97 sunfire engines

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  97 sunfire engines

ok, so, im trying to soop up my 97 sunfire, insides first for the most speed. i need to know what the most powerful engine i can put into it is without making mounts/with making mounts, basicaly i dont know much about cars and i just need to know what i gotta be paying for and what engine i should be buying for the best performance out of my car

*edit* and for drifting what size tires should i get? (big drifter here)

posted by  stormwisp

1. stop trying to "soop" up your car
2. i dont know if drifting with a 97 sunfire is such a good idea
3. go buy a car more suited for drifting
4. this will probably be the last post i make unless this pole smoker replies with some really stupid drivel about how i know nothing and i'm retarded
5. later f*ckers

posted by  glagon1979

I REALLY hope you're kidding.

posted by  giant016

lol you gotta know things about cars to be a drifter lol:laughing:

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

im actualy a faily good drifter for not having high performanc cars, i havent tried drifting alot in the sunfire but i did alot of drifting in my 92 gmc sanoma with a v6 vortex engine in it, and it did wonders

posted by  stormwisp

It's Sonoma not Sanoma, and that wasn't drifting, it's called fishtailing. Why would you spend that much money "soop"ing up a Sunfire? To each his own.

posted by  97Talonchik

why dont you just go out and buy a dsm. convert it to RWD and your all set. lol perfect drift car lol

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

Little girl, how in the royal f*ck do you know if he was drifting or not? While I agree that he probably wasn't and never has, an S10/S15 with a 4.3 is actually a fairly good drift machine with plenty of torque and a light rear end.

After you're finished answering my first question (I mean in this thread, not the thread you chose to ignore because your lack of knowledge was openly on display), why don't you chronicle for us your own personal drifting experience and then follow up with the name of the store you purchased your crystal ball at so you can tell what he was or wasn't doing in the Sonoma.

The floor is yours, but I'd bet the silence will be deafening.

posted by  vwhobo

Dang hobo. I was trying to be funny. This OP is probably a kid who doesn't even have a clue about how to start a car. Wait, should I put a disclaimer on that too before you b*tch about me stating something as a fact? You even admit you doubt he was drifting. Show me where I said a Sonoma couldn't drift. Oh wait, you can't because I didn't say it. Quit trying to put words in my mouth.

Did I or have I ever said anything about my drifting experience? No, because I think it's absolutely ridiculous (and I am way too scared to try to drift in my Sentra). MY OPINION...not fact. Let's clarify that before you decide to critique anything else I say.

Further, I quit responding to you on the other post because it serves no purpose other than for me to continue to state my opinion and you to continue to state yours. An utter stalemate that would go no where. You can think of me as you wish. You are nothing more than someone on the other end of a keyboard, just as I.

It really is no wonder this place is dead the majority of the time. Everyone's too afraid to post for fear of being flamed by you. The remainder blindly follow the all powerful Hobo. Sitting in the corner, silently nodding in approval to anything and everything you say. Bunch of sheep.

posted by  97Talonchik

It wasn't funny and you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the ass.

1. Talk about trying to put words in someones mouth. Show us all where I said that you said a Sonoma couldn't drift. Can't do it. I merely stated that a Sonoma is a reasonable drift machine to support the assertion that it's possible he was drifting.

2. In the other post, you were arguing based on your opinion while I was arguing based on facts. You stopped responding because after being presented with documented facts that didn't support your opinion you were too prideful to admit that maybe, just maybe, someone else has some insight that you don't. That makes you ignorant and arrogant in the same discussion.

3. Blaming me for the decline of this forum is simply ridiculous. Most of the decline occurred early this year. I didn't post on or even read this forum from early January till mid May. The real reason that this place sucks, and will continue to suck, is because of a mostly absent, or worse, overly restrictive moderation team and "members" like you who have essentially nothing of any merit to post.

Let me help you out with that because you obviously don't know the difference. That is my opinion based on documented fact. Want to improve this place? Leave.

posted by  vwhobo

Ugh not this again.

posted by  newyorker

wat? is it weird that it doesnt involve you? lol

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

no, hobo insulting people instead of actually helping

posted by  newyorker

i try helping as much as i can. but working around all these arguing is really difficult.lol

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

From what I've read of your posts, the best way you could help would be... Don't.

posted by  vwhobo

Huh? wat does that supposed to mean?

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

Basically.... it means he thinks your advice is crap.

posted by  thefonz

And you know wat is full of CRAP. A simple minded mechanic who cant state his opinion on wat he thinks that is good. and this is why im starting to hate this forum. Which it is becoming a full fleg argument site :banghead:

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

Not only did you prove to be a liar in the other thread, but you just proved to be a hypocrit too. (In case you don't get it...you said you partially hate this forum because it's becoming a full fleg argument site, after attempting to start an argument earlier.)

By the way, once people hit 14 or so, they stop using "lol" every 5 words. :2cents:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

They also learn how to spell properly :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

:fu: :fu: :fu: you dont know me!!

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

posted by  dvdrose18

That's so ironically humorous, I don't even need to reply.

I know you well enough to make the claims that I just did. Either prove me wrong or shut up and grow up.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

So why did you reply?? I know, it was just because you had to get your word in, and you couldn't think of a good enough comeback :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Thats what mommy tells you every night right? :wink2:

posted by  newyorker

As the owner of a 2002 Cavalier i can tell you that our cars SHOULD NOT be used as drift cars; the chassis of these vehicles gives off a HUGE deal of body roll and is not rigid enough for drifting. I've seen some people use the 3.4L Ram Air engine found in the Grand-Am, but I would not reccomand it; too much weight and torque steer. Best advice i can give is sell the car and get something more suited to drifiting cause the J-Bodys cant keep up.

posted by  cav_rider666

Your Message