DaimlerChrysler to sell

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  DaimlerChrysler to sell

i found this link on my favourite motoring emag (one that cliffy doesnt like:laughing: )
DaimlerChrysler are planning on selling the US arm of Chrysler!!!
Click here (http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Chrysler-300C/224186/)

posted by  True_Brit

Unless they make something amazing that people want, I don't think they're going to make any more money than right now. Not surprising since Chrysler in general has the lowest reliability ratings from all domestic made cars.

posted by  chris_knows

I really couldn't see this happen. I know that Chrysler isn't reliable but, in general, few American cars are very reliable compared to others. I thought that the relationship of DaimlerChrysler was working pretty well, but I guess not.

posted by  StiMan

it would be a great day to see the big 3 all eat crap at once and choke on thier own feces, maximum profit this you corporate pig dog fu^kers

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

The way things are going I think that day is approaching.

Ok, maybe not all of them and almost certainly not at once, but I can certainly see some major changes within the next few years. I think once Toyota bursts GM's bubble the companies will have no way of not justifying doing something. What would be really wierd would be if they all merged into one giant singular American car company. :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

That wouldn't work. I believe there was a British company that did that and ended up going bankrupt.

posted by  chris_knows

That did what? Merged the Big 3 together?

posted by  StiMan

No, two companies joined together British-something and MG I think (I'm probably wrong, but ask one of the Brits lol). And now they're bankrupt.

posted by  chris_knows

It's all speculation at this point, the biggest reason they'll post massive losses is due to massive R&D costs. The restructuring that they're working on could very well be the saving grace.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Wait, so what would be sold? Just chrysler, or chrysler and its associated companies (dodge, jeep)?

posted by  Bronxie

I thought Chrysler was doin good with the LX platform. I dont know what Id do without the big 3. There goes cheap performace on all levels..

posted by  Enthusiast

Yeah, look at those maximum profits that those greedy f*ckers are bring in now! A huge reason that the big 3 have so much trouble competing with Honda/Toyota is not because they are greedy. If you saw how much money Toyota was marking up cars above cost, and how much Chevy was selling cars BELOW cost a year or so ago...who's the greedy company? The big 3 made contracts with the UAW when they were still making profits, so the UAW really held all of the cards. Now that things aren't so great for the big 3, they still have to abide by their contract with the UAW union. As far as I know the Nissan, Honda, and all other imports don't have to deal with the UAW even if the plants are in America. So the big 3 are paying their workers significantly more, while putting less of a markup on their products. Once again...greedy corporate pig dog f*ckers!

posted by  giant016

HA when you pay 30 grand for a toyota you get 30 grand worth of quality...when you pay 30 grand for a chevy you get 5 grand worth of quality, being on the side of the industry that has to maintain the crap on the road these days, it is complete and utter Bullshit, every time you turn around you find some more absolutely useless underengineered underbuilt overpriced peice of shit, i hope your family works in a chrysler plant when they cut all the jobs to make some profit this year, build quality and build trust with customers and you will have a good product, i truly hope the imports stay on top and crush the big 3, its about time for change dont worry you'll see,

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Someone's been reading too much Car and Driver...

posted by  PontiacFan27

Someone spends too much time on online forums and not enough time under the hood of various car that are being built today...

posted by  vwhobo

Depends how far back you're going. The last demise I recall was with Rover, after being bought by BMW, and then dumped (don't blame BMW to be honest, lol), things went from bad to worse...I assume that's what you're talking about? Other than that there was British Leyland....which was just a disaster in British engineering really. It was all really the same group though (Brit Leyland was parent company to Austin and Rover). And yes Jamie...I do hate that magazine, lol....I'm staying loyal to Auto Express (have five yrs worth of issues...only missed a couple :thumbs: )

posted by  Cliffy

British Leyland!! That was it...I saw it on Clarkson's Car Years lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I thought it might have been, given that you said "British-something" :laughing:

They're still sort of about though...

LDV (Leyland Daf Van)

http://www.witham-sv.com/vehicles/581.jpg

posted by  Cliffy

We had the Chrysler Canada president in our building yesterday, and he explicity said there is no basis behind DaimlerChrysler being sold, it was all just rumours. They have said that there are several new models coming out in the next few years, and a couple more are being re-worked, they just didn't tell us which ones.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I haven't heard anything around the Dodge dealership that I'm at about Chrysler being sold.. actually they were telling me about some of the cars that came out and are coming out soon (like the Challenger late this year apparently)..

posted by  car_crazy89

The Challenger was supposed to be an '09 model, so it should come out next year.

posted by  PontiacFan27

And why should he not lie to you? People do it all the time. He has plenty motive to tell that lie.

posted by  What

Challenger is due to be in showrooms in 12-14 months.

And What, that is perfectly reasonable, but also consider that he really has no reason to lie to us. Being sold would not have any large effect on what we would be doing, we'd just be reporting to someone else.

posted by  dodgerforlife

You're thinking small, kid.

If he says..."Yes, we are trying to find a buyer for DaimlerChrysler..."...then all of a sudden his conversation is recorded on someone's cellphone, posted on YouTube, and word gets around that Chrysler is desperate for a buyer because they don't have a confident plan to rebuild themselves...aka low-ball the sh*t out of them when you send a bid in for the company.

Then there is the whole "company on a downward spiral" image that the recently rebounded company would like to avoid again. They wouldn't want their customers to know they are struggling. A "for-sale" sign will do that for them.

This is why he would lie to you...among other corporate reasons.

Point is is that you are only salesman for the company. You haven't a great investment there so you are liable to run your mouths. For all he knows you could be working for Walmart next week. Or worst...Honda. He won't tell you anything he wouldn't tell the public. Why should he trust you with inside info?

posted by  What

No suprise when I found out.
Shit, Ford alreadly owns Cummins, and they still put those in the Rams.
GM might as well take their share too. Everyone else has. :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

GM is considering...allegedly.

If GM buys Chrysler...the Viper will get bitched.

posted by  What

Your Message