Pontiac Axed

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Pontiac Axed

Apparently, GM's 3rd highest celling company is gonna be shut down by 2010. Pretty sure everyone saw that coming though.

posted by  chris_knows

Good riddance.

posted by  jedimario

Could be worse....

posted by  Cliffy

NO!!! I was waiting for the time to buy a new G8 GTP? The V8 6-speed RWD one. Damnit!

posted by  Satty101

You could always pick it up when retail value plummets :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

kinda sucks. the G8 is really the only car they have on the market worth saving. everything else is just a Chevy with different wrapping

posted by  glagon1979

I don't realy see the point of cutting the brand name, it is not like it will save them that much money as most of the cars are just tweeked versions of other cars. Not like they are cutting that many lines of parts or anything. I tend to believe that by cutting Pontiac they will loose some of their brand name followers. I personaly thought that the Pontiac styling looked a good deal better than the Chevy counterparts. I think GM would have been better off going bankrupt in the first place and avoiding all of this bailout mess.

posted by  dvdrose18

This just in, Chrysler is going into bankruptcy. Announcement coming soon.

Apparently, there's still supposed to be a deal with Fiat though.

posted by  chris_knows

Looks like a time to streamline the lineup, I'm not that suprised that these subcompanies of GM are gonna be dropped. But this still doesn't mean the end, some other company might buy them out later on or be revived a few years further down the road.

But with Pontiac being dropped, does this mean the end of their campaign in Grand Am and Nascar racing?

posted by  fudge

Your Message