New Mustangs or Not?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  New Mustangs or Not?

The new mustangs are crazy looking. I dunno if its good or bad yet, but uh I want one.

posted by  cobra

Hey cobra,
Welcome to the boards. :thumbs:
Domestic section is more appropriate for a post like this eh?

Later...
- Adam

posted by  Unfedfat

Love em

posted by  RichG

I love the body of them...however the rear-end looks gay with the mufflers like that!!!

posted by  Lilhuff11

hey just curious.. what do the new stangs look like? im not too much for them since the last time they changed their looks.. and not to sure why people buy the v6 instead of the v8.. but anywho.. anyone got a pic of the newer versions? still.. dont know why they are making them faster.. what for.. since they arent making the camaros nor the transams anymore?

posted by  CHIKA

Hey Cobra,
What mods have you done to your Cobra? Any Pics?

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

no worries... i just killed the extras dude... ;)

posted by  Unfedfat

Apparently I have a stuttering problem. Sorry! :oops:

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

Chika,
I dont have any good pics because all my pics are too big but here's a a$$ view of my 03 Cobra. Emjoy.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

Your stang is so awesome... obviously it is fast...but what car would be the closest comparision as far as speed???

posted by  Lilhuff11

hey 2k3SVTCobra.. thanks for that pic. Ya got an nice a$$ ;)

whats their price range?

posted by  CHIKA

Lilhuff11,

I think Z06's are goodc ompetition and very nice cars also. I've pulled from stock Z06's and some with modded exhaust but highly modded Z06's are pretty damn fast nowadays.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

Chika,
Prices for 03 Cobras range from $38000+ for the vert and from $34750 and up for the Coupe. Mine was sticker at $34,750. Not cheap but a lot of bang for the buck. At $34750, the closest performance car is around +/- $56K for the Z06. IF I had the $$, I'd probably get a Z06 because it's a true sports car but I didn't and I needed a 4 seater. The BMW M5 was similar in performance but a bit slower because I've actually driven one pretty hard and my 03 would kill a stock one but it costs over $70K and the M3 was much slower and didn't have the seat-of-the-pants power of the Cobra. The Camaro SS was also an option but it was much slower stock and I didn't like the long nose and the sofa-like dash board. Lastly and most importantly, I happen to like Cobra's.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

Here's a better pic....Let's see how it turns out.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

thats not a too bad lookin car, if i had to choose between the zo6 and that, id choose the stang. yea they're pretty fast, but im not into that whole corvette look the back end is too square.. lol.. i go for more looks.. then work on speed. if i got rid of my taurus id def need to get a 4 seater, no way will i drive my baby in the front seat! but yea that is a pretty good looking car.. too bad its so expensive! :D what have you done to your mustang? i really dont care for the camaro ss, my hubby did , i didnt like the hood scoop they had, i liked the trans ams better, they looked mean with that ws5 ram air hood... i think thats what its called! lol

posted by  CHIKA

The mods are in my sig. Based on another guy with exactly the same mods and the same altitude, the horsepower should be around 430-440 hp to the rear wheels which is close to 500 hp at the flywheel. I'll be happy with 420 hp at the rear wheels. I'm going to have it dynoed this summer after a few more mods.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

there was one with about the same mods as you at the track last night, it ran 11.80 at like 120 mph

posted by  RichG

The new mustangs look sluggish not fast how a muscle car should look. I am a Chevy man through and through thanks to financial help from my parents (since im only 23) I have owned 3 Vette's I can't wait for the C6 Z06 to come out! A Cobra can't touch that what that car can do stock is more than you can hope for from a Cobra with $10,000 put into it I mean come on a LS7 7.0L engine with 500hp to the rear wheels stock thats the same as a Viper only The Vette it considerably lighter and more areodynamic which makes it faster. Yes thats right the new C6 Z06 is faster than a Viper you can quote me on that I was surprised when i heard it to...

My opinion on the new mustang is defiantly :asshake: ass ugly

posted by  barsy07

eh... you sure about that? Are you talking about the old srt-10s? because the new ones are incredibly fast, and between it and the C6 Z06, it depends more on the driver.

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message