what mustang to get???

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  what mustang to get???

so im buying another car again and i have the option of a 95 mustang gt or a 96 mustang gt both convertible 5-speed...which should i get?

posted by  shadow

Well the 5.0 has a huge cheap aftermarket and is a great motor imho. The 4.6 is great too. Tough choice. Really depends what you want to do with the car.

If seriously plan to actually modify the car then get a 95 (5.0). If you are just going to drive it stock, get the 96 (4.6). Thats what I would do.

If you do go for the 95. Get the ECU setup of the earlier years installed, I believe they sell conversions. The EEC-IV from 93 and before is better than the shit in the 94/95. It will pull a very very considerable amount of useable performance out of the engine that the 94-95 lacks.

posted by  rudypoochris

Id take the 95 for the reasons said above...then again if I think about it, id never buy a mustang because I think they are garbage

posted by  newyorker

Well, that garbage is faster than your honda...

At any rate, yes go for the '95...the '96-'98s were black holes of performance...as for swapping to the earlier style ECU...another definite "to-do"...with a few simple mods, the '94-'95 cars start the dreaded idle-surge-and-die syndrome.

Good luck,
Don

posted by  Sick88Tbird

I know its faster than my honda, ive driven a 95 gt with a bbk intake flowmaster exhaust and a bunch of other stuff...even with my upgraded suspension my car rides smoother than his did on stock. its not a car I think I could live with on a daily basis just becasue its so uncomfortable...and all of the interior is coming apart there are pieces of plastic trim hanging everywhere. Quality?

posted by  newyorker

That's why I don't have a Mustang...My Cougar's and T-Birds are much more comfortable...and trim doesn't go flyin' when you power shift.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Great, thats good for you! Thats probably why you don't own one and you own a Honda. That doesn't mean you have to insult it by saying it is a piece of garbage. They sell extremely well because people like them, so obviously not everyone thinks they are garbage. No one said your Honda was a piece of garbage, why do you have to say someone elses choice of ride is? When it comes down to it, your car excels at economy, the Mustang excels at speed, and they are both cheap. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe he doesn't give a shit about 38mpg but will settle for 26mpg plus a hell of alot more performance. Ever thought of that? You like economy he likes speed. Neither one of you are driving pieces of garbage.

posted by  rudypoochris

It may be faster than the Hondas, but they still aren't F-bodies :wink2: :orglaugh:

posted by  PontiacFan27

Maybe I'm just so used to my full coilover setup in my car but when I ride in my friends mustang it feel smooth enough. Besides if your looking for a fast car why are you even considering comfort?

posted by  Spanky2324

you can have speed and comfort...its not easy to find, but its out there...american cars just dont seem to deliver

posted by  newyorker

Because American cars use completely different suspension designs than imports right??? :screwy:

Speed is a relative term. Fast for you may not be fast for anyone else. Same goes for comfort.

posted by  rudypoochris

Fixed.

posted by  jedimario

No they dont but they ride like crap (most that I have driven)...they either float on the road and give you no feel, or are too stiff and loosen your fillings. I havent driven a single american car that has been firm yet comfortable

posted by  newyorker

Sorry you haven't found one yet. People have different tastes. As I was saying firm to you or comfortable to you is probably completely differen than what it is to me. In the past I did prefer Japanese chassis design, now with modern cars though I would say both America, Europe, and Japan all have excellent offerings.

posted by  rudypoochris

Your Message