will be. Is it s2000 size or more of the Sky size? Either way, lets see if it can keep up with the s2000 on the track.

posted by  greg985

About the size of a Miata...Shorter, but wider than one.

posted by  chris_knows

So it seems as if Dodge is aiming at the s2000.

posted by  greg985

Why don't you read the article...

posted by  Bronxie

Viper and S2000

I'm not feeling it though, it just doesn't do it for me.

posted by  Benson

Your Message