stang and sho

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  stang and sho

which car is faster a 1998 ford taurus SHO auto or a 2006 mustang 4.0 v6 auto?

posted by  racerboi88

the SHO has 3.4 V8

posted by  racerboi88

My money is on the Stang. They should have about the same HP, and I'm guessing the Mustang is lighter, plus it has RWD.

posted by  giant016

An '06 Stang weighs in at 3476 lbs, curb weight. Has 210 HP in a 4.0L V6.
The '96 - '99 SHO weighs in at 3326 lbs, curb weight. Has 235 HP in a 3.4L V8.

So it's pretty close. But the SHO weighs less, and has more power.

posted by  DavidReuben

well i have bene looking online and i saw that the mustang does 7.1sec 0-60 and the SHO does around 7.5sec 0-60

posted by  racerboi88

Wow, my bad. I made an ass out of me:mrgreen: Although after a little research I find the curb weight seems to vary on the last gen SHOs, and your estimate is on the low end.

posted by  giant016

Well my estimation came from Consumerguide.com. And it was probably for the standard Taurus. So my bad! But apparently in your research you didn't find any numbers, or Consumerguide.com's weren't that bad. Because you didn't post any.

According to www.edmunds.com the '06 stang with a V6 weighs in at 3373.
And a '99 SHO weighs in at 3353.

Edmunds says the '97 SHO does 0-60 in 6.5. So the '97 is the way to go. But it also weighs less, 3326. Couldn't be possible weight has nothing to do with HP. That's crazy.

posted by  DavidReuben

The range I saw was from 33XXlbs to 34XXlbs. Still a lot lighter than I originally assumed.

posted by  giant016

My money would be on the stang...the SHO has very little low-end torque...but after 4500rpm is pulls nicely...my buddy has a '99 and it's not that impressive. From everything I've seen, the SHO should run 15.7's in the quarter on a good day. The '4.0L stang should also run in the mid to high 15's...would be a close race.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Your Message