ford SHO engine?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  ford SHO engine?

hey guys ive heard rumors of the ford SHO engine being able to beat some high performance shit i was just wondering if they were true thanks :smoke:

posted by  chevydude232

Without looking up exact specs I believe they had about 200-250hp. I haven't heard of anyone making a ton of power with aftermarket parts either. I love the cars, but the Taurus' were boats. I know "high performance shit" is different in everybody's mind, but in mine a land-yacht with 250hp won't beat a high performace car.

posted by  giant016

thanks for the answer but i still want to hear from some more ppl we have SHO engine at my school we ant to put it in a ranger we want it to be a show truck

posted by  chevydude232

my bro had one in his taurus but he could only get it up to 120ish. i here ppl brag about beating camaros and firebirds all the time here in des moines, i have to shut em by telling them they were proly racing a stock v6. i don't know if that's what you meant by high performance or not.

posted by  korruptd4life

i ment like beating V8 thats wat some of my friends were saying but do u tink it wouldbe a cool school project to put it in a ranger :thumbs:

posted by  chevydude232

It would be a cool project, but I don't think you'd be beating many modern-day V8s. Look at the power it's putting out, like I said, probably 200-250hp. Factor in that you're putting it into a vehicle that has the aerodynamics of a barn, and that even if you made a lot of power, without a good suspension you'll just spin the rears (no weight on them). Now put that up against a new Mustang GT (~325hp, more aerodynamic, and will launch better), GTO (400hp) or some MOPAR V8s (~325-425hp if I'm not mistaken) and it doesn't stand a chance. Putting in and modding up an older Ford 5.0 would yield MUCH better results.

posted by  giant016

If you're putting the engine in a show truck it doesn't really need to be fast. It's a good looking engine, it'll be unique in that truck, but for show it'll just need to sit.

posted by  PontiacFan27

both great comments but yea we have a 351 clevlend(sorry cant spell good) but thats for training the auto tech 1's in the begging of the school year but yea its gonna be more of a show truck if we even do it but do any of the people that read this thread would yall know any engine mods to do the the SHO engine and also any places that might sponser us:fu:

posted by  chevydude232

Hiigh end car stereo and electronics companies would be your best bet as far as sponsorships for a show car goes.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message