i need help deciding...

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  i need help deciding...

hi im 17 years old. and i have a choice of getting a car under 5 grand USED. so far ive been looking at a 2002 mustang GT or a 2004.. i dont know it seems like the best lookin car out there and cheapest. whats your opinions?

posted by  victor1312

Find someone that deals directly at auctions...more car for your $$.

*A trusted friend!*

posted by  BavarianWheels

I didn't think it was possible to find a Mustang for under $5K, but your post intrigued me so I looked at my local dealership (Raceway Ford in Riverside, CA (racewayford.com)) and found a decent looking 2002 Ford Mustang Convertible 2D (http://www.racewayford.com/inventory/details.php/ID_racewayford/VIN_1FAFP4 4452F192113/) for only $5,821! I thought that was a pretty decent deal...

However, if it's your first car, you should probably go with something with a little better fuel economy so you can drive around more... Maybe like a Camry or something?

posted by  bfreeman333

If you have a chance to get a Mustang...Do it. I did and I didn't, and now I regret it.

posted by  puttputt

The mustang would be fine.... but for a first car you should start with a V-6 model. Not trying to insult your driving skill. But everyone needs experience. If the car can drive beyond your skill it make it too easy to push it too hard and loose control. Better to have a car that is too slow than one that is fast and can not be driven because it is totaled.

posted by  corbett_auto

Your Message