we're so behind here -- 08 viper w/ 600hp

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  we're so behind here -- 08 viper w/ 600hp

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=118999

So basically the 08s will have 600hp. This is old news slightly, but you guys need to be caught up.

There is also a Mopar edition that will make 675hp. I'm not sure if that will be production or not.

Basically looks the same but now w/ hood vents.

I am very impressed and I would love to have one of these. It's a great value...and that's an understatement.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/features/g eneral/08.dodge.viper.srt.10/dodge.viper.f34.2.500.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/features/g eneral/08.dodge.viper.srt.10/dodge.viper.hood.500.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/features/g eneral/08.dodge.viper.srt.10/dodge.viper.prf.500.jpg

posted by  Bronxie

That looks lovely. Great colour in the top picture, too. 675bhp sounds amazing, literally probably, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

I saw it at the NAIAS...Probably have some pictures somewhere.

Top speed's probably well above 220mph :drool:.

posted by  chris_knows

Ya, I read about that a few days ago. Looks pretty off the chain. I don't see all that many Vipers toodling around... I see way more Vettes.

posted by  StiMan

also knew

but awesome news none the less :thumbs:

posted by  nighthawk

Probably because one is nearly double the cost of the other.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Yeh and the Z06 out performs the Viper, so why pay more for a slower car.

posted by  greg985

i dont think it'll out perform this one!
i like the bonnet grooves!!!

posted by  True_Brit

I wasn't aware that it out performed the current model, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

It doesn't really. You just hear one person's favor.

They're probably about the same.

posted by  Bronxie

..................Dodge SRT10 .....Vette C6 Z06
Price.................86,995................67,845
Weight.............3470.....................3147
Hp...................505.......................510
Torque.............535.......................470
0-60................3.8 sec.................3.4 sec
1/4 mile.......12.1@120 mph.........11.8@125 mph
70-0................149.......................144

but of corse this is not the '08 Viper

posted by  greg985

Too close to call in the real world really, like Bronxie said, they're about the same. The Dodge has better torque figures, and the Vette has an unoticeable difference in BHP. The only real advantage is that the Corvette's alot cheaper than the Viper!

posted by  Cliffy

And 300lbs (21.5 stone) lighter lol.

posted by  chris_knows

You don't understand because you are still young. Ultimate performance isn't always what people want.

I personally would rather have the 400 hp C6 over the 505 Z06. I'm not competing in any races, so I don't need to waste an extra 20g's for someone else to give me more performance on a car that will look the same. I love what the Z06 is, but it's just a faster Vette' to my wallet. If I were to spend that much money on a car, I'd rather pay a little more and get something more exotic, more special, more rare...like a Viper.

And if I wanted a 505 hp Corvette, I'd rather personalize a "stock" C6 to 505+ hp than buy a Z06.

Your 0-60 time of 3.4 seconds is the fastest I've ever seen for the Z06. That is definitely not normal.

By the way, Vipers are selling below sticker price. We know the deal with the Z06.

posted by  What

i agree with you there!!! the C6, as you say, would do me just fine

posted by  True_Brit

The new '08 Viper pumps out 600hp and 560ft-lb torque, which should be enough to manage to outperform the C6 Z06...0-60 hasn't been listed, but it's said to be under 4 seconds, and the 0-100 should be well under the 12 second mark, and the 60-0 is less then a hundred feet. I think the weight stayed around the same, they haven't released any official numbers yet. I'll look into it some more at work and see what we have...

posted by  dodgerforlife

We don't want your late, breakin' news on the 00' GTS. F*ckin' 20th Century Dodge dealership.

When is the Dodge Ram SRT-10 coming out?

posted by  What

Alright, everyone must get base models of all vehicles. You don't need any extra anything. :banghead:

posted by  PontiacFan27

I don't understand what you're getting it, but somehow, I feel it involves me. Are you being sarcastic? I hope you weren't, because that would mean you didn't understand me...which is a Car-Forums catastrophe.

posted by  What

Where do you get your #s from? The srt10 is 510hp while the Z06 is 505. Not that it makes that big of a difference, but the biggest thing here is weight:

Viper weighs about 3380-3400, not 3470.

The Z06 also does not cost 68k, even at base price, it's 72k.

Whoever wrote that info you have must be biased towards the vette.

posted by  Bronxie

Are you being sarcastic? lol

Btw, Chevrolet intends to respond to this. Reportedly will be building a highER performance limited edition Corvette for 2009 which could cost around 100k and make about 600hp.

posted by  Bronxie

yeh i did switch up the weights on accident. The #s are from Car and Driver

posted by  greg985

...If you noticed, I said I did independant research on the other information I provided. This time I'm going to actually see what tech sheets we have on the 08 Viper, available on our internal sites.

And we're all well aware that the Ram SRT-10 came out a few years ago.

Stop being a ****ing knob.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Hey now...that's my word. Just don't go sticking the word "head" on to it.....:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

One who is a knob cannot choose not to be a knob.

posted by  Mathew

Corvettes>Vipers

posted by  Andrew0261

So eloquent, thorough, and informative.

posted by  Car hippie

Bronxie, you can go to "Forgot Password' and it will email you a new one lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Yeah, but it says that my email isn't a valid email..

This is the only email I use so either 1. there is a glitch in the system/database or 2. it's on another email that I haven't used for a year (which is slightly impossible, since I've only been on this forum since July)

Another option would be to email the admins, but the mere thought of the admins actually doing anything useful makes me giggle.

posted by  Car hippie

There's only one admin (UFF). The mods don't have the power to change the passwords or recover them...I remember another member had the same problem lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Indeed. It took me a while to realise this was Bronxie, lol.....the dialect threw me a bit. Bronx, how can you forget your password? I'm assuming you didn't have the "remember me" feature enabled, as such you would have to type it in everytime you visit....which is alot, lol. Or did something go wrong?

posted by  Cliffy

Anyone who has full admin access can change my pass.

I used the "remember me" feature and therefore do not remember it exactly.

posted by  Car hippie

I don't think anyone has full admin access though, there are super-mods, but their powers are limited (like they can't do IP Bans and stuff).

posted by  chris_knows

Someone has to have full admin. The board will not allow you to delete the root admin, so someone is the root admin at the very least.

Btw, this is a different comp where the pass is saved.

posted by  Bronxie

Yeah, Unfedfat (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/member.php?u=1)...But he hasn't been on in over a year--at least to post anything...I guess you could PM him, but don't count on a reply.

Also, can't you check the e-mail address from this PC?

posted by  chris_knows

I think alot of the time it goes in one ear and out of the other, lol......:banghead:

For future reference guys, ONLY Unfedfat can access such items! :thumbs:

Bronxie, Reference you email.....you should be able to see it on that PC in your user CP....I certainly can see it, as I'm sure everybody else can (unless it's hidden to normal members)....I realy fail to see how that's an issue, unless there's a glitch in the system somewhere....

posted by  Cliffy

sooooooooo the main admin isnt here so if he like decided not to pay for this website anymore because he doesnt use it we all go bye bye?

posted by  Andrew0261

yes it was very informative a viper can never beat a vett=)

posted by  Andrew0261

Yeah, but he makes money from it, so he has no real reason to shut it down lol.

posted by  chris_knows

o that nice to know then lol

posted by  Andrew0261

Yes, but it would be good if he came by and posted more often, so some views and thoughts could be aired. :ohcrap: :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I've never seen a thread stay on topic on these forums EVER.

Except...the random thread, because anything is on topic in there.

posted by  Car hippie

Your Message