How do I display front license plate?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  How do I display front license plate?

I recently bought a 1997 camaro and it had no front license plate. I looked at the front of the car and could not figure out how to get a license plate on the front of the car. Is there a part that I can buy that will attach to the front bumper or something so I can put a front license plate on it?

posted by  portland5

The best way is to drill holes in the windshield and bolt it there. Less chance for stone chips.

posted by  vwhobo

SLP makes a bracket: http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=59388

I don't know what your local laws are or how strictly they are enforced, but if you think you can get away with just a rear plate, that's what I'd do. I think it looks a lot better that way.:2cents:

posted by  giant016

Go To Your Local Bolts And Supply Store And Get Self Locking B-7 Fiberglass Studs. That Should Work Just Drill Into Your Bumper And Mount The Plate.i Had The Same Problem Cops Really Do Look For That Plate In California.

posted by  DANNYV

WTF answer was that??

To original posted. You can drill holes in the front bumper, but knowing it's bullet shape, get or make a bracket to mount in the lower grille and have teh plate a bit offset to the side.

posted by  newyorker

A sarcastic one...? :wink2: :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Typical newb bashing behavior on his part...but usually its directed to those who ask questions without providing enough info..rarely does he post any actual answers, just challanges to other people's answers. :screwy:

posted by  newyorker

You could just get an OEM bracket from the dealer...

posted by  Mathew

Mine is a smart ass answer. Yours is a dumb ass answer. That's the difference between you and I. The correct answer has already been covered. INSTALL THE FACTORY SUPPLIED MOUNT.

Instead of worrying yourself about what I have to say, why don't you concern yourself with pulling your head out of your ass and giving correct information or shutting the f*ck up. Here's (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?p=242813#post242813) a perfect example. That guy won't be back because our self appointed spokesman for the thread continues to be a moron who spews his own special brand of bullsh*t at every opportunity. Your answer is almost entirely wrong. What a surprise.

Better yet, why don't you just go away again.

posted by  vwhobo

Yah some screws wont do it on the front of a 93-97 camaro. What alot of guys do is run it on the airdam under the nose.

Or just dont run one, thats what I do.

posted by  Enthusiast

you describe yourself to the tooth there old fart. and yes the answer was covered already, but you were first in line with the dumbass response of the year. check your mailbox in a week for a money order of 2 dollars, and a cookie cause ur a ****in winner man!.

posted by  newyorker

Your Message